Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  YES!

Re: 2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  YES!

ColdStl said:
I like Mag's. They're made in the U.S.A. and they're durable. Chinese flashlights look cooler and are cheaper to purchase....Besides that, I read a "Pro tip" about avoiding the attempt of the use of a Mag   ::) (I had to do it.LOL)

How about some pics?
It's true. Do not use a minimag without using a driver.

Might as well throw your diode in the garbage right now.

DTMF said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU  woop's  :D
No.
You did NOT just post that link.
You did NOT just cross that line.

Leave.
Now.

Somebody please explain what is wrong with that video before i flip out and kill someone.

Well... it's the first time I see this video...

Did I miss something.... :-/

WTH are the LD leads attached to for power.... :-? :-?

Jerry

lasersbee said:
Well... it's the first time I see this video...

Did I miss something....  :-/

Jerry
It's the KIPKAY MINIMAG FLASHLIGHT HACK!!!!!!! :mad:
Don't you get it? He is connecting the diode STRAIGHT to batteries.

Grr.

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=lasersbee link=1233873091/0#19 date=1233979156]Well... it's the first time I see this video...

Did I miss something....  :-/

Jerry

Grr.[/quote]

What a jerk... that KipKay...... :eek: :eek:

Jerry

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=DTMF link=1233873091/0#16 date=1233975751]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU  woop's  :D
No.

Leave.
Now.

Somebody please explain what is wrong with that video before i flip out and kill someone.[/quote]
Only a n00b or an idiot would make and use a laser without a driver, even if it's not a real nice one (like a DDL vs a FlexDrive).

DTMF

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=DTMF link=1233873091/0#16 date=1233975751]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU  woop's  :D
No.

Leave.
Now.

Somebody please explain what is wrong with that video before i flip out and kill someone.[/quote]

sooner or later someone was going to post it :p

Re: 2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  Y

lasersbee said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1233873091/20#20 date=1233979265][quote author=lasersbee link=1233873091/0#19 date=1233979156]Well... it's the first time I see this video...

Did I miss something.... :-/

Jerry

Grr.[/quote]

What a jerk... that KipKay...... :eek: :eek:

Jerry[/quote]

Yep, he made over nine grand on that...Seriously its just plain ridiculous. He went back and fixed it up a little http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwaMNab5pw&annotation_id=annotation_858003&feature=iv
I can't even imagine how many diodes that "hack" has killed. :'(
--hydro15

Bearded_Galaxy said:
I've come across an AMAZING idea: how to get a FlexDrive inside of a MiniMAG 2 AA host, and still have itt plausable.  I've figured it out.  Please vote and respond here with your interest level in this.

QUESTION!

does your idea still allow it to operate like a normal mini mag? as in twisting the top to turn it on?

Mohrenberg said:
[quote author=Bearded_Galaxy link=1233873091/0#0 date=1233873091]I've come across an AMAZING idea: how to get a FlexDrive inside of a MiniMAG 2 AA host, and still have itt plausable.  I've figured it out.  Please vote and respond here with your interest level in this.

QUESTION!

does your idea still allow it to operate like a normal mini mag? as in twisting the top to turn it on?[/quote]
Yes, of course.

Switch

Bearded_Galaxy said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1233873091/0#18 date=1233978353][quote author=DTMF link=1233873091/0#16 date=1233975751]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU  woop's  :D
No.

Leave.
Now.

Only a n00b or an idiot would make and use a laser without a driver, even if it's not a real nice one (like a DDL vs a FlexDrive).[/quote]

Well I may be a noob or an idiot, but my kipkay laser is still alive one year after I built it, and I still continue to use it. ::) It's not recommended, but it might just work without a driver.....it's not really equivalent to throwing your diode in the garbage. ::)

Well I may be a noob or an idiot, but my kipkay laser is still alive one year after I built it, and I still continue to use it. It's not recommended, but it might just work without a driver.....it's not really equivalent to throwing your diode in the garbage.
But you have been here long enough to remember the countless "why is my laser dead threads" that we have seen.

Regards rog8811

Switch said:
[quote author=Bearded_Galaxy link=1233873091/20#22 date=1233979594][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1233873091/0#18 date=1233978353][quote author=DTMF link=1233873091/0#16 date=1233975751]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU  woop's  :D
No.

Leave.
Now.

Only a n00b or an idiot would make and use a laser without a driver, even if it's not a real nice one (like a DDL vs a FlexDrive).[/quote]

Well I may be a noob or an idiot, but my kipkay laser is still alive one year after I built it, and I still continue to use it. ::) It's not recommended, but it might just work without a driver.....it's not really equivalent to throwing your diode in the garbage. ::)[/quote]
Virtually nothing is 100%. The only thing that is, that religious people and atheists can agree on, is that all living things must die eventually.

if you dont have a heatsink inside i would better use a PEN STYLE HOST than this one.. it is so ugly also..

:-X

daguin

Bearded_Galaxy said:
Well I may be a noob or an idiot, but my kipkay laser is still alive one year after I built it, and I still continue to use it. ::) It's not recommended, but it might just work without a driver.....it's not really equivalent to throwing your diode in the garbage. ::)

I am very pleased that yours is still working. Enjoy it. However, there are over 6000 people on this list (and there are other lists as well). The overwhelming majority of these driverless builds die very quickly. We get an amazing number of people that find this forum BECAUSE their KipKay hack has burned out. They do their research AFTER they fail.

It is said that there is an exception to every rule. You can stand proud as one of the exceptions to this rule. However, our recommendations and reports are NOT based in the very small number of exceptions. They are based in the MUCH LARGER number of reported failures of this hack.

Peace,
dave