Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x Sled GB Round 2 is now closed and order is in.

Morgan

Yes, it has gone slower. A couple of reasons for that I think. One was the initial rush to get hold of the first nicely priced 12x sleds in a GB meant the numbers got filled very quickly and that meant the first one was unusually rapid. Second, because there were two types of sleds on offer then the numbers required were higher and it took a little more to make the decisions as to who wanted what.

Those were all pre order issues though. There are also a couple of reasons for the delivery taking longer. One is, and I think I put this in the first post update, there is a large sporting event being hosted in China and customs are therefore being more careful how they check departing packages, (not sure why, maybe just a, 'for show', thing), and my supplier did warn this may delay things a little. Secondly, I think the recent attempted terrorism via the postal system will have had a knock on effect by increasing those security checks too. I am aware of others expecting bulk items from China having similar delays.

All this being said, I am hoping to see something this week and the delays have been minimal really should that occur. I know you guys are a patient bunch but we just have to remain so for a bit. Once they arrive then things will turn around quicker from my end and then it's just the delivery from me that may, or may not, show similar delays. Just bad timing by the fundamentalists I'm afraid! ;)

Rest assured that as soon as I hear anything, (like a box has been delivered!), I'll let you know.

M
:)

Last edited:
It'll give me more time to find a damn thermal pad for Aixiz's terrible module holders.

radio hut has 3m thermal pading... not cheap for sure. I will also warn you to get it right the first time cause the stickyness is very good, but not on the second time around

Dang, for future orders, I might just go through O-like. Hopefully we can find that site's source, because their SF-BW512Ls are only $51 ea. The 10x ones might be superior though.

Morgan

Hey guys, update in the first post...

... Package arrived!

@ BB - Yes, I see O-like has been busy sourcing and it looks like I'm out of the game on a GB. No way I can match their price unless my supplier has had a price drop. Believe me when I say, I am looking into it... !

M

Morgan

Ban done guys so I'm here now! I'm kind of glad the other GB thread was closed as it was getting confusing posting in the 1st GB thread so please just post here if you have any questions regards the GB or PM me.

Thanks for the patience,

M

12x how much would it cost the highest i ever had was a 6x witch is a lot for me

and another question

For a while, this GB was the best price, but now you can buy the SF-BW512F from O-like (12x) for about $51 + shipping. Hopefully these 10x diodes are even better somehow.

ped

^^ yeah the prices are dropping now.

I still think mW for Mw the 405's are better burners than 445's (if thats what your into) :)

Morgan

What can I say? Sometimes prices stay good, (and they did for a while), but the best deal for a 12x at the moment is either O-like or Rayfoss. I would like to think we forced the price down with this GB but who knows...

I have been in touch with my supplier since the new price from these other suppliers but I can't offer a better deal due to extra shipping to me; then to you guys. If these things change then I will be in touch!!!

Thanks,

M

Reactions: ped
No regrets though. It's always good to see these things come down in price, at least for buyers.

Morgan

^ Same here! It seems to be a buyers market on these recently... I would expect to see another deal soon from somewhere to be honest...

Anywho... Update on the sleds despatched today. More to go out but the bulk are on their way and the rest will be out in the next few days. Stay tooned for updates...

Thanks,

M

Autist

Hi Morgan,

Package arrived today, in good shape. :gj:

Were you eating curry at the time of packing ???

Thanks for organising this GB, Morgan.

Best wishes

David

Morgan

^ Glad you got it Autist! Let me know what your figures is when you get some!

Err, curry? No? I don't eat anything when I'm packing. Why do you ask?

M

Blord

Maybe he received the meals from the Chinese that you have ordered. :D

How dows this 405nm diode compare to the diode from the GGW sled ? Are these twice as powerfull ?