Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2.05 Watt 445nm Laser in Cree SacredFire NF-009 Mohrenberg Heatsink+Tutorial

That's my favorite one of the high powered lasers. This is awesome. You should make them and sell them. Could make $100 - $150 profit on each one no problem. Bet everyone would buy it.

Really thanks. Its cool to know that its a Favorite of yours.:)

Thats an awesome build!

Thanks: I might be improving it with a new driver mod that i have been working on.:)

madog

That's a beast! I have one very similar to it in the same host. It was built by Flaminpryro himself. You have me beat by a little under 500mw.

Took a few more beam Shots: :eg:

PC260036.jpg

From Left to right Is 1167mW 445nm in SS Cree Host, Middle is 758mW Arctic and pointing up is the beast at 2050mW.
PC260040.jpg

From Left to right Is 1167mW 445nm in SS Cree Host, Middle is 758mW Arctic and pointing up is the beast at 2050mW.
PC260043.jpg

Last edited:
I havent been on the forums for quite a while. So, Whats the deal with these 2W lasers? Is this just the 1W blue diode that we all know so well running higher to make 2W?

I havent been on the forums for quite a while. So, Whats the deal with these 2W lasers? Is this just the 1W blue diode that we all know so well running higher to make 2W?

You are Correct. Its Being driven at 1.8A with the 405-G-1 lens to achieve this power.:eg:

I do not believe you can get 2W+ with an Aixiz 405nm/445nm lens.

Holy cow! I normally don't like copying other people's idea but I hope he kept the dimensions for that heatsink because I've wanted to build a "beast" of my own for awhile now and I think I just found the host for it.

You can ask Mo but not sure if he will make it for you. I asked for a second set but he dint have time or keeps the dimensions.

Good luck Bribing him.:eg:

The detail of your tutorial is excellent. That is exactly what we need more of.:beer:

Yes, that was missing from this forum. Glad we have you both here :bowdown::bowdown:

lazeerer, fantastic work with the tutorial. Keep it up :beer:

lol. I kinda figured that with the hectic schedule he's about to start. Heh actually that solves a problem for me. I was just looking at a list of diodes I have/about to order and trying to figure out what host to put them in. If I built a "beast" now I'd have an extra host without a diode which is a major problem that'd I'd be forced to remedy. :p Although I still have a PHR reserved depending on if we ever figure out if those cree lights from DX have the old style reflector if you order just the light without the extension.

Yes, that was missing from this forum. Glad we have you both here :bowdown::bowdown:

lazeerer, fantastic work with the tutorial. Keep it up :beer:

Hey :thanks: alot means alot to me.:)

lol. I kinda figured that with the hectic schedule he's about to start. Heh actually that solves a problem for me. I was just looking at a list of diodes I have/about to order and trying to figure out what host to put them in. If I built a "beast" now I'd have an extra host without a diode which is a major problem that'd I'd be forced to remedy. :p Although I still have a PHR reserved depending on if we ever figure out if those cree lights from DX have the old style reflector if you order just the light without the extension.

Yes, there are 2 different reflectors for that host. I have never once gotten the new one and i have ordered few of them. So its i guess a chance if you are willing to take. For 10 Bucks you will eaither have a flashlight or a laser. If i had extra reflectors i would say just order it and if it comes with the cone shaped one i would send you out one. But the problem is i dont have any extra but i wish i did.:( For you guys.

New Beam Video of The Beast in Action:

If possible watch in HD + Full Screen.:)
A little fog in this video even though its not needed.:p

:thanks:For Looking.!!!

LaZeRz

WOW nice! thats so cool, goodjob! :D hulk would wimper at the size of that heatsink :p

+1 keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Hey thanks Buddy.:) I am glad you enjoy my builds.

If you click on the Word Reviews in my Sig, that will bring you to a link of all my laser Reviews + Some Tips & Mods.

LaZeRz

Yeh ive seen most of them :D im pretty sure that heatsink is bigger than a maglite 2c one, atleast thats what i think :D lol gratz to you for making and owning the laser and gratz to moh for his lathe skills :)

Not sure if its the same size but if not its close.:) Yea he does have skills.

I really like how he did the pocket and mounting screws.:evil: