Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7 W 450 Sinner V1 FS! lowered price!!

Just opening a new thread for my completed lasers!

Below is my latest build :) I plan to add more as they are built, but I must find some drivers first...;)

The laser FS is on the right and the 465 on the left has already been sold!

_DM45920_zps18dff2tr.jpg

Specs 7 W 450 M44

Sinner MS V1 host (new design) with copper core!
NUBM44 diode
Copper Module with extended copper back half
Lazeerer SXD with pot set at 4.5 A and heat sinked directly to host
G lens
24AWG super flexible silicone wire
Takes 2 x 16340 batteries (not supplied)
Sold
Please note Paypal fees applicable if payment not sent as F&F.

Sinner%20MS%20V1%20NUBM44_1_zpslwzgunsj.jpg

These are the completed V1s :)

_DM45905_zpskvworpeo.jpg

_DM45901_zpsrlwycvqf.jpg

_DM45902_zpsfpmkgwnt.jpg

Notes: I dont actually know what the duty cycle of these lasers are, however as I prefer to look after my diodes, I generally stick to shorter run times to extend their lifetimes. As a guideline, I would recommend 1 min on and 1.5 mins off - at 1 min the head of the laser will be getting warm.

I can also offer GITD* on any build for an extra $ 10 and polishing is also offered for an additional $ 20.

*New generation of Europium doped GITD powders, which have very long glow times - even up to 10 hrs for the green and aqua!! The blue lasts for around 8 hours and the red and purple for around 1 hour.

For those of you not aware of multimode diodes the output is bar shaped and very similar to the M140 diodes ie not a tight dot.

** Note to buy a completed laser you must be over 18 and own the correct safety goggles for your chosen wavelength. Please feel free to PM me for further details. **

Last edited:

Re: 7 W 450 Sinner V1 FS!

Hi
Not sure if your aware but I've been absent from.thr laser scene for many many years now.
Just recently here in the UK, we've been getting some really thick fog and it just reminded me of my laser days and brought me back here. This is my first post in about 8 years or so, I'm very rusty with what's new etc.

I'm wanting a very powerful blue/violet laser with a bright beam visibility for pointing objects far far away so must have a very tight beam.

Would the above laser be okay for that?
I know Green 532nm pointers are the brightest but I've had plenty greens in the past including a few Optotronics RPL devices which are insanely bright.

Not sure where to, or what to look for really.
Need a blue that's very bright and has a tight beam for distance pointing.
Anyone help me out a little please?
Cheers

Hi
Not sure if your aware but I've been absent from.thr laser scene for many many years now.
Just recently here in the UK, we've been getting some really thick fog and it just reminded me of my laser days and brought me back here. This is my first post in about 8 years or so, I'm very rusty with what's new etc.

I'm wanting a very powerful blue/violet laser with a bright beam visibility for pointing objects far far away so must have a very tight beam.

Would the above laser be okay for that?
I know Green 532nm pointers are the brightest but I've had plenty greens in the past including a few Optotronics RPL devices which are insanely bright.

Not sure where to, or what to look for really.
Need a blue that's very bright and has a tight beam for distance pointing.
Anyone help me out a little please?
Cheers

This laser has a very wide beam/dot/bar. Nubm44s are insanely strong and would probably be "okay" for distance pointing but a 532 is what you'd want for that. If you just want a crazy strong laser than this is a good deal for you:)

Last edited:

I don't even know what a nubm44 is???
All I know is my last blue pointer was an Optotronics RPL which was only available in 30mW, which at the time was the world's most powerful handheld true blue.

Browsing through the site, I noticed some people selling 460nm pointers ???
This blue will be closer to the 473nm blue which I had so in theory should be alot more brighter/visible at a distance even if it's not even a quarter as powerful as this, ie only 1 watt output?

Last edited:

The M44s are diodes extracted from a (@s10 projector, they give a wide bar shaped dot and divergent beam. In spite of their power and visibility, these diodes would not be ideal for your use even with a 3 element lens which will tend to tame the beam a little. Another option would be to use a beam expander to shape the output and get a reasonable divergence. If you would like to see an example of this, here are a couple of very impressive threads from Minamoto Kobayashi:

Cypreus-iiib-reactivated-10x-fixed-magnification-linos-beam-expander

Cypreus-iiib-revolution-20x-dioptika-beam-expander

If you would be interested in this host with an M44, or perhaps a 465 nm diode, the 07E, and beam expander adapter (not the beam expander itself). I have 4 x Cypreus IIIB hosts available and 3 x beam expander adapters, which I am offering for sale as custom builds:

Custom-sinner-host-builds

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you would like to discuss it. :beer:

Last edited:

The quality of Grainde's work is hard to dismiss. I purchased the 465nm sinner build he had for sale and it is a monster. Very well assembled, polishing was perfect, and the GITD inlays were meticulously done.. While his prices are premium so is his work and it's my opinion you get what you pay for! Look forward to more work from you bud!

vTVz95N.jpg

ps - Kinda lost image sharpness on scaledown, sorry!

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback EN, much appreciated! :beer:

Last edited:

I could not figure out what GITD meant. All I knew was it was the little bands that glow. I finally realized.....glow in the dark. DUH....:thinking::tsk::crackup::evil:

^^^ lol Exactly. Im using the same brightly glowing powders I used on my Grooves previously. The powder is mixed with 2 part epoxy and applied very carefully to the grooves in the host. :beer:

Reactions: GSS

Will hopefully add a few more lasers here over the next week or two. Just waiting on the new BlackBuck6 drivers. :) :beer:

I don't think the price is the problem. Its shipping and customs. I would probably buy one of the hosts but once its a complete laser it becomes a gamble with getting it thru customs. And I wouldn't expect you to absorb the loss. I'm guessing this is sort of the notion members in the States have.