Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

Because the color doesn't show up correctly on most cameras. I have to do photo editing to share mine, which requires time I don't have. I plan to, but only once I can sit down for a few hours and really make the pics look right.

For example:

on the same camera that can see the difference of 1-2nm in the cyan spectrum. 10nm spread below:

So take it as that. The cameras just can't do it.

However, if you do want something, it isn't too hard to hue single-color beam shots. But that's no fun for new wavelengths now is it. -52 hue later,

Last edited:

Because the color doesn't show up correctly on most cameras. I have to do photo editing to share mine, which requires time I don't have. I plan to, but only once I can sit down for a few hours and really make the pics look right.

I understand that colors can be hard to capture but:
  • A direct comparison may show up on camera
  • Beam profile doesn't require color accuracy to see what's going on

It seems to me that clues to answering the questions asked (e.g. is it DPSS?) could easily be obtained.
And what is this "speckle" that has been brought up for two or three pages?
The interference pattern present in diffuse reflections from lasers?

It seems to me that clues to answering the questions asked (e.g. is it DPSS?) could easily be obtained.

Direct comparisons are a no on my camera. I didn't take any pictures against my 532, but on the screen there was no discernible difference.

Beam profile edited in above ^

Is it DPSS? Yes. Looking down the barrel (with it unplugged), I can see a square object glued in front of a diode. I however cannot get my camera to see it due to too much light from the background. I've tried and tried to no avail.

Speckle - yes to the interference. My 589 has far more speckle than this one. Speckle (assuming polarization and angles remain constant) will increase with a tighter linewidth.

Zach, have you had a chance to measure the optical power of yours yet? The Australian guy selling these is now claiming they are peaking at 65 mW. I think that depends to a great degree on the accuracy of your LPM at low powers as most are not very accurate below 100 mW. His prices have increased and I am trying to determine if this is a true representation or just salesmanship.

Unfortunately no - while I still have my LPM from 2012 or so, I do not have the software anymore (nor do I trust it to be calibrated at this point). It is a laserbee that has the USB for a computer rather than a built in screen. I've been out of the game for so long, then all these new diodes brought me back in faster than I could pick up the slack. At least goggles don't go bad (...if you use them the right way)

The beam isn't as visible on it as I remember my 50mW+ 561 being, so 25mW doesn't seem unreasonable... that's the best I can say.

Last edited:
Suddenly had my evening plans cancelled. Gonna take a whole bunch of pics and go to town editing it tonight

Last edited:
I am looking forward to those, Zach. I did buy a 575nm laser on PL from a Chinese seller. It cost me $65.00 in total and is supposed to meter around 24 mW. I am looking forward to getting my new yellow laser as this should be completely yellow being only 2nm lower than 577nm. :yh:

I tried a direct comparison with 532 and 565nm.

Both beams came out about the same color. Speckle is the interference pattern caused by monochromatic light mostly visible on DPSS lasers.

Last edited:
I got my order of the two 575nm modules from optlaser

8c56df866888634.jpg

And the question you are looking an answer for, is it really a 575nm ? well.....

ac7cc8866891814.png

c6d074866891854.png

Yup, they are 573nm. it doesn't have a wide linewidth like the 565nm.

I didn't have the time to do an extensive power testing but they do about 15mW, I believe the module is capable to put more power as it seems to have c-mount diode.

As for the beam quality, it has a nice circular beam profile but not as nice as my CNI units. The beam is wide at the aperture and stays tightly collimated at distance. one of them has rounder and better beam profile than the other.

As for 573nm, it's yellow with some green in it. Here is a comparison with my 577nm which is pure yellow without any hint of green. The picture is taken directly from my camera with no color correction.

de5f9f866888574.jpg

For $30, this is probably this best deal I've ever had in the world of lasers.
I'll post more details once I find an allen key :p

Very nice, awesome price... Do you have a link to their page on those where they are selling them? I am not sure if you mean OptLaser or OptLasers.com

I guess I need to be a member to see the page, that just goes to a main page for me.

Edit: Nevermind, it's working now, I don't know why it did that before.

Last edited:
The ones we bought off ebay have a 20mm module (not 22mm, but 20) inside. I'm hoping these are the same.

So... does anyone have any ideas on a driver for one of these to move them off to a portable unit instead of the labby?

The ones we bought off ebay have a 20mm module (not 22mm, but 20) inside. I'm hoping these are the same.

So... does anyone have any ideas on a driver for one of these to move them off to a portable unit instead of the labby?

It’s 20mm in diameter and 30mm in length.