Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

kecked

He won’t reply to me at all. Well he need not so long as I’m hearing from your they are coming.

I think the post count went down after Astro cleaned the ....spam from a few days back....was that Alaskans head he used?

mQ8zJ7T.gif

Does anyone really care about post count? Or specifically a whopping 2% change in post count?

No doubt you've noticed many threads have been deleted recently, which would explain it.

So what if you have 1 post or 10000 posts. Neither amounts to an achievement.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Exactly, I agree 100%; nobody is trying to say that it means anything, it was just brought up in another thread by Lasersbee, and commented on by myself and a few others, and in this thread by Paul, as being noticed, and just a general statement that it happened. :yh:

JimK

No word on my order from months and months ago, at this point ill consider it a nice surprise if it shows up <3.

I would assume the first batch we get would be 575nm. But did Freeman, or anybody else, mention about if any of the first batch will be 565nm or if they will wait until a later time to make those?
Although I guess at this point it matters very little as it doesn't feel like these will ever arrive :(.

Yeah, I have not heard back since my last email I reported here. I'm glad I did get what I most wanted at the time of this thread. I will definitely jump on any more that are offered for sale, but I am not in a hurry at this point. Sorry for those who have orders not yet filled.

Count me in for a GB, too. I'm still waiting on my two I ordered from Freeman just like everyone else, but I'm sure I'm going to want more so I can make some handhelds.

So I guess I can actually sort of answer my own question in my last post.
Freeman did say that they should have both 565nm and 575nm in the first batch (in an message last week). Granted, most speculation doesn't matter much as the "facts" will likely change as time progresses.

Last edited:

Nexgen

Any news from anyone? Anyone get a laser?
Nope, he said they didn’t produce enough of them to start selling. This was last time I contacted him on 30th August.
The one thing I don’t like in these units is small crystal. Being 1x1x1.5mm it’s very hard to work with. I suggested them to increase the size. Will the power increase with size? I see this small can’t even handle 3W of pump and starts emitting all modes and lines at once.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Increase the size, increase the cost. But might help with stability and power.

Any news from anyone? Anyone get a laser?

I got some word, probably not what you guys want to hear though.

I am getting a L1000 projector from OPT. While negotiating pricing and shipping with my contact, I again asked about the 575's. I got a reply yesterday about them saying they had only 3 units left! AND, these units were only 10mW!

They said they could include 2 of them in the carton when shipping my PJ if I wanted them to. I declined, telling them I would rather wait and get the full power versions I originally ordered over 2 months ago.

However, one of my 565 modules has dropped from 22mW to 5-6mW! I asked if this was covered under warranty. Apparently so. The reply I got back said they will include one of the 575's in my shipment as a replacement! They said it should ship in the next day or so. We will see.

So, it looks like it's not going so well for producing the yellows. I mean, where are the all going? Nobody here seems to have gotten any. At this time, I seem to be the only one to see any numbers that are available or to be offered one, even if the power and the quantity is low.

I mean, where are the all going? Nobody here seems to have gotten any. At this time, I seem to be the only one to see any numbers that are available or to be offered one, even if the power and the quantity is low.
I think these yellow lasers are intended for festive type displays which is a significantly larger market compared to hobbyists.

kecked

Bet around Christmas the market will be flooded with them. Think of it for the jews it's blue and white. What makes blue and white lasers? Yellow and blue lasers. I'm just pissed that the guy won't even reply to any of my email at all. That kind of sucks. Fortunately I only have 60.00 invested.

I would gladly pay a lot more as in several hundred more to have a good 100mw of yellow. The only other source is several thousand as OPSL. That I can not do ever. If someone offered me 100mw of 575 or 565 that was stable with even a modest beam quality and modulated well I'd pay 500.00 right now.