Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

515nm Diodes

joeyss

I mean I can see a group buy just for vets , but us not getting a picture or 2 of this fabled diode is a bit lame.

daguin

Not everyone who has 1000+ posts uses the vet forum heh. Heck. I never even asked for the password. I have nothing to hide from 'low post count' people heh.

I can see the mods having a closed section to discuss forum management, but I never really understood the point of the vets section. Just doesn't seem very conducive to the free exchange of ideas regarding lasers.. which was my understanding of what this forum is about.

There are a few reasons for the restricted vet's section

The veterans are viewed as advisers to the admin. Just as there are some things that should only be discussed by mod's/admin, there are things that should only be discussed by experienced members.

There are some things that are just much easier to discuss without having to explain the history repeatedly.

Also we do a VERY few things there that require a level of trust that is only earned via time and interaction (e.g. the swap box)

Plus, we just really don't like NooB's :na:

Peace,
dave

ped

^^ VERY good point.

Id like to introduce Mr Gull.E.Bull :cool:

The only reason the GB is not offered to the general forum is because we need committed people who keep to their word. Not a thousand n00bs going "I want one!!!". If it does go through we will offer the general membership chances to get some too. It wont be cheap, but you will have your chance.

Plan B

Makes perfect sense. A full community GB would be a gong show with all the inevitable drop outs. In the end, it would fall threw and no one would get a diode. As I said though, I'm not interested in the GB. I just wanna see some specs and pics and any other gory details available.

HIMNL9

rhd

I'm sorry - but is there actually a GB going for 515nm diodes?

Wow.. 559nm and 588nm systems...

We're getting closer and closer to the ideal yellow! I wish I could eat it!

Not going to lie though... if we ever get our hands on something like the lux series 515nm diodes, its going to suck giving them 5W of INPUT for 25mw of light out..

gross...

I hear that there is a chinese massage parlor in the vets forum, :that makes for a happy ending :)

DPSS yellow isn't much better than that.

A 589nm would yield an unsteady 50mw after all the energy conversion and non-linear optics from 5W of input.

But from a diode?

Ehk!

How do you justify heatsinking so much power away from a single little diode in a handheld?