Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 winner of the poll: Dave, jayrob, lasersbee.

:Who is the most reputable member in your mind to do a review

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DTR

Re: Who is the most reputable member in your mind to do a review? (gifts for you all)

The unit Jay linked to seems to be the same one that Focalprice sells that has been discussed in length here.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/1...erfull-keychain-buyable-52408.html#post730652

While for the money it is a great deal and I love to play with the ones that I own. There were a few things that should be noted.

The power on these units seemed to vary quite a bit and all were underspec. From the individuals that have tested the output these are running from 80-130mW. I own two of these. One is 128mW and the other is 116mW and I actually sent that one to Jay to get his impression on when I sent him the RL-2088 to get it worked on. He confirmed the power output.

Jay also did an IR filtered test and I can't remember the exact percentage but it was considerable. Jay might have the percentage.

Also the product information lists the battery as a AAA which it is a 10440 and could throw some people off that were expecting to just pop in a fresh AAA when it dies and don't own a charger for the 10440. I actually think of it as a plus but the description should be updated to reflect the correct battery.

Last edited:

jayrob

Re: Who is the most reputable member in your mind to do a review? (gifts for you all)

Hmmm... I don't remember the % of IR, but I know it was considerably more than the O-like 10% that I have tested...

Have you tried a AAA e2 lithium?

Just wondering now, because there are some green laser modules that have a boost driver on them which run off of an AAA battery.

I have a couple. But not that powerful. Mine are about 50 to 60mW's. But that is impressive for a AAA battery...

Last edited:

I'd like to point out that there are other members which are trusted around here, and have done reviews for free stuff before:

Prototype

bobhaha

Don't Laze Me Bro

You may or may not want to consider them too.

Thanks for the recommendation goninanbl00d :beer:

I voted Jayrob, Lasersbee and TJ just because I think the review will be to the point, detailed and honest.

Gald to find so mang friends support this poll and this thread, thanks a million for everything!
Now I'll try my best to reply all your questions and suggestion, if forget any, you can tell me.
1.Refer to the quatity of reviews of priceangels, I'm sure there will be 6 or more reviews about my products at LPF, for some members who have placed order promise to give honest reviews. And Dave suggest me only 3 free lasers to proper members are enough. So there will be 3 lasers be sent after the poll. BTW, your suggestion of 5 reviews is really nice, thank you!

2.Talking about the output of lasers, I'm so sorry to tell you that the cheap ones with hgh output at our website are not as powerful as Described. For example, this 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer Keychain one are only 130-150mw. But the output of some expensive ones will be nearly (nearly, sorry )as high as claimed, such as UltraFire-501B 200mW 532nm Flashlight Style Green Laser . we also hope to know the accurate output of all lasers, so we are planing to send one 200mw, one 100mw and one 50mw to LPF, and will send more in future, to test them. We may get some output meter later, but maybe not now, for the orders of lasers are only such a small part of our deal. We are trying to improve it, so, that's why I'm here. It is possible that I can't assure you you will get the best lasers from priceanges, but what I can promise you is that you will get a proper one in the lowest price, and more, I will give you the best customer service.

3. I realize that I have make such a big mistake to have forgetten to add many kind and honest members like DTR,bobhaha,Prototype,Mike in the list. I'm truly sorry for it! Thanks for your graceful support to my poll and my company.

4. Needing help :
I ordered 500 gifts for the members of LPF, but now only 1/10 of them are sent. Do you have some suggestions or can you give some help?

Thanks, all your reply are appreciated! thanks jerry, thanks T_J, thanks toke,thanks jayrob,thanks bobhaha,thanks DTR, thanks......, all your supports are thanked

Last edited:

Pilgor

Re: One vote,one gift: vote for the hero of LPF in your mind

Reading the descriptions of your higher power lasers, it states that priceangels will not ship units over 5mW to the USA, does this also include the review units?

Dave suggest me only 3 free lasers to proper members are enough.

:thinking: I dont get why you would say this Dave. Why would care how many people got a laser? Isnt it logical to have more reviews? When WL handed out lasers, everyone's hands were out, and they all got their lasers. Some got two, some probably more. Even Range got one, and he had no equipment at the time. Why was that OK, and not this? I dig the opinion that you should have an LPM to do a review, but there are more than 3 people that have a LPM, or can access one, in the list. Also there are more than 3 that have done multiple reviews of past laser companies. Sorry, I just dont see the logic in limiting it to 3 people, or why you would personally care.

Reading the descriptions of your higher power lasers, it states that priceangels will not ship units over 5mW to the USA, does this also include the review units?

No, just forget the warning of FDA, no limit exists. FDA require me to put it at my website, and that's all. We have sent many many 100me,200mw lasers to US.

:thinking: I dont get why you would say this Dave. Why would care how many people got a laser? Isnt it logical to have more reviews? When WL handed out lasers, everyone's hands were out, and they all got their lasers. Some got two, some probably more. Even Range got one, and he had no equipment at the time. Why was that OK, and not this? I dig the opinion that you should have an LPM to do a review, but there are more than 3 people that have a LPM, or can access one, in the list. Also there are more than 3 that have done multiple reviews of past laser companies. Sorry, I just dont see the logic in limiting it to 3 people, or why you would personally care.

T_J, we are planing to send more gifts and lasers to LPF, I can assure you more members will get our lasers for free in future. Thank you Mark

Arayan --

Thanks for the vote of faith on me!!!! Those picked are all good reviewers. Any of them can do a good job.

HMike

Arayan --

Thanks for the vote of faith on me!!!! Those picked are all good reviewers. Any of them can do a good job.

HMike

Sorry Mike, I'm new here, so forgot many really great members. Gald to see you are here now. Nice to meet you.

John

John -- No problem. I don't have time right now anyway. I'm working on 445's.

HMike

iFoSh

I voted for Daguin, Jayrob, and TJ. All of those guys would do a great job though!

About the site...If you ship >5mW lasers to the US, this would be very helpful for the all of us that are here. Just a thought!

Well, 88 votes in 2 days and 400 gifts to go in the next 12 days. Would it be asking to much to post the poll/giveaway in the black blank area in the top header(lower left) of the website page? More would see it there and it ends on the 18th. Just a clickable link to this thread where you see it if on the forum.

I'm glad more than one unit is going out to be reviewed. I had mentioned 5 but since 3 diff wattage's are being sent it would be nice to see a little range. Maybe 6 units, 2 of each for review? We all know you could get a dud or a hot one. 2 of each would be a better idea I would think. Especially in the power department. I know other lasers are coming later, but what if a dud showed up in the 1st 3? It would not be representative of his product or really give a fair representation for sales of that one. If it was horrible, my guess is a replacement would be sent. Are we paying attention? :wave:

I like the advertised "ranging" mw idea for sales. If the price is right, quality good and the power output is represented accurately people will buy them if they feel its a good deal and not complain. Getting a way underspec from an advertised number rarely sits well with anyone.

I certainly am not in the running for one, but would like to see his product represented fairly. He does seem to be trying to be open, honest and listening.
How it's approached can make it a win/win or a lose/lose.
Food for thought.................and a :beer: to wash it down.

I voted for Daguin, Jayrob, and TJ. All of those guys would do a great job though!

About the site...If you ship >5mW lasers to the US, this would be very helpful for the all of us that are here. Just a thought!

just forget the warning of FDA, no limit exists. FDA require me to put it at my website, and that's all. We have sent many many 100me,200mw lasers to US.
Thanks for your nice advise!

Last edited:

Asherz

TJ, Jayrob, Daguin :)

if im not too late...
I dont post here too much but I certainly read enough to know who the reputable members are. I voted Daguin, Jayrob, and Laserbee for the same reasons everyone else did - they are reputable, long time members who have lots of posts and lots of experience.

Your website is pretty good, im glad to see free shipping which is practically a must have for any Chinese assorted products company, and your lasers have good prices per mW. I ordered a 50mW laser from budget gadgets recently, and i'm quite dissapointed with the power for the price. For the same price I could get a 200mW(really ~100mW) at your site that is the same style and the same price. I wish I would have known about your site before I ordered at budget gadgets.

I'm always in the mood for free LEDs, PM sent.