Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm Laser Experiments

I wonder if it pop balloon.
Well, the matches light on fire in the middle... wtf?

I'm not sure, I only run it for less than a minute or so. Though the heatsink was pretty warm after I was done with the video.

From what I've read it should be close to 1W. I don't have a power meter to confirm though.

jbtm

Nice videos / tests!

Most I done was 700mA for 8 minutes and the diode can was 78F. Room temp 75F.

I was surprised because I'm not fanning the heatsink, its just 3x4x1" big XD These lasers are strong burners...they make a lot of objects just smoke like crazy! It's fun to light tooth picks on fire :)

@rangedunits: What, are we going to start a Laser burning show? Just like the blender guy who says "Yuck! Barbie dust! Dont breath this!"

Even with a 8mm wide mark at 7ft, i was still able to smoke red electrical tape with the cheap acrylic lens from AIXIZ

Last edited:
I noticed you are focusing your beam (you can see the nicely focused beam, nice!).
How well does it cut/burn when focused @ "infinity"? Supposedly, the Nova and WL units don't have a focusing and a re set at infinity.

I mean... HOLY CRAP... if that matchhead ignited any quicker it might have exploded.
Focused 1W 445nm is phenomenal.

jawdrop.gif
jawdrop.gif
jawdrop.gif

It lights matches and cuts tape and general burning just fine focused to infinity.

Poor LED. :cryyy: Once upon a time, in a land not far away, White LEDs where the coolest thing around.