Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1w 520/2.6w 532/2.8w 520(dual) beam shots

BobMc

Well figured this would be the last time I'd be able to play with the all three of these at the same time for a bit. So since the sky's were clear, it's beam shot time again. :)

Always wanted to compare the 2.6 532 with my 2.8 520 dual, (through the 1w 520 in just because). :whistle:

The 520 1w is on the right. The middle one is the 532 2.6w and the 520 2.8w is on the left.(all except the first pic, it's backwards) You can see how much tighter the 532 is verses the 520dual. Keeps the divergence so much better. Hope you enjoy the pics.

nRkJHbS.jpg

QlYOOoy.jpg

qnGdfZN.jpg

3OqPPvv.jpg

d3Mjuux.jpg

sgvwz8K.jpg

fTryCRw.jpg

aEQLsOJ.jpg

yFQGbNQ.jpg

iXDW3G7.jpg

adeLPvr.jpg

xmWvyo0.jpg

Sx8Ija0.jpg

RiWPBSY.jpg

ajdg9zz.jpg

hHD4TDr.jpg

QXal5kK.jpg

Hope it's not to many pictures, but I was on a roll. :D

Last edited:

Those must be insanely bright, I'm very impressed that you can see any of the beam in even a little bit of sun light, even if it's sunset. I have a few lasers which their beams can be seen relatively clearly in a very lit room but they're no match for sunlight. Also noticed the DPSS is clearly the winner, definitely puts the dual diode build into perspective too in terms of divergence. Very cool pics Bob. :D

PS - Warning you now about the pics, you'll no doubt get comments on over-size! :eek:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bob, that's a whole lotta green buddy, very impressive seeing those beams in daylight! :beer:
As EP mentioned, that DPSS 532 wins the beam quality award hands down!
:kewlpics:

Rivem

Thanks EP, I don't know how to shrink them, it's just how imgur puts them in.:thinking:

You can actually specify the size in the URL of the image. For example(click links to see URL):

Original image - https://i.imgur.com/nRkJHbS.jpg
Add an L right before .jpg for large imgur link - https://i.imgur.com/nRkJHbSl.jpg
Add an M for medium - https://i.imgur.com/nRkJHbSm.jpg

There are a few other options detailed on your account image page, as we'll, but I generally resize mine to medium unless more detail is required.

Also, awesome comparison Bob!

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Hi BM,
Now thats some beam shots three greens all together and the pics are so clear and tight. Those greens show up great in the daylight nice shots. And the night shots are astounding your getting really good at the new camera. It has me thinking of a new one also like the package you purchased. Thank you for all the great photos buddy. Oh maybe some shots when your on the road at different locations.

Rich:)

Maybe the fat beam is out of focus. Or it is both bright, and wide from the source.

How do you get the beams to stop after 50ft? Mine go to the edge of space :)

I saw that too, it's weird! What I always wonder when seeing lasers at different divergences is they seem to fade out at the same distance, illusion, of course.

BobMc

Bob, that's a whole lotta green buddy, very impressive seeing those beams in daylight! :beer:
As EP mentioned, that DPSS 532 wins the beam quality award hands down!
:kewlpics:

Yea, so true they do show up pretty good in the daylight, those that were home, loved the show. :)

And the winner is: the DPSS! :)

You can actually specify the size in the URL of the image. For example(click links to see URL):

Original image - https://i.imgur.com/nRkJHbS.jpg
Add an L right before .jpg for large imgur link - https://i.imgur.com/nRkJHbSl.jpg
Add an M for medium - https://i.imgur.com/nRkJHbSm.jpg

There are a few other options detailed on your account image page, as we'll, but I generally resize mine to medium unless more detail is required.

Also, awesome comparison Bob!

Thanks Rivem; I appreciate the help, I'll have to keep that in mind. As far as I can tell their the same size as my "Museum" thread pictures, so I'm thinking they may be ok??

BobMc & Laser Hulk Beam :D

:lasergun:​

Heee Heee :crackup:

Cool, what makes the 2.8 520 dual so fat?

I'm thinking that they are not aligned correctly. I've got a couple of ideas that might work/help keeping the more in line.

As Nutball mentioned they may be unfocused a bit also.

Hi BM,
Now thats some beam shots three greens all together and the pics are so clear and tight. Those greens show up great in the daylight nice shots. And the night shots are astounding your getting really good at the new camera. It has me thinking of a new one also like the package you purchased. Thank you for all the great photos buddy. Oh maybe some shots when your on the road at different locations.

Rich:)

Thanks for the encouragement Rich, I've got a long way to go, but I'm having all sorts of fun! :D

Now that I got an idea of what I'm doing will diffidently be trying to grab some from the road.:yh:

Maybe the fat beam is out of focus. Or it is both bright, and wide from the source.

How do you get the beams to stop after 50ft? Mine go to the edge of space :)

I'm thinking you might be right Nutball, they might be a bit out of focus. Planning on taking them apart and seeing if I can make a few minor twicks to get them closer in alignment and refocus them and figure out a way to keep them focused to infinity. They do seem to go out of alignment quite easily.

They do stop after about 50ft. But it's the long feet, not the short feet. :crackup:

I saw that too, it's weird! What I always wonder when seeing lasers at different divergences is they seem to fade out at the same distance, illusion, of course.

I have noticed that you can tell a difference between, let say a 1w and a 5w, you can see the beam of the 5w farther out.

Nice daytime visibility.

Thanks Red, quite stunning in the day time also. A little safer, doesn't attract that much attention. :whistle:

Yea that dual has a huge fat beam? What was used to combine them?

BobMc

Yea that dual has a huge fat beam? What was used to combine them?

28081465a44d88852b0bf60d5cf4ba459523a94e15f4e1f3ca56b03c4606dca42795ebc7.jpg

They were built with PBS's.

Edit; I didn't build them, they were built by another member. :)

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Brilliant pics Bob, especially the daytime ones. :) Thanks for sharing with us. :beer:
That DPSS is the clear winner for beamshots. +rep when I next can.

Edit: That's why. Combined labs often have more beam correction whereas you can't so much in those style portables.

Last edited:

BobMc

Brilliant pics Bob, especially the daytime ones. :) Thanks for sharing with us. :beer:
That DPSS is the clear winner for beamshots. +rep when I next can.

Edit: That's why. Combined labs often have more beam correction whereas you can't so much in those style portables.

:thanks: Curtis!

As Alaskan mentioned I'm going to have to invest in a convertor to be able to take this DPSS unit out in the desert. Should be able to get some awsome beam shots with this puppie. :D

I thinking if I added a couple of washers where the springs met the PBS cube it might make them easier to adjust. There wouldn't be that much "binding" between the springs a the PBS cube. It's a place to start. :thinking:

Last edited: