Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W 525nm Diodes!

Things

Right now it will, yes. An engineering sample of a diode this new would probably cost more than your average car. The only way we'll be able to afford them is if they start using them in projectors like they are the 445nm diodes.

Blord

The 525nm wavelength is too close to the traditional 532nm . I was really hoping for lower wavelength like 515nm.
At least it is a new color to play with.

Things

Not only that, but they're going to be a lifesaver for projectors!

DPSS lasers have crappy modulation characteristics. You can bet every laser projector enthusiast will be seeking one (or 44 ;) ) of these for their projector when they are commercialized!

DrSid

I wonder .. is this for projectors, or laser TVs witch scanned beam ?
Projectors would have lots of multimode diodes .. similar to 445nm .. simply as a light source.

Laser TV would need one rather good beam. Knife edging is most probably out of question .. and PCB can only combine 2 diodes .. but that would be rather weak even at 1W .. right ?

Boy did our dreams come true... 1W of 525!

I'm just "slightly" worried about how ugly the beam specs will be.

Anyone have any ideas where we would even order lenses from?

1W 525nm :drool:

My goodness, I'm already thinking about the host I want to use even if it's not available for a good while.

ARG

Wow, this will be a big change for projectors! More than one option for green, and a cheaper one too! Just need more single mode red diodes now :p

Boy did our dreams come true... 1W of 525!

I'm just "slightly" worried about how ugly the beam specs will be.

Anyone have any ideas where we would even order lenses from?

Broadband planoconcave and planoconvex lens' that are used for correcting the 638's/445's should work just fine.

ARG

Who said it's gonna be cheap ?

Well, that's assuming it's going to be integrated into a projector. I would say more, but I should not speak of a thread that is in the vets section.

If they are in a projector anything under 350$ per a diode would make a DIY green module cheaper than a DPSS 1W 532nm.

DrSid

Well, that's assuming it's going to be integrated into a projector. I would say more, but I should not speak of a thread that is in the vets section.

If they are in a projector anything under 350$ per a diode would make a DIY green module cheaper than a DPSS 1W 532nm.

Oh .. that reminds me I'm vet too .. :beer:

ARG

No fair Quit taunting me :gun: :banghead:

Well I suppose it couldn't hurt.

The initial tests on these diodes were about 1.2W @ 1A. The beam is size is sort of between a 445nm diode and a 638nm diode.

They LED somewhere around 1.3A. A very expensive LED.

There isn't many of the diodes to go around just yet, so that's why it's just the vets at the moment :can:

Last edited: