Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers

Re: 1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers W/COPPER HEATSINKS CHEAP $180

All Orders shipped.

Received today, but will have to do review later. The package was ripped open at the bottom and one of the batteries is missing. I sent a PM to see if I could get a hold of another battery. Was the electric tape used to tape the batteries to the laser? Just curious; one battery was stuck to it but the tape was bunched up. Looks like the laser fell out of the bubble pack sleeve; hope it's alright.

Thanks,
Matt

Finally got to try out mine today. The replacement came very quickly, but I was out of town on business and I came home early this morning. WOW! This 445nm is a brilliant blue that none of the pics really can capture. It is a great little unit. Matt, when I recieved mine, the package was ripped like yours; I wasn't missing anthing though. The laser was out of the bubble package, too, but it works just fine. Once you get your batteries, you shouldn't have problems. Luke has excellent customer service, though.

Thank you, that's good to hear. I've seen Luke's support: it was a selling point to me. I'm really excited about getting this working.

Matt

The package was ripped open at the bottom and one of the batteries is missing. I sent a PM to see if I could get a hold of another battery.

Don't let a missing battery stop you! Go to Walgreens and get a pair of 123 primaries and fire that bad puppy up! It will work fine with them.

This thing looks so cool! I need to get a blue Class 4 sticker to top it off.

Man! I am surprised that 3 packages from the last batch have shown such wear from transit. That has not been reported in my earlier batches. What the heck is going on with USPS?

ATEspo

This thing looks so cool! I need to get a blue Class 4 sticker to top it off.

Where can a class IV laser sticker be found?

And a quick question for everyone who has one of these things or wants one.
I have an opportunity to pickup a mint used Wicked Lasers S3 Spyder III Arctic for a very decent price, and just wanted to know what your thoughts were on the Artic vs. yobresal's 445nm (besides the price difference).
Thanks!

rvrh3

Re: 1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers **ON SALE NOW** CHEAP $165

I dont have an Arctic..but I really want one. Mostly because of the host! Other than that, Im very happy with my Yob 445nm given its high craftsmanship, small size, and most of all, its focusable! (The Arctic has a separate burning lens but its not adjustable)

Yob's is going to be 25-50% more powerful!

And a quick question for everyone who has one of these things or wants one.
I have an opportunity to pickup a mint used Wicked Lasers S3 Spyder III Arctic for a very decent price, and just wanted to know what your thoughts were on the Artic vs. yobresal's 445nm (besides the price difference).
Thanks!

I'd say the only thing the arctic has over Yob's is the awesome host. A lot of people with Arctics claim they are getting under 1W (some around 700mW). With Yob's you are guaranteed over 1W (someone metered theirs at 1.4W). Also Yob's is focusable which the arctic isnt.

Agreed. Mine is Small pocketable size, focusable, more power, and nearly half the price (on sale)
As for the arctic. Sexy as all hell, battery power indicator light, can be used as a batton for self defense, many safety features, single 18650 instead of 2 CR123A, a piece of media history, comes with safety glasses.
They both have good qualities. You just need to decide which qualities you desire in your laser.

PM andy_con.
He's been making nice foil warning stickers for a long time.
I would think he has 445nm stickers.

EDIT: Sorry, Andy's not selling warning labels anymore.
........Try here instead.

Last edited: