Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  YES!

I've come across an AMAZING idea: how to get a FlexDrive inside of a MiniMAG 2 AA host, and still have itt plausable. I've figured it out. Please vote and respond here with your interest level in this.

Re: 2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  YES!

I'd like to see the build before I buy, so I voted for the tutorial.

What's the point?
We have plenty of nice hosts that are simple to use, and a lot smaller, that already fit the flexdrive.
Nobody even likes the look of a minimag...
Why go through all the trouble?

I like Mag's. They're made in the U.S.A. and they're durable. Chinese flashlights look cooler and are cheaper to purchase....Besides that, I read a "Pro tip" about avoiding the attempt of the use of a Mag ::) (I had to do it.LOL)

How about some pics?

Re: 2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  Y

Spyderz20x6 said:
What's the point?
We have plenty of nice hosts that are simple to use, and a lot smaller, that already fit the flexdrive.
If you knew how easy the build was, you'd understand. Plus, my idea uses 1600 mAh lithium batteries, so it gets pretty good battery life. And it's more discrete than a lot of those Chinese ones. Plus, it comes is LOADS of colors, including a US flag pattern and a camo pattern. The build is EXTREMELY easy, even TOTAL n00bs (as long as they're a bit on the competent side) can make it. It's also cheaper than having to buy a big heatsink from JayRob, and if you need to make one fast, you can run down to you're local "Joe's" (G. I. Joe's) and pick up the host.

EDIT: Several of my friends preferred the look of the camo MiniMAG to DX's sku.4171 and sku.5429.

Bearded_Galaxy said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1233873091/0#2 date=1233875739]What's the point?
If you knew how easy the build was, you'd understand.  Plus, my idea uses 1600 mAh lithium batteries, so it gets pretty good battery life.  And it's more discrete than a lot of those Chinese ones.  Plus, it comes is LOADS of colors, including a US flag pattern and a camo pattern.  The build is EXTREMELY easy, even TOTAL n00bs (as long as they're a bit on the competent side) can make it.  It's also cheaper than having to buy a big heatsink from JayRob, and if you need to make one fast, you can run down to you're local "Joe's" (G. I. Joe's) and pick up the host.

EDIT: Several of my friends preferred the look of the camo MiniMAG to DX's sku.4171 and sku.5429.[/quote]
Meh.
I prefer my lasers with heatsinks...

As do I, but if you're like my friends who can't afford to have me build them those models, or if you plan on having short duty cycles anyway, then it's not really a big deal. I like the heavier feel of the MXDLs with JayRob's heatsinks, but if it's not what my customers want, there's little purpose past my own enjoyment. Any good business man knows that you have to provide what people want, or pretty soon you might be filing a chapter 11.

TU [clap] TO [clap] RIAL!

rebman

MiniMAG's are ugly.

Lasers without heatsink's are stupid.

jayrob

Bearded_Galaxy said:
As do I, but if you're like my friends who can't afford to have me build them those models, or if you plan on having short duty cycles anyway, then it's not really a big deal.  I like the heavier feel of the [highlight]MXDLs with JayRob's heatsinks, but if it's not what my customers want,[/highlight] there's little purpose past my own enjoyment.  Any good business man knows that you have to provide what people want, or pretty soon you might be filing a chapter 11.

Sorry to thread jack, but you have mentioned my MXDL heatsinks a couple of times...

I just want to point out that there are other builds that I offer kits for. The Pocket Mini is a superb build if you want something very small.

It still has nice heatsinking, and gives the owner a choice of primary or rechargeable batteries! :) Look how small it is!:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231664443/0
Jay

jayrob said:
[quote author=Bearded_Galaxy link=1233873091/0#6 date=1233898214]As do I, but if you're like my friends who can't afford to have me build them those models, or if you plan on having short duty cycles anyway, then it's not really a big deal.  I like the heavier feel of the [highlight]MXDLs with JayRob's heatsinks, but if it's not what my customers want,[/highlight] there's little purpose past my own enjoyment.  Any good business man knows that you have to provide what people want, or pretty soon you might be filing a chapter 11.

Sorry to thread jack, but you have mentioned my MXDL heatsinks a couple of times...

I just want to point out that there are other builds that I offer kits for. The Pocket Mini is a superb build if you want something very small.

It still has nice heatsinking, and gives the owner a choice of primary or rechargeable batteries! :) Look how small it is!:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231664443/0
Jay[/quote]
God, Jay. I love how well you advertise <3.

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT THE POCKET MINI BUILD!

jayrob

Well, it's just that when someone says something like 'my customers don't want the big MXDL heatsink from jayrob', or along those lines... I feel it necessary to make it known that there are other choices! ;)
Jay

Never choose looks over performance ::) and the MXDL looks better with all its shapes and grooves and whatnot. If you want something with a long skinny shaft (lulz) get yourself a leadlight/pen style laser. They look better than a miniMAG as well. Also, flexdrives can work with 1000mAh Ni-MH AAA's so the battery life is perfectly decent.

daguin

HumanSymphony said:
[highlight]Never choose looks over performance [/highlight]::)

Do not tell my wife this :-/

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1233873091/0#12 date=1233903409][highlight]Never choose looks over performance [/highlight]::)

Do not tell my wife this  :-/

Peace,
dave
[/quote]
lol ;D :'(

Switch

Well, seeing that the flexdrive can fit a keychain laser this doesn't really strike me as a surprise.You could fit a LM317 driver in the minimag and use lithium batteries. :p Besides, if the build is so obnoxiously easy as you say, anyone should be able to figure it out.