Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 winner of the poll: Dave, jayrob, lasersbee.

:Who is the most reputable member in your mind to do a review

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Who is the most reputable member in your mind to do a review? (gifts for you all)

Just a thought... since most members when wanting to buy
a Laser will want a burner... maybe the Lasers to be reviewed
by the chosen testers should reflect what will be purchased
by members here...

Maybe a poll to see what Lasers members would realistically
and honestly purchase from John7788's site.

No sense in reviewing 5mW Laser that no-one on the Forum
would buy...

Example...
5mW 650nm Red Laser Pointer with LED Light - Red $2.82 Free Shipping

If I am chosen to do a review... and John7788 is worried about
the expense of giving away a High Powered Laser for a review...
I'm willing (and would prefer it to keep the review unbiased) to
send the review Laser back to John7788 after the review...
BTW...I'm not in this for a Free Laser...:cool:

Jerry

Last edited:

Re: Who is the most reputable member in your mind to do a review? (gifts for you all)

Just a thought... since most members when wanting to buy
a Laser will want a burner... maybe the Lasers to be reviewed
by the chosen testers should reflect what will be purchased
by members here...

Maybe a poll to see what Lasers members would realistically
and honestly purchase from John7788's site.

No sense in reviewing 5mW Laser that no-one on the Forum
would buy...

Example...
5mW 650nm Red Laser Pointer with LED Light - Red $2.82 Free Shipping

If I am chosen to do a review... and John7788 is worried about
the expense of giving away a High Powered Laser for a review...
I'm willing (and would prefer it to keep the review unbiased) to
send the review Laser back to John7788 after the review...
BTW...I'm not in this for a Free Laser...:cool:

Jerry
I see it as an opportunity to test products and discovering the flaws so the factory fix the problems .

Listing what i do (dis)like about it

That way, i think they care or their customers. :beer:
-greg

^^^:crackup::crackup:
I know you are....:eg: :beer:

Jerry

TJ, I explained this to John in my PM. The more reviews, the better and it does help sales.
As unbiased as ppl try to be, they still have preferences that differ. Various reviews would show more pros & cons and help his company decide what people want and expect in future products. He would actually be able to stock more of what these "target customers" want to buy.

laserbee makes a valid point too. Reviewing a 5mw Red 650nm Pointer to this group might as well be an ink pen. We have members websites that sell Sure 5mw housings with the 5mw diode in it for $3.99? Not a thing wrong with one and I plan on making a small light show unit in the future to project on the wall. I don't need a beam, just various colored dot makers! How many will want that though?
If I took a noob guess from all I've read on the forum....a 100mw Green 532nm would be a good choice to review.
If they review out well, he'll more than make up what was given for reviews from the sales it generates.

Just my <5mw's worth............

^^^:crackup::crackup:
I know you are....:eg: :beer:

Jerry

Believe it or not, he asked me. Even after I yelled at him. :eg: John does seem honest, and he knows we are not fools. I think everything will go fine no matter who gets picked.

I know, double post, bla, bla bla..

Look at the numbers now!! Big change in a short time. I wonder if people are making extra accounts, and/or rallying the troops. I wish he made the poll public. I'd like to see how many accounts with 0 posts.

HMMM, that gives me an idea. :eg:

Last edited:

Toke

You just click on the number of votes, any of them. :)

Question, why does the total percentage near the number of votes come down to 283.83 % ?

Seriously.
poll.jpg

So Daguin for example has 60% of what ? Total votes sure not.

You just click on the number of votes, any of them. :)

I could not do that before. Strange.

Damn, now you foiled my plan of stacking my own deck. :tinfoil:

Question, why does the total percentage near the number of votes come down to 283.83 % ?
So Daguin for example has 60% of what ? Total votes sure not.

Good point.

Toke

I could not do that before. Strange.

Damn, now you foiled my plan of stacking my own deck. :tinfoil:
Ooops, sorry about that. :)

Good point.
It looks like the software calculate percentage by dividing your number of votes by number of voters.
So 3 votes allowed pr. voter will give a total approaching 300%

jayrob

John7778,

This does seem like a very honest approach to getting your 'foot in the door' at LPF...

You seem like an honest person. I just would like to mention that LPF members will want to have as accurate as possible descriptions with the specs when they buy.

One of the worst things would be to have a sales description stating a certain output power, and fall way short of expectations.

Just a friendly note to you. Because this thread is a good way for you to market and draw attention to your site, which is very good marketing.

For sure you will want to get a power meter if you do not have one. So that you can have the lasers tested, so you can give 'fairly accurate' descriptions and avoid dissatisfied customers...

For instance, quite honestly, this key chain laser on your site for only $31 dollars will most likely not be 200mW's. But at that price, you can easily sell it if it was only 100mW's...
200mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer Keychain(1*AAA Included) $31.21 Free Shipping

Maybe a better description would be something like 100mW's to 120mW's... (as an example)

Last edited:

I'd like to point out that there are other members which are trusted around here, and have done reviews for free stuff before:

Prototype

bobhaha

Don't Laze Me Bro

You may or may not want to consider them too.

DTR

I think a great approach would be to PP the winning member the funds to buy the laser on the site or reimburse them after the review. They could buy it under a name that is not known to you and document the whole buying experience. It would start with the website ease of use, checkout, payment method, shipping costs. Then the time to ship, when a tracking number is supplied and total time for delivery. In my opinion when I bought lasers online these things ended up being as important to me as the final product.;)

This would also bypass the ability to send a test teaser laser and give an accurate portrayal of what a typical customer would receive.

John7778,

This does seem like a very honest approach to getting your 'foot in the door' at LPF...

You seem like an honest person. I just would like to mention that LPF members will want to have as accurate as possible descriptions with the specs when they buy.

One of the worst things would be to have a sales description stating a certain output power, and fall way short of expectations.

Just a friendly note to you. Because this thread is a good way for you to market and draw attention to your site, which is very good marketing.

For sure you will want to get a power meter if you do not have one. So that you can have the lasers tested, so you can give 'fairly accurate' descriptions and avoid dissatisfied customers...

For instance, quite honestly, this key chain laser on your site for only $31 dollars will most likely not be 200mW's. But at that price, you can easily sell it if it was only 100mW's...
200mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer Keychain(1*AAA Included) $31.21 Free Shipping

Maybe a better description would be something like 120mW's to 140mW's... (as an example)

I agree. The biggest issue we have is being sold under spec lasers. That is why we recommend O-Like and Rayfoss all the time. They meter their lasers, and you receive what is promised.

I also agree with Jay's post...

I don't know if Rayfoss has an LPM but I know for a fact
that Susie from O-Like purchased a Deluxe LaserBee I
from us...

The problem might be that John7788 does not handle
the Lasers and only drop ships them...

Perhaps John7788 can comment on this part of his operation...
Are the Lasers on your site Drop Shipped or are they shipped
by you from your facility....:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited: