Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

40mW 635nm 10440 MXDL Pen

DTR

DTR just so you know for the future. "Most" (some don't because they are glued/thread locked in.) of those cheap 5mw ebay greenies will twist out. All you need is 2 micro screwdrivers. Place one on each side of the board in opposite ends and twist counter clockwise. Most of the time these are loose enough to unscrew without damaging the board :)

Heres a idea of what I use: http://cordlessscrewdriverss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Micro-Screwdriver.jpg

Yep this one was glued in tight.:yabbem:

I do have a nice set of those screwdrivers though.:beer:

Very nice. I need to do something with the 20mw 635 diode that I got in DJNY's GB a few months ago. I may just take one of my extra hotlights hosts and build a LM358 driver a la the LM317 in my PHR build. Of course I only have two extra 10440s ATM.....

DJNY

This is going to be a nice addition to my collection :beer:

I don't know why but this host really reminds me of Iron Man!! I think it should be called the 10440 Iron Man!

**EDIT I just noticed that DTR put that it is the Iron Man color scheme in the review... now I am sad I thought I was being creative :cryyy:**

Hey everyone!
I'm trying to make my first build, and I'm trying to make it similar to this DIY. What batteries did the original pen take? AA or AAA?

DTR

Hey everyone!
I'm trying to make my first build, and I'm trying to make it similar to this DIY. What batteries did the original pen take? AA or AAA?

AAA but the build uses a 10440 Li-Ion.:beer:

Lol super random question, but do I have to use thermal adhesive? Or is using gorilla glue also good enough?

Hey, if I already know the current through a green driver I have (250mA) do I still have to reset it using a multi-meter and test load? or could I just solder the diode onto it and it would just give me more mW...? (Assuming I'm not overpowering the diode)

I know old thread But I love this too. This isnt a first timers build. All the extra machining and the custom Ummm everything! makes this right up there as an expensive intermediate-advanced build! Unless you have access to the equiptment or can find someone to buy it from cheap. Way too easy to screw up on these tiny buggers... But it does look great. And Hat's Off to DTR!