Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8 diode 445 build

in my traditional thought,if the laser system is without scanner,it doesn`t work.you really broaden my outlook!

It's a MODULE.. with the casing and all on it..
and then that will go into a projector, with some other colors.

@ lasershowlilly... if you look all the wires go to 2 drivers. those are flexmod drivers by dr.lava. they control the diodes via... cw, ttl, and anolog modulation. that goes to your scanner.

I am not an expert on the laser system.So when i saw your pictures,i have many questions.
1) It seems that the laser diode is different from others.
2) Where is the laser diodes?
3) Which part is the scanner?
4) How do put this unit in the laser cabinet?
I am a question girl:D
Thank you!

1) they are the 445nm LDs from a k@cy0 projector
2) They are attached to the wires going into the blocks
holding them and are what is emitting the 8 blue beams
3) There is no scanner it is only a high Powered 445nm Laser
4) Any way you want...

I find it amusing that as a seller (you) of Laser Projectors
would ask those questions... I would have though that you
should know some of the answers...:thinking:

@ andy_con... correct me if any info is incorrect...

Jerry

Benm

Wow.. that's one epic build! I guess it could do up to 10 watts if you pushed it a bit :)

I'm just wondering what the beam/dot/line/cross looks like when shining onto something distant - is it a bit tolerable, or does it just make a very big + sign?

Impressive resistors soldering inline. Heatshrink hates me :gun:

Oh, the laser module is great too. :wave:

4) Any way you want...

Jerry

bang on ;)

Wow.. that's one epic build! I guess it could do up to 10 watts if you pushed it a bit :)

I'm just wondering what the beam/dot/line/cross looks like when shining onto something distant - is it a bit tolerable, or does it just make a very big + sign?

as you over lay each dot on in the 445 diode case a - you get a single - as the final beam

Benm

How does that actually work? I see 4 vertically and 4 horizontally mounted lasers as i'd expect, but does the output cube actually rotate on set in polarization?

The polarization is rotated by the wave plate. That's the piece between the two arrays.

4) Any way you want...

Jerry

Hello Jerry,
Thank you!
When i saw this picture at the first time,i thought the laser is used in the industry.Because it seems that the installation of it is different from the entertianment laser.
I am a question girl,it proves that there is a big difference between expert and sales.In this site,i know that There is no limit to knowledge.
I will try my best to learn more.Thank you all guys:)

Benm

The polarization is rotated by the wave plate. That's the piece between the two arrays.

I see that... but i'm still a bit confused as to what goes into the combining cube. Normally you'd need two beams 90 degrees apart, but i can't tell what the waveplate does from the picture... is it a quarter or half wave plate?

a waveplate roatates the polarization of a beam.

it does not rotate the actual beam just the polarization

so instead of ---- and llll you get llll and llll

overlap both and you get llll

Benm

Ah, now i see whats going on... so all 8 laser diodes are actually in the same orientation :)

Is there a specific reason you chose to do it this way? You also have rotated one set 90 degrees and mixed then in the pbs without the waveplate, resulting in a criss-cross output pattern.

Probably because orienting one axis like that would have resulted in a much harder to adjust knife-edge rig for that side, since the mirrors would need to be laying down. That or he'd have to stand that whole side up vertically, which would result in a much taller module.

itw3ak

dude that is a sexy rig! My buddy and I have been drawing up plans to make a mult 445nm diode array somehow for quite some time and this is really clean and nicely done!

Benm

Probably because orienting one axis like that would have resulted in a much harder to adjust knife-edge rig for that side, since the mirrors would need to be laying down. That or he'd have to stand that whole side up vertically, which would result in a much taller module.

Thats defintely true with these line shaped laser outputs, the mirrors would have to have an edge in the horizontal plane that does the knife edging, so they'd need different mouting systems. I'm not sure that that would require the unit to be larger though.