Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x Sled GB Round 2 is now closed and order is in.

Morgan

Hi all,

Well, Round 1 went well, so, as promised, and now that all the sleds from Round 1 are sent, (the last three to go are at least packed and will go on Monday 4th Oct! ;) ), I can now start taking interest for Round 2 and putting names to sleds.

Please see the details in the first post of Round 1 here -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/12x-gb-proper-go-55370.html

Also...

Here is an extraction video from DTR -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/guide-harvesting-lite-12x-diode-56517.html#post798142

There is also an additional aspect to this one. I have also been offered the what I believe to be the LG 10x sleds posted here -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/hello-lg-bh10ls30-10x-47723.html

They were sent to me as the BDR-S06J sled and I tested a couple and a graph plotted against one of the 12x Lite-On sleds showed they beat the curve on that one 12x sled!

Here is the plotted graph provided by Bionic Badger

2mpy5og.jpg

Of course this is not conclusive proof these are better but... We need more testing on both of these sleds to be confident about any future predictions on safe current etc, so... In that vain it may tempt some to go for that sled instead. They pricing on this one is pretty much as Mohrenberg predicted but UK shipping means they will be on offer for $55 plus $3 shipping. Not a huge saving but some. I wanted to try and get a price break but we may not qualify. Let's see how we go. [EDIT: I have been sent an email from the supplier asking for a reserved 50 number as there are other customers wanting. I'd like to say at least 25 number to reserve but this again requires a fast moving GB. If you can dive in then do so... Thanks.]

So, this GB is for the SF-BW512L and the one mentioned above, (I will get confused calling it one or the other but I'll know what you mean when you ask for, "The other", sled! ;) )

No figures just yet as time and interest will determine these. As ever, post your interest here or PM me. Please see the other GB thread for details on how this one wil be run but in short, get in touch!

[EDIT #1] Okay, the numbers are good so this will go ahead. There are some non-LPF members that have ordered too so at present there are 50 of each being reserved for us, (Although I have said the numbers are likely to be 25 of each so there is still room for late comers at this point).

The order will go through next weekend and I will send out PMs requesting outstanding payment during the week so I have funds to place it. Please act swiftly when you receive the request. Those that have paid, thank you! Hopefully everyone is showing the correct status in, "The List", but if anyone thinks they are not then please contact me with a date of payment, etc, and I'll update. Usually, delivery arrives with me around three weeks after placing the order. Then, over the next working week I get them shipped on to you. Updates with appear in, "The List", as to shipping status too.

I'm hoping any figures gained by buyers from these largely untested sleds can be fed back into this thread or PMed to me so we can add it to the graph above. Since the ***** 445nm, we seem to be being spoiled with cheaper 405nm. This is a situation I am not complaining about! :D

Good stuff guys, thanks.

[EDIT #2] The order was placed today! There were a couple I've had to cover from stragglers but mainly from non-LPF members so all is good for us. The usual time delay now until they arrive here but they should be being shipped out in 12 hours, then the 6-13 day wait. I will, of course, keep you all updated! Thanks again.

[EDIT #3, 06.11.10] So, a little update but nothing exciting. I do have a tracking number and have been told that because there is a large sporting event then customs are being a little slow checking and siging everything off from Asia. I'm told this could delay things but is likely not to affect things very much. It was more of a heads up and polite informing than a, "This is going to add a week on...". Apologies if anyone has felt left out... College has been taking up my time.

[EDIT #4, 13.11.10] I opened a package today! Yay, at long last. I haven't gone through it to as yet to split orders up but it is now here so I'll be packaging all of them up this week and getting them out to you. Apologies for the delay but we have just been waiting for the slow cogs to turn. I'll update all in the list as the packages go out. As you're all already aware, there's no tracking on these beasties. I only say this so all are aware how they are sent out due to recent issues of responsibility. I always keep a record of proof of sneding but if you require tracking then it can be arranged but at extra cost. So far, none have gone missing so I don't Royal Mail to be letting me down any time soon on these either. Drop me a line via PM if you have any concerns but I am happy with the way deliveries have been done so far.

Here's looking forward to you seeing your sleds soon! Thanks so much for your patience, this one took a little longer than the last...

[EDIT #5, 19.11.10] The bulk of the GB was despatched today and those sent out have the appropriate legend next to the name. The rest will be out in the following days. It's been the first opportunity for me to get to the PO but that doesn't mean I'm happy with the delay. Please let me know when they arrive and any data you get from them. Either post the details here in the thread or PM me as the data gathered in one place can be collated. More to come of course... Thanks guys!

THE LIST!

SF-BW512L

Hemlock_Mike - x 1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
JETLASERS - x 10 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
Firefly - x 1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
jander6442 - x1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched

The, "Other Sled"

Morgan - x4 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
Autist - x1 - Cheque Received :thanks: - Despatched
JETLASERS - x5 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
icecruncher - x1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
Bionic-Badger - x1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
Vaporizer - x 2 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
charliebruce - x1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
denton808 - x 1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched
hakzaw1 - x1 - Paid :thanks: - Despatched

Numbers spoken for:

SF-BW512L - 13
The ,"Other Sled" - 17

Thanks guys,

M
:)

Last edited:

Re: 12x Sled GB Round 2 is a go!

Recapping on the details, for those too lazy to read.

These sleds are the same as the Rayfoss ones. They are called SF-BW512L and are found in the Lite-On 12x drives.

These are not BDR-205s. Nonetheless they are pretty close in terms of performance, with some even outperforming the 'old-school' BDR-205s.

Price starts at $60 plus shipping to your location.

Price drops at 50 sleds ordered. So eat up fellas!

Last edited:

Morgan

Thanks Gonin. I guess I should have recapped myself. I'm tired at the end of a long weekend looking at many, many laserbeams at a laser meet...

Including a 10Watt Cu-Br vapour... Very nice!

I'll tidy up the post during the week to clarify, it does look a little confusing. The 12x are Lite-On sleds as sold by Rayfoss, not the BDR-205s.

The other sleds are different and the link to those is in the first post also.

M

I will buy one if more people jump on the train.

Not sure if I want to try the 10x or another 12x, but I'm in for one.

Added : 10-11-10

I'll take one of whatever the group buy goes with. I'm easy!!!

Last edited:

Morgan

Those interested are noted and I'll start on a list in the next couple of days. Please let me know which sled you are interested in as soon as possible. I've posted the graph in the first post of the 3 sleds I have tested, (more data may come in from those who graph the ones in the first GB and I'll get them added.).

I've had an email asking for confirmation to reserve 50pcs of the non-Lite-On sled as there are other customers. I'd like to be able to at least say, "Reserve 25 of them", but have a look at the graph and see what you think.

Apologies for seeming in a rush, (... I am :D ), but it appears to be a similar situation to the first GB, stocks are erratic so dibs must be made on those that are available.

I've had no information regards the Lite-On sleds but that doesn't mean that situation won't change soon as well.

Get 'em while they're hot is my advice or we may be keyed up to buy but no sleds...

Thanks Guys,

M

I would LIKE the BDR, if you could do those instead. But at the top it looked like you already had the sled picked, so I am confused what you are asking.

Last edited:

There may or may not be intrest in the BDRs.

The tested sample seems to be much more efficient than the SF-BW512.

If this is indeed the case it may replace the 12x altogether, or at the very least make it a decent proposition for a medium-power BR build.

If I had money and testing gear I'd buy a few of both sleds. Till then, only time (and generous members who are willing to take one for the team) will tell.

Hopefully the BDR-S06G is decent, and the results are consistant.

The BDRs look a LOT better

Morgan

I'm cautious to call them BDR-S06J sleds myself as they have been pointed out by Daguin to be exactly the same as the BH10LS30 which is found in the LG 10x drive. They were supplied to me as the BDR-S06J but may not actually be called this so understand the difference so it's clear in your minds there is no confusion.

I can offer both of these sleds but trying to get large numbers for both sleds is effectively running 2 group buys so what I would suggest is this:

We go for 25 number of the SF-BW512L 12x Lite-On sleds, as before.

If you would like the other sled, (quoted as a BDR-S06J but likely the BH10LS30), then I can order small numbers to accompany the others but the price will depend on the final numbers requested. I will find out what small number costs will be and post them too. I suspect that small numbers will not show much benefit over the 12x but the option is there and I personally will take a couple more of these to test and get some further data.

Sorry if I've caused confusion by offering two sleds in one GB but I hope I've simplified things a little.

To reiterate, I will assume any request to be added to the list will be for the SF-BW512L sled unless I am asked specifically for the other one.

Thanks,

M

Morgan

Front page updated with PMed interest...

Half way there on the Lite-On sleds before I can place and order; quarter way there for another price break...

Thanks so far!

M

Re: 12x Sled GB Round 2 is open.

Morgan --
I've read everywhere but apparantly not in the right spot.
What is the cost and shipping for my 12X?

HMike

Morgan

I replied in the other thread but it's a flat rate of $3 for a single sled. That's a total of $63 to your door. ;)

Hope that helps...

M

Morgan -- Thanks -- HMike

$$ Sent Now.............

HMike

I can never give a +1 when I want to !!! Spread them boy..

Last edited:

Morgan

^ Got it Mike, thanks. Front page updated and confirmation on the way... ;)

M

Morgan

:bumpit:Just a bumb to keep interest alive!

There's still a few more to go before I can place an order so post below with your interest and we can get a bit closer. If we can't hit the 25 number for at least the SF-BW512L Sleds then the GB may be dead in the water.

I'd still like to see more of the, "Other Sled", out there being tested too though.

Come folks! These are 12x BRs here! :D

M