Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10 ML101U29-25 for $25!

Ghost8

dose any one know the polarity for the Mitsubishi ML101U29-25 diode ?
also whats the max constant current been achieved with this diode ?

Ghost8

thank you :) .. ive got the data sheets the same one you have link.. noobish i know but not sure of the + & - on the diode, cant work it out from the sheet,i can see the one not in use.. frst time playing with open can diodes.

:)

AngelG

It'd be nice to have a graph "Current vs Optical output" here. The available datasheet is preliminary. It might have changed.
It'd be interesting to compare these to the LPC 826 diodes.

diachi

It'd be nice to have a graph "Current vs Optical output" here. The available datasheet is preliminary. It might have changed.
It'd be interesting to compare these to the LPC 826 diodes.

They are almost identical, LPC-826 power graphs should be fairly close.

LPC-826plot.jpg

Last edited:
The graph?

Well obviously the graph itself can't be pulsed. :eek:

I meant the power output data from the graph. I didn't include the image in the quote because it would take up unnecessary space. The spec sheet for the ML101U29 says 400mw pulsed, so I assumed that ~350mW from a diode that is nearly identical would also be from pulsed operation.

Also, sorry if I seem somewhat incoherent. I haven't had much sleep in the past few days. :tired:

Last edited:

diachi

Well obviously the graph itself can't be pulsed. :eek:

I meant the power output data from the graph. I didn't include the image in the quote because it would take up unnecessary space. The spec sheet for the ML101U29 says 400mw pulsed, so I assumed that ~350mW from a diode that is nearly identical would also be from pulsed operation.

Also, sorry if I seem somewhat incoherent. I haven't had much sleep in the past few days. :tired:

I know the graph can't be pulsed. :crackup:

I was referring to the output shown on the graph too. But no, that's CW output on the graph.

The 400mW pulsed power measurement spec'd in the datasheet is also peak power, not average.

Keep in mind we run out diodes above spec'd current. People here usually run the ML101U29/LPC-826 at 300-400mA but the current specified on the datasheet is ~200mA.

AngelG

I see some clarification is necessary: "LPC826" is being sold as "CW 300mW" diode on ebay and I have not seen any official datasheet for it, but we have the graph above (thanks for it).
On the other hand, ML101U29-25 has this preliminary pdf, where it's CW power is said to be 150 mW. The Chinese sellers market it as "CW 250mW" or "400 mW diode" on ebay. Probably they imply that this "-25" suffix means 250 mW. But then they should have also ML101U29-15. We don't have a graph like the above for it. I am not so confident that they are almost identical, but I believe that both can do 250 mW CW without worry. And the price is good for this power :)
Ups edited!: I've just found a thread with graphs of both diodes and various lens: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/updated-g9-vs-g2-vs-3-element-vs-acrylic-study-85334.html

Last edited:

diachi

I see some clarification is necessary: "LPC826" is being sold as "CW 300mW" diode on ebay and I have not seen any official datasheet for it, but we have the graph above (thanks for it).
On the other hand, ML101U29-25 has this preliminary pdf, where it's CW power is said to be 150 mW. The Chinese sellers market it as "CW 250mW" or "400 mW diode" on ebay. Probably they imply that this "-25" suffix means 250 mW. But then they should have also ML101U29-15. We don't have a graph like the above for it. I am not so confident that they are almost identical...

The LPC-826 isn't a 300mW diode though, we just tend to drive them up to that. Same for the ML101U29.

If you compare the above graph with the data we have from the ML101U29 datasheet you'll see the threshold current is the same and the output at spec'd current is the same, or at least close enough that it could be normal difference between batches/LDs.

Pman

The LPC-826 will run just over 400mW before dyeing;) These should be a bit under that and at a great price. Fun to mess with and if they have the divergence of an 826 they will burn really well.

AngelG

The LPC-826 will run just over 400mW before dyeing;) These should be a bit under that and at a great price. Fun to mess with and if they have the divergence of an 826 they will burn really well.
If you drive them just a bit lower, you will get short lifetime. I think 250 mW should be the max for a long time burning experience. Anyway I'm building a non burning medical laser up to 80 mW with it. My only concern is heat - it should not cause discomfort.