Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 Mode 420mW Red Laser.:D

Just put this together the other day.:D

It is now my favorite Red Laser.

LPC-826 with a 405-G-1 lens. Its very powerful.:)

High 420mW
Med/Pulsed ~130mW
Strobe ~260mW

Their was some fog from an Ecig that i was using before i shot the video. But very little.:)

Thanks for looking.!!!

Last edited:

Hmm.. I could be completely off base here but -- wouldn't a red coated lens give better output than that, even? Just seems strange to be using a 405nm coated lens in a powerful red like that...

...But perhaps you know something I'm not aware of. (very possible.)

Do report back on the longevity, though... If the 826's can do 420mW reliably, that's certainly a hell of a number.

Last edited:
Wow... 420mW of red... nice...
I like the 3 functions...

Jerry

Hmm.. I could be completely off base here but -- wouldn't a red coated lens give better output than that, even? Just seems strange to be using a 405nm coated lens in a powerful red like that...

...But perhaps you know something I'm not aware of. (very possible.)

Do report back on the longevity, though... If the 826's can do 420mW reliably, that's certainly a hell of a number.

Even thought the 405-G-1 lens is Meant for 405nm it is still a Superior lens over any cheaper red AR coated Lens.

In this build The Aixiz Lens Gives ~320mW, The AR coated Acrylic Gives ~340mW and the G1 gives 420mW.:) The 650-G-1 would give slightly more in power if used.:D

So even though its coated for 405nm best it still better then any other Red Lens Except for the 650nm-G-1 lens.:)

I will report back any updates on the longativity. But i can tell you that it has run a total of 4 hours already and it has not degraded.:) I use it every night pretty much with a total of 10-15 minutes of on time as this laser does not heat up even if left on for 10 minutes straight witch i do it only gets slightly are.:)

Wow... 420mW of red... nice...
I like the 3 functions...

Jerry

Thanks.:)

Last edited:

jakeGT

I finally got a suitable driver for this lpc 815 I have that was doing 400mW being direct driven that I have to build.
I'd like to See a number around 400mW with a g-1 lens

^^^Are you asking me for a LPM Video or are you saying you cant wait to see what your 400mW one will do with a G1.?:) I cant wait neither if thats what you meant. It will do over 500mW.!!! For sure.:wave:

If so Here are some of my other High Power Reds With the 405-G-1 Lens that i have built. I dont have time TO make one with this Laser in the OP at the moment but ill get it up tonight.:)

Here is One of my High Power Reds doing over 400mW with the G1 lens on that i did a little over 2 months ago. THis is a Long Closed Can Diode out of the GGW sled.

Here is another 400mW+ Laser i built for a member on the forum using the LPC-826

I also Have another LPC-815 doing over 400mW with a 405-G-1 lens.

Last edited:

jakeGT

Yes, I meant the one I had that I made that thread about where I was direct driving a LPC-815, and me and you were discussing the power output with a g-1, but I didn't/don't have any at the moment.

But that LPC-826 is very impressive! What current are you running it at? Or maybe I missed it in the OP.

Yes Yes. I want to see yours with the G1 lens.:drool:

OOPS. Forgot to say the Currant. Running it at 545mA.:cool:

Ive tested 10 LPC-826. Most of them did 300mW-310mW with the Red AR coated Acrylic lens at 520mA.

3 of them out of the 10 was doing ~330mW at 520mA. So i used one of them in this build.:)

Hope you get the G1 soon.:beer:

Last edited:
wait... whaaa? 420mw (take that stoners) from a LPC 826?? I want that, I have the parts sitting right here too!!!

Awesome job though + :beer: I love multimode lasers :D

GRRRrrr.. must spread some rep before dishing it to Lazeerer first. I owe you one :beer:

Last edited:
Cool and nice laser
swgc1o

I love these 3 functions
wfc4q4

wait... whaaa? 420mw (take that stoners) from a LPC 826?? I want that, I have the parts sitting right here too!!!

Awesome job though + :beer: I love multimode lasers :D

GRRRrrr.. must spread some rep before dishing it to Lazeerer first. I owe you one :beer:

Thanks Buddy. No worries on the Rep Its not a big deal. Yes 420mW. I got 3 diodes that where putting out more then the Average ones. I used one of them in this build If i used a regular one it would have put out ~400mW.

Cool and nice laser
swgc1o

I love these 3 functions
wfc4q4

Thanks Me too. The Pulsed is my favorite.:wave:

Last edited: