Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4th of July Fun

Well so is any one out there planning on lighting any fuse this 4th of July ?

Please post your pictures here of your pile of pyro you plan on shooting or any videos you may take :)

I have a small show planned on the lake this year for our community, it will be a class "C" low level show, the community
raised about $2500.00 so that is the the size of the show and it's not the size that matters it's how you display it that
makes or breaks a show, of course the more the merrier ;)

Since the community raised the funds I must do my best with what I have so this is what I have planned,
an opener of 5 heavy Titanium salutes fanned out wide over the water followed with increasing number of shells in
the volleys of shells mixed with volleys of cakes.
The cakes will be in groups of 4 to 6 cakes with 3 to 4 groups going off at once, the center group
straight up and the left and right group fanned left and right.

That's 12 to 24 cakes lighting every time a fire button is pushed.

The finale will include about 60 cakes going off all at once with about 30 rockets with salutes.

Because it's going to be on the water and a small floating dock of sorts I have decided to fire it electrically instead of
hand lighting it, there just isn't enough room to run around in the dark lighting things so it will all be matched to electric
matches and hooked to my firing panel.

Here is a few pictures of some of the set up and equipment I will be using.

I built this 250 cue firing panel in 1996 it has 10 field boxes each having 25 cues.

Here is two of the field boxes, I shouldn't need more than 50 cues for this show.
There are some little light bulbs on them for testing the circuits right now they get removed and this is where the
electric matches connect to the system.

This is basically the whole haul $2500.00 worth of smoke and fire that I'm going to paint the sky with :eg:
Notice the 4 big cakes right in the center, you can only see two of them :whistle:

These are the "Faces of Death" shells other wise known by the name of "Excalibur shells" and other names have been put
on these high end shells, they are some of the best 2" shells out there.

So I lay out all 144ea 2" shells so I could group the like shells together.

And then grouped them into 11 cues for firing, the smallest cue will be 4 shells and the largest will be 18 shells, all
144 shells will be gone in 11 button pushes :eg:

Now I have to basically do the same thing with the cakes, they will be shot in volleys of 12 to 24 at a time with
the finale having up to 60 cakes going off at once on one cue :eg:

Any one close by want to help set it up or come watch the show please PM me and I'll give you a number :)

More pictures to follow as things progress :)

A Happy and Safe 4th to all...

Last edited:

ped

Thats some pyromania right there!

Are you going to be shooting video of the event?

Yes I will try and get some one to shoot it from shore but you can bet I will be taping it from a pyro's point of view ;)

I will be on one corner of the barge shooting the show so I will set up my gopro camera there.

You know fireworks never video well unless you own a 3 chip high end camera, they are just plain hard to film
and come out looking any thing like they did in person.

I will get pictures of the set up during the day as we are putting it all together.

Thats some pyromania right there!

Are you going to be shooting video of the event?

Last edited:
I thought you didn't care ?

BTW I have meet many of the people here on LPF face to face !

I can see you're gonna go real far on the internet if you get sensitive over what complete strangers that you'll never meet and never have a impact on your life what so ever say on a WORLD WIDE FORUM.

Last edited:
Nice stack of fireworks you have there... that's a hell of a lot of firepower.
But where is the beer? :beer:

Last edited:

csshih

Indeed. It's like saying wow you've got it all... but will it blend? Compliment and a bit of humor. Mind you I'm not the only one to use the will it blend reference here to describe something in a similar way but of course I get jumped on. Typical torch burning.

I'll have to agree. Jeff, I've met you in person but I'll have to side with Digital this time.

Craig

ped

Christ that took some housekeeping.

Agreed Digital's post was meant with humour in mind, but FP recently lost his cat so it's east to see why he took offence.

Ive removed the posts, this isnt about "sides" , its just trying to get back on topic and stopping any animosity.

Peace out guys.

Last edited:
Actually I have worked professionally as a paid licensed pyro technician from 1990 to 1998, now I only do it occasionally.

I have put up many different sized stacks of fireworks over the years and and yes this is a nice stack and I'm hoping that
when people see what they get this year there will be a larger stack next year and we'll be using class "B" also :eg:

Class "B" has louder booms :D

The beer is in the fridge and will be nice and cold when I crack it open after the last shell is in the air :beer:

Nice stack of fireworks you have there... that's a hell of a lot of firepower.
But where is the beer? :beer:

Last edited:
I for one will be looking forward to all the display at the Mirmar Mall. Those people really get it done, hard work I'd say it's like oven hot this time of year. They shoot them up for about 20min. right over a nice lake. I of course will be bringing out some of the higher power builds... funny thing 2 years ago it was a 6x 405nm or a or 400mA 650nm man this hobby is really moving.

Jeff's house must be a smoke free zone for the next couple of days:crackup:

Wow awesome arsenal Jeff, definitely PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH ALL THAT FIREPOWER my friend - - we need all those fingers of yours fully intact for WFTMs ;) :beer:

Damn.. makes my little pile look downright dinky. Fireworks envy :-(..

7100-ticktickboom.jpg

Plus, with names like "Tits" and "Faces of Death" you can't go wrong..

Last edited:
Oh man! Thats awesome!!! Im sooo jealous because the lack of ran and crazy high temps have put a stop to most of the fireworks in my area. Its dry enough that I'm not going to even shot of a bottle rocket out of the fear that I will start a small forest fire.

Yeah I live in STL, we've got the same problem here.. won't stop us though. We're launching from a huge 1/2 acre concrete slab, and we're going to wet down all the vegetation surrounding the launch area. Should be good to go.

While the hype isn't completely without merit, fires started by fireworks can happen, there have been several years of my life during which the July 4th season was extremely dry just like now without any significant hype or display cancellations. The extreme hype and fear-mongering this year makes me think that there are a bunch of city/county adminstrators that are just itching to add their municipality's fireworks fund to their vacation budget instead.

Last edited:
The $120 I spent is nothing compared to what you have. I bought a 12 pack of "King Arthur" which I was told is the same as Excalibur shells you mentioned. I also have a 24 pack of shells. There is supposed to be some neon colors in it. I didn't go with any bottle rocks or smaller stuff this year.