Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

I wonder if an increase in driver current and maybe a different lens would increase these to 25 mW if they are truly in fact 16 mW. The beam quality seems the same too. With a shipping price of $45.00 from either supplier, why pay triple the price for the same laser? :thinking:

Last edited:
I haven't tested the ones from the chinese yet but from a customer who has bought one of each to compare he's found that the driver current is the same within 50ma but at closer look that the optical allignment is slighly different. Which may have been the cause in the slight difference in power or the slight difference in beam specs.

That includes shipping to me. I can't say what it would be to Yellow Knife. The lasers alone are now $115.00 for the 575nm and $120.00 or $125.00 for the 565nm one. I have checked the photos sent by both and the ones from Alibaba are identical.

I can't comment on the 575 yet as i have not received it. But the 565 I have is not identical to the ones on Alibaba. Very similar. But not identical.

Can Alibaba supply them ?

Last edited:
Although the Chinese on Alibaba may be selling them at 30usd. By the time you order it and pay shipping it’s about 70-80usd. From talking to others the quality of those modules are cheap generic and only meter around 16mW not the 30mW as advertised.

I have to agree they are not the same. I have seen the Alibaba ones on a LPM and they were 19mw.

The 565 I bought from you holds 25-30mw.

I wonder if an increase in driver current and maybe a different lens would increase these to 25 mW if they are truly in fact 16 mW. The beam quality seems the same too. With a shipping price of $45.00 from either supplier, why pay triple the price for the same laser? :thinking:

I don't know if the beam quality is the same. The 565 I have has an almost perfect circular beam profile. Another post on here claimed their beam profile was almost square.

Hi all
More samples have arrived today. They are now under going testing with the lasers coming at an output power of close to 30-40mW.

Hi all
More samples have arrived today. They are now under going testing with the lasers coming at an output power of close to 30-40mW.

I sent my PayPal payment thru this arfternoon. Hopefuly it won't take long before you ship my 575nm.

I will do a review when it arrives.

I sent my PayPal payment thru this arfternoon. Hopefuly it won't take long before you ship my 575nm.

I will do a review when it arrives.

Yes I have shipped you laser module out this afternoon. The tracking has been uploaded to eBay from the 565nm order. I have tested it and metered with it peaking over 50mW.

Yes I have shipped you laser module out this afternoon. The tracking has been uploaded to eBay from the 565nm order. I have tested it and metered with it peaking over 50mW.

Thanks.

This sounds Great. It will take a few days to get from Perth to Sydney.

Hopefully it's now a better yellow. 565nm is nice but it is still a bit to Green.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
If 575nm, it will be very close to true yellow, with the slightest green tint. Best of luck. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That's a good development as orange ld's previously had to operate at cooler than room temperature. Yellow-Orange laser diodes are becoming closer to reality.

Edit: Just gave the article another more thorough read. It seems likely that in the future we could see moderate power yellow-orange's as well as green-yellow laser diodes. But the most exciting part of this article for me, was not the fact that room temperature diodes have been made, but that there are applications known for them. This is important for development and manufacturing of these wavelengths.

Last edited:
A true 575nm laser ought to be yellow as it is only 2nm below 577nm which is as yellow as yellow can be. There appears to be other people now selling these at prices ~$30.00 plus shipping. Can't give a link right now as I am trying to get one.

It is interesting that the 600nm laser diodes have been accomplished in a research facility in Russia, but they aren't available just yet. I expect that orange and yellow direct diodes will be available to us eventually. It just isn't today.

...the most exciting part of this article for me, was not the fact that room temperature diodes have been made, but that there are applications known for them...

When publishing, it's pretty normal to try to shoehorn applications into the article because it superficially enhances the merit of the presented research developments.
The "applications" they mention specifically include virtual reality and they cite a need for yellow lasers in biomedicine and microscopy. That sounds nice and all but it's no guarantee that this technology will make its way into our hands in a "cheap" form like what we've seen with the projector diodes.
We can hope but I just wanted to add a little cynicism to the conversation.

On topic...
Why is it that, for these supposed yellow DPSS modules, nobody has yet managed to show a good photo of the beam profile or color side-by-side a 532nm laser, or at least provide a good description of the beam qualities?
This thread is huge and there is almost no information contained here. Typical of LPF, I suppose.

Last edited: