Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.6W 445 Mohrenberg 18650 Host+Heatsink Kit Review + Tutorial

DTR

jakeGT

a minute would be fine, unless you have a really small heatsink, or a REALLY high current, then i doubt a minute duty cycle would harm any laser really

DTR

If I do just wrap it instead of doing that mod, how long should the duty cycle be. I probably wouldn't run it for more than 1 min or so at a time.

It may run from 20 to 40 seconds. For a flexdrive set to 1.5A the driver will overheat very quickly unless you sink it.;)

jakeGT

oops, i was talking diodes... i didn't know we had moved to drivers.
:oops:

I just put mine together and the dot is huge. It's more like a flashlight. How do I fix this?

DTR

I just put mine together and the dot is huge. It's more like a flashlight. How do I fix this?

You just need to turn your lens to focus it.:beer:

Unless you don't have a lens in it yet.:yh:

You just need to turn your lens to focus it.:beer:

Unless you don't have a lens in it yet.:yh:

It focuses some but it still is closer to a flashlight. It's like the lens is too close to the diode. I'm using an axiz 405 lens I bought here:
405nm glass lens for AixiZ 12X30mm laser module - eBay (item 380137309450 end time Jan-28-11 12:34:45 PST)
I have a feeling I bought one that was too long.
When I have it the furthest it can be from the diode it is the best, and if I unscrew it more, then it just falls out of module.

Last edited:

jakeGT

is your module set flush with your heatsink? because that is the common glass lens for 405/445 that we use around here and should be the perfect length for your build.
If you have the aixiz module that has your diode in it set to far back or too far forward that would most likely be the problem I do believe. sounds like it at least to me

Once again, is your module flush with your heatsink? that should be perfect for all the focusing you need

is your module set flush with your heatsink? because that is the common glass lens for 405/445 that we use around here and should be the perfect length for your build.
If you have the aixiz module that has your diode in it set to far back or too far forward that would most likely be the problem I do believe. sounds like it at least to me

Once again, is your module flush with your heatsink? that should be perfect for all the focusing you need

Yes it is perfectly flush with the heatsink.

jakeGT

are you positive you have the lens inserted the correct way? like not ass backwards?

if that is not the problem, then try setting your module back farther in the heatsink, in DTR's pics it looks as if his is focused to infinity but the aixiz focus knob is almost right up against the heatsink. I could be wrong though, but try it out, try setting ur module a little farther back in the HS, if not good, try a little farther, if still not getting better... im out of ideas!

Last edited:
are you positive you have the lens inserted the correct way? like not ass backwards?

EDIT: nevermind. Just because the other end couldn't be screwed into the Aixiz focus ring, didn't mean that it was backwards. It works that way..... Wow, I feel stupid...

Last edited:

Aaron

I just got mine in the mail today :D :D :D :D
One question: How do you get the heatsink out of the head? mine seems to be stuck...