Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W handheld $170 - 445nm diode $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecV

Maybe they made a mistake on their pricing? I guess the guys that got it at $170 are the lucky ones. :pop:

Not worth it at $270 IMHO. You can DIY it far more cheaply than that.. Even using someone's 'hot option' kits where there's really no real work involved.

They did go up, when they came on to LPF they advertised $150 and then they got banned, the next day they were at $170. Now they are at $227. I ordered Sunday, and got 1 e-mail for conformation and another when they received my PP, I have not heard anyhting about a ship date yet. Hopefully I didn't get ripped off. Hope it doesn't turn into another WL game. :undecided::undecided: :toilet:

HIMNL9

^ those types of "games" are dangerous only for the sellers, when they do them ..... after all, we're a big community, and if a seller start to do similar "games", it does not take too much, before the news spread around on all the forums and reduce their business ..... ;)

oic0

When its a place we've never heard of though, they just change their name and come back next week.

I should would like a magical $20 yellow diode though :D

The green lasers said the price was $230 for a 400mw. Then when I put it into the shopping cart it was $530 :undecided:

If You read the add it has $300 as the starting point and when you get down to 400mw it says +230. So what have we learned $230 + $300 =$530. :spank:

I was just on live chat with Wendy from LVYI and she said that the diodes are available in Blue, Green, yellow and red.

Here is part of the chat

Jeff says:
What color are the laser diodes that are listed for $20?
wendy says:
they have blue green red yellow

I'd be half tempted to throw $20 away and order the yellow, just to see what (if anything) they ship. Guessing either an LED or more likely, nothing at all.

I dont think they have anything for sale. Sounds like a bait and switch scam to me. Save your $20.

very fishy

its easy to offer free shipping if you have no intention to ship anything-

- plus the bouncing price of the 1 watt 445- 150$ to 170$ to 270$ back to 227$

the 200mWs module looks just like the crappy one that Laserlands sold me at half price

they refused to replace it because it took me a few weeks to find that it was only putting out 25 mWs and was mode hopping all over the place--(waiting on my lpm)

best of luck to Jerry and Luke--from what Dave tells us they will need it.. save your $$ at least until we hear something GOOD about them--imo

DrSid

It may have actually been a bad idea from them to advertise here. Cause we will not be fooled that easily .. and when we do, we share the knowledge. Some affair with Lucasfilm would server them better. :D

If they're not just a scam, more than likely they got a bunch of orders @170, figured people really wanted them and they could jack up prices, and when they did, the new orders dried up, so they cut prices again.

I wouldn't mind ordering one myself @ $170 but i'm waiting to see if the other people who have ordered actually get a laser first.

If they're not just a scam, more than likely they got a bunch of orders @170, figured people really wanted them and they could jack up prices, and when they did, the new orders dried up, so they cut prices again.

I wouldn't mind ordering one myself @ $170 but i'm waiting to see if the other people who have ordered actually get a laser first.[/QUOTE

I orderd on the 29th and I have only got 2 e-mails, 1 confirming order and for payment confimation. I have been on chat at 1:30 am MT and I still don't know what my order status is. Sounds familiar.:undecided:

madog

When you look at the green hosts they offer, (3 to choose from), the top one is very attractive to me.

I am still decideing if they are trust worthy, if I get my laser and if it s good as they say
then I will trust them. :knight:

Status
Not open for further replies.