Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x Sled GB Round 2 is now closed and order is in.

Re: 12x Sled GB Round 2 is open.

Ok, I added 4 lines. One is a straight line of the "other" from 1st to last point. The 3 black verticals show where 400, 450 & 500ma intersect. It gives a little better idea of the curve with the reference lines IMHO.

Edit: I saved the posted photo no resizing or extension change and it shows as a thumbnail and not as big as the original when viewed. Reasons?

Attachments

• levelcompare.PNG
    levelcompare.PNG
    61.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Morgan

Looking at the graph too I don't see 725mW at 450mA? I see 692mW as the highest?

As to kinks and knees, I don't know. The data on this particular graph is perhaps too limited to say. A trend doesn't jump out at me just now. The only thing I was recording was really the raw output at a given mA. We do definitely need more info and I think this will come when you all receive your diodes. Personally I will run one at 500mA just because it's a nice round number and with any luck will push just about the 700mW, (I wait for a delivery of drivers!).

I guess what I'm trying to say is be patient for more data and, once we have it, we can at least present it to those who may be able to read more into it. That will save some of the work and risk on their part but I think it's important to let the same eyes view the graphs and draw conclusions from that.

I welcome any further input here too.

M
:)

Did I ever hose that post up....lol
I really need to sleep more. I'll go back and correct the incorrect references.
The straight line does give a good show on the 12x. The 10x tests would be confusing I think if I lined them both. The verticals give a good look at the ma vs mw intersect points.

Don't mean to sound impatient. Just awaiting the arrival anxiously.
I decided on 500ma myself. It is a nice sounding number!

Morgan

500mA, .5 amps, 'alf an amp... It all rolls off the tongue so easily!

The straight line you've put on to follow the 12x is following one of the, "Other Sleds", you know, (red line)? The 12x is actually the shallowest line, (blue line). [EDIT: This is now corrected in the post I was refering to. Thanks Vaporizer. :beer: ]

I didn't mean to imply you were being impatient either. It's hard not to draw conclusions from what we have. I just want more to make my conclusions safer if you see what I mean.

It wont be long now though.

M

Last edited:

I just sent the payment, sorry it's so delayed! I haven't been on LPF much recently, I'm afraid, and I only got my bank account sorted out earlier today. I kept it in USD as you asked.

Thanks again for organising this!

Morgan

N/P Charlie. I got the payment and PM you too!

The first post has been updated to show you are now paid up.

Thanks.

M

cmak

I'm interested.

Last edited:

cmak --

For once, commit to buy a product here. Interested doesn't help the seller a bit.
This is a chance to start your long awaited collection.

HMike

cmak

cmak --

For once, commit to buy a product here. Interested doesn't help the seller a bit.
This is a chance to start your long awaited collection.

HMike

I just bought a 589 from CNI GB #11 and I'll put down the $60-70 for a 12X to save for when I have the money to put it in FP's T-007 host. Consider reading my recent posts in the CNI GB#11 thread for some insight into why my collection has gone unfulfilled for so long now...

-Chris

Morgan

Re: 12x Sled GB Round 2 is open, but now closed! ;)

You're coming to this one a little late cmak. On the first page it says the order has already gone in. If there is another GB, (and I suspect most who want one of these have already ordered but I'll leave that to you guys), then keep an eye out. I will edit the title of the thread to add *Closed* I guess to save confusion.

If anyone drops out then i'll let you know.

Thanks for the interest though, if there are others that want me to run another then please add your comments.

M

cmak

Thanks for the update, I read everything on the first page but was too lazy to read the rest and find out the current status of the GB (I figured any major news would have been edited into the OP by that time). If the OP indeed said something about the order already having gone in, I must have somehow missed it.

-Chris

Cmak -- be sure to give us a review of your new laser. I would love to see some of its color!!!

HMike

cmak

Cmak -- be sure to give us a review of your new laser. I would love to see some of its color!!!

HMike

I think it goes without saying that there will most definitely be a review :p

I'm just trying to forget about it for now though, to shorten the wait :D

-Chris

Morgan

Just updated the first post.

(I hope that's what you were after Mike... ;) )

More as I learn it...

M