Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2nd build ever .. and i have failed.

Pman

Why couldn't you resolder it?
Try not to take it so hard, things happen. Regardless of how many units I've built there's always the moment just before turning it on I hope nothing goes wrong. Most of the time we are pushing the diodes over-spec and all are not created equal. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wonders if they will work the next time I use them too.

I still don't understand why you soldered a wire to the pill. The two wires from the driver go to the diode, and you solder the outside of the (underside) driver to the pill...I don't know what that red wire came from.

There are no wires soldered to the pill, he is referring to the combined driver/pill as the pill, the wires from the driver pass through the pill, if one breaks, you don't have access to resolder it and may not be able to get it back out of the pill without breaking it. This is partly why I have frequently recommended always buying the drilled pill when using a C6, a drilled pill gives you access to the driver, it also has room for a full length module and more room for your wires.

Alan

There are no wires soldered to the pill, he is referring to the combined driver/pill as the pill, the wires from the driver pass through the pill, if one breaks, you don't have access to resolder it and may not be able to get it back out of the pill without breaking it. This is partly why I have frequently recommended always buying the drilled pill when using a C6, a drilled pill gives you access to the driver, it also has room for a full length module and more room for your wires.

Alan

Ah. On my phone it looked like a wire soldered to the pill. My bad...

Hi if you think your soldering kills are bad keep practicing on two pieces of wire again and again. First flux the wire a little touch the wire with the iron that has solder on it it's tinned. Noe all you have to do is put wires together and just touch them lightly for a second and there you have it. Do it over again with the same two pieces of wire till you get better and get the feel for you iron. Yes we all have mishaps no one is perfect. Good luck you'll get it right.

Hope you had the fire department on stand by. Matches and burning paper on a bed do not make good bed fellows. Good job on the build.

it will be ok .. im very careful .. batterys were pretty dead so it wasnt omfg its burning but yes .. your right tho, probably not my best location lol

Why couldn't you resolder it?
Try not to take it so hard, things happen. Regardless of how many units I've built there's always the moment just before turning it on I hope nothing goes wrong. Most of the time we are pushing the diodes over-spec and all are not created equal. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wonders if they will work the next time I use them too.

Once you press the driver and brass ring into the driver pill it's not easy to take it out, you have to stick something into the small hole on top and force it out, which a lot of times will end up crushing some components on the driver.

Silicone wire would of prevented this (unless it was pulled off)