Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12mm Copper 3.8mm 5.6mm and 9mm Aixiz replacement modules

I've finally started making copper aixiz replacement modules :san:

IMG_20110827_222727.jpg

These modules are dimensionally similar to the regular brass aixiz modules, except these are made to a much tighter tolerance! The lens threading is much tighter, the outer diameter is much more uniform, the diode pocket is held within +0.000/-0.0005" and every other dimension is held to within 5 thousandths of an inch! (A human hair is around 3 thousandths, for reference ;))

These modules are also threaded on the back half, allowing you to use your regular aixiz diode press tools. You can also use the back half of any other aixiz module as well, though none are included.

Also, be on the lookout for my aluminum driver heatsinks. These will thread onto the back of any aixiz module (though they will fit MUCH better on my copper modules ;) ) There will be room to thermally adhere a microboost/flex or similarly sized driver. These aluminum heatsinks will also cup the back side of the diode (with a little thermal paste) greatly increasing the surface area of the diode attached to a heatsink. In other words, this will be the absolute best heatsinking option for a 12mm module! (The driver heatsink also acts as a diode press, but that's just an extra bonus :san: )

untitled10.jpg

I only have a very limited supply of these mounts at the moment, and I am discounting the sale price a good bit for the first 20 sold. After these 20 are gone the price will go up so act quick!

The pricing will be...

$10.99 for a 5.6mm copper module, $8.99 for the first 20 sold!

$xx.xx for the 3.8mm copper version (I am still testing these, if you have any 3.8mm red diodes and want to trade for some copper modules PM me!)

$10.99 for the 9mm version, $8.99 for the first 5! (Only 5 of these available, there may not be any more depending on demand!)

Shipping is a flat $4.99, using tracked USPS first class mail. Insurance is available for an extra $1.80. International shipping is extra, please PM me for a quote.

I am also looking for resellers! If you are interested in purchasing in bulk please PM me!

:thanks: for looking!

Wow i love that. i got some great ideas.
I think i would like to be the first to order one of these.
hm i think i may need 2 for my loc build i want to do.

Last edited:
C mount? :eg:

Coming soon ;)

To order some modules PM me!

Also, anyone well versed in making Google checkout shopping carts/websites who is interested in trading website work for some modules or other laser goodies PM me!

Why google checkout? not paypal?

And I will be buying a few depending on the price of the c mount ones :)

I had a lot of issues with Paypal when I was selling 445 diodes when they first "came out." Long story short I don't trust their "our word is law and we can do anything with your money" attitude.

The C-mount version will be the same price as it is in RHD's pseudo group buy, $25 for two. They will be copper as well ;)

Last edited:

LaZeRz

I've been waiting for these modules for quite a while :D

Although im not too sure if im going to make a google checkout account... Since everything is linked to the paypal account...

Also, im not sure if you recieved my PM but do you have any copper aurora c6 heatsinks left??

I've been waiting for these modules for quite a while :D

Although im not too sure if im going to make a google checkout account... Since everything is linked to the paypal account...

Also, im not sure if you recieved my PM but do you have any copper aurora c6 heatsinks left??

You don't need to make a Google checkout account, you only need a credit/debit card.

Also, I don't have any copper C6 heatsinks left. I probably won't for some time either :cryyy:

LaZeRz

Ah, ok, that's fair enough...

Although I'l have to wait until my thumb is better before doing anything :(

I sliced the entire end of my middle finger off trying (very stupidly) to strip some solid cat5 cable with a utility knife. I still don't have a fingerprint on the majority of that middle finger plus I have a (permanent? seems to be at least!) divot to remind me to get the proper tool for the job!

I hope your digit makes a speedy and entire recovery!

No laser pro here, can someone explain to me in layman's terms what this piece is used for?

rhd

I had a lot of issues with Paypal when I was selling 445 diodes when they first "came out." Long story short I don't trust their "our word is law and we can do anything with your money" attitude.

The C-mount version will be the same price as it is in RHD's pseudo group buy, $25 for two. They will be copper as well ;)

What's a rough ETA on those?

I hope to have a few done this weekend, then I'll be looking for a few people to send them to for testing. I don't want to make a huge batch to find that I drilled the hole too far off center or something like that.

So, if anyone wants a test piece (no charge) let me know. I only ask that you have a c-mount, preferably a visible WL with a FAC lens. I should have around 5, unless I royally screw something up :D

I also have a few 3.8mm mounts I would like to send to someone for testing too. I don't have any 3.8mm diodes myself so I had nothing but datasheets to go by. If I calculated everything out correctly the emitter should sit in the same spot as the 5.6mm module and everything should function exactly the same from there. But as I've found out many many times before things don't always work out in the real world as they do in the solidworks world. Once again, just PM me and I'll get a pair sent to you to test. I only ask that you have one of the red 3.8mm diodes on hand already as well as everything else you would need to get it lasing!