Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6/4/17 bunch of lasers:)

Pman

Re: Various lasers 4 sale

Thanks guys.

The 2 last ones in that above pic are sold (the cone head and the blue one underneath it).

I'll sell those last 3 as a package deal for $106.80 shipped (that's basically $35 each) paypal friends/family. Guarantee you won't find a better deal out there. Merry Christmas:) I can get them shipped in about 1/2 hour from when you pay.

Because Pman's prices are "INSANE"!

Pman

No takers? Thought those would be gone in minutes. Still up for grabs! Like new and only used for pics. Come with everything.

I'm pretty sure you've sold so many Pman, everyone is broke! :D Good luck with these.

Pman

I heat ya but it is an awesome deal. Need some other people to take a look than you guys lol

I'm the one who bought the last two in the pic. But with these prices I'm going to get the others too if nobody jumps on this deal!

Very happy with my purchase! Shiping was very fast and you even through in a little pen for free. Exactly what I was hoping for. And when I get used to 1.25w I can always upgrade the lens. And you cannot beat the price for the quality.

Pman

Last 3 class 4 sold. Lots of other stuff still including that special pen.

Hi, I kinda made a account because of this :). What is left right now? I guess that #21 is gone, right? I also hope there wouldn't be an issue with shipping to Czech republic.

joeyss

Ok why did you put a 18650 inside my ebay 405 600mw. it led'd as soon as I turned it on and it got hot in like 40 seconds.like wtf at shipping a class 4 laser with a active power source in the mail.

Pman

K, you sent me a PM and without me even getting a chance to answer I will post here as that is apparently what you want. I would not have made this public but you want it this way to vent. So, here's the PM with the answer I was about to send in a PM:

joeyss said:
What the hell man why did you send it with the battery connected in the laser. It lased for about 2 seconds and then went led. Th is a real christmass let down. also it got warm after a min.

I sent it with the battery inside the laser because I have repaired at least 20 lasers for others for 0 profit from them making the error of installing batteries in the wrong direction so I was not going to take that chance with a unit I built. This usually happens the very first time someone installs the batteries as they are too excited and are not paying enough attention to it. There was no way that laser was going to turn on on its own the way it was packaged. The laser said it was coming complete and it did.
It makes no sense to me that you are saying it came on for only 2 seconds AND why was it warm after a minute? How could it be warm if it only lasted 2 seconds? That does not add up. You are contacting me late afternoon on Christmas about it when you have had it since Wednesday the 21st delivered at 10:35AM. I'm supposed to believe that you didn't use it for all those days? Not cool trying to blame me especially as your posts about looking for a class 4 one talk about you pushing the limits of them to begin with from what I remember (would have to look that up myself).
Lasers are consumable products and most of the time we push the diodes beyond what they are rated for and are always taking a chance at blowing them. Diodes can easily blow for many reasons and the 16x 405nm does not like being pushed and I would guess that many members would agree that it is frustrating to work with.
I would never lie about any of my builds and have nothing to hide. You don't appear to have a very good track history with them yourself. There was nothing unusual about that laser build and it was certainly tested including a 5 minute run where the sink wasnt even what I would call warm.
There's a reason why I insist on friends/family payment and that is to protect myself as anything can happen with laser diodes including driver issues. Too easy to blame the builder for things out of his control.

Let the forum be my judge.

Last edited:

joeyss

K, you sent me a PM and without me even getting a chance to answer I will post here as that is apparently what you want. I would not have made this public but you want it this way to vent. So, here's the PM with the answer I was about to send in a PM:

joeyss said:
What the hell man why did you send it with the battery connected in the laser. It lased for about 2 seconds and then went led. Th is a real christmass let down. also it got warm after a min.

I sent it with the battery inside the laser because I have repaired at least 20 lasers for others for 0 profit from them making the error of installing batteries in the wrong direction so I was not going to take that chance with a unit I built. This usually happens the very first time someone installs the batteries as they are too excited and are not paying enough attention to it. There was no way that laser was going to turn on on its own the way it was packaged. The laser said it was coming complete and it did.
It makes no sense to me that you are saying it came on for only 2 seconds AND why was it warm after a minute? How could it be warm if it only lasted 2 seconds? That does not add up. You are contacting me late afternoon on Christmas about it when you have had it since Wednesday the 21st delivered at 10:35AM. I'm supposed to believe that you didn't use it for all those days? Not cool trying to blame me especially as your posts about looking for a class 4 one talk about you pushing the limits of them to begin with from what I remember (would have to look that up myself).
Lasers are consumable products and most of the time we push the diodes beyond what they are rated for and are always taking a chance at blowing them. Diodes can easily blow for many reasons and the 16x 405nm does not like being pushed and I would guess that many members would agree that it is frustrating to work with.
I would never lie about any of my builds and have nothing to hide. You don't appear to have a very good track history with them yourself. There was nothing unusual about that laser build and it was certainly tested including a 5 minute run where the sink wasnt even what I would call warm.
There's a reason why I insist on friends/family payment and that is to protect myself as anything can happen with laser diodes including driver issues. Too easy to blame the builder for things out of his control.

Let the forum be my judge.

I ran it trying to focus it after it led thats when it got warm.

and I ordered it as a Christmas gift thats why i didn't open it till then.

I never had a complete laser just do that when i turn it on.The only lasers that failed on me are modules because i accidentally got the terminals wrong. All my lasers of the past 6 years still work except my first dilda 660 from china.

joeyss

Okay you said you ran this laser for five mins and didnt feel much heat?

Then why did it get warm fast if i ran it for 30 seconds? Did you do any soldering to this or something with the connection? Is it possible something shorted when i turned it on? I accidentally killed a cheap red 5mw crappy new wish by causing a short from my power supply when i was checking what voltage its brightest at and that caused it to led. It made some heat on the module that why i'm mentioning this.

my brother said the same thing about it getting turned on in the mail we do both doubt it. I think That did not happen as the battery was almost fully charged and charged up to 4.19 fast.

it was using 1.74 amps when i measured the current. Look stuff happens we have no way of knowing how it was handled in the mail sorting centers. I'm not trying to start drama but a diode going just after you turn it on. All i did is check for a battery and close the tail cap. if it would of worked and i put the battery in wrong after taking it out I would know it's 100% my fault and I wouldn't have even bothered you about it. And another thing taking this to the forum is not what i want I was so disappointed today that this happened as I was waiting to open it since it came and this happening was like ugh.

Only thing that makes me feel a bit. better is getting 3 301s too.

I mean I'm aware there are no guarantees in the universe and literally anything can happen ( I can tell you some REALLY weird non laser stories.) I just feel that this can't be ALL my fault. And just cause I didn't open it till today shouldn't be that much of a issue. people tend to get christmass gifts early in the mail. If it was a regular day and I waited that long then yea I'd be a bit suspicious too.

Hi, I'm a first time poster. I wanted to know if you had any 532nm left? I'm looking for a pointer to use for astronomy and everything that I have found online has looked questionable at best. Nice builds btw, I appreciate the time spent to make each one.

Pman

My daughter is in labor. Won't give her anything for the pain yet so hard to see her dealing with it. Ready to knock someone out. I don't do well seeing my child or wife in pain. Going to meet my grandson today. Too edgy to add a smile face.

Edit: His name is Wesley:)

Edit: Wesley Remington Labarr
6lbs 3Oz 18"
Born at 2:22 12/29/16

Looking now like we wont be back home until Monday afternoon now.

Last edited:

BobMc

Pete, curious, is anybody else having problems with loading your last 3 or 4 pages? When they come up there in black and white real dim. It's been that way for over a week. Using a iPhone 5 never have had the problem before and it's just on your last 3 or 4 pages the rest are just fine. Thought I'd mention it. Congrats on the grandchild. Enjoy :)~~~~~~edit ~~~~there is some color but it very little. It's like the black background has been inverted it's now white, weird.

Last edited: