Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$10.90 Aurora C6 Host!

Today I've found the Aurora C6 Host for $10.90 in DealExtreme! It seems absolutely the same except: "Aurora" isn't engraved on the grip:na:, and you buy it without any LED nor Driver (it has got a driver pill).
I think it's a great deal to buy it for $5.51 less, because you can spend that in a heatsink (CajunLasers.com has it for $4.99) or other things.

What do you guys think of it? Have you already seen it?

2w6i9s7.jpg

Here it is: C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) SKU: 15969

And the original one: Aurora C6 Cree P4 LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A) SKU: 12492

Gonzalo

Last edited:

DX is junk and has had many really crappy problems as of lately over on BLF. They threw out a huge discount on a light and then they had over 200 sold in one day. never canceled peoples orders but never shipped any of them out. when they do ship stuff out its on their schedule and that could be a few weeks from order date. not worth it for what little money you save

I ordered that host some weeks ago for 10.90 and it arrived a few days ago. It seems to be fine and indeed comes without driver and led but with the driver pill. It does however still have CREE and Aurora written on the sides in my case.

i think i paid $8 shipped for mine and got them in about 3 days, but i bought 100 at a time. not from DX though.

Aaah, I see . The only problem i had was that the things arrived THREE WEEKS LATER!!!!!! To my home (spain).
But is the quality OK or is it bad? Isn't that host the same that jayrob sells polished?

If you want things quickly than you shouldn't order from DX. It seems to take them 1-2 weeks before they even send your order and then you have to wait another 2 weeks before you get it in your mailbox. I think these C6 host are all the same but if you order a kit from a member it should arrive much faster and comes with a heatsink etc.

I really don't mind waiting. I have ordered lot's of things from dx and I'm still happy with it. With no doubt I will still buying from it. Yes, customer service (shipping) is rubbish, but what do you want if it's free. I just would like to go to the best price.

Absolutely! :yh:

Does anyone know if this host supports a 535nm 500mw diode@900mw? Will the duty cycle be short?

Wow! Sorry, I made a typo. I meant 635nm 500mw (mitsubishi diode) :oops:

Anyway it would be cool to see that wavelength...

"Cajunlasers will be closing up shop after 2+ years of being in business. Everything I have left will be on sale, at a huge discount. It was a pleasure running this store for you all, and I thank everyone of my customers for all the support you've given me. "

It's a shame but... what can we do. You can read it at it's home page

Anyway, you still have them at Survival Laser From $6.99 going through $7.99, by $14.99, and $22.49 and finally for $24.99.
Unanodized Aluminum, Black anodized Aluminum, Red anodized Aluminum, Blue anodized Aluminum, Violet anodized Aluminum, Copper, Extended Copper and Extended and Tappered Copper.

yh thats why xD
they didnt have the C6 host on their site anymore, only the "mamba" thing