Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

1-1.2 watt 445nm lasers

marihuano

just a note of observation --- over the weekend, I took Yob's 445 to a party and some idiot grabbed it off the table that i'd put it on (guy was drunk) and threw it and it landed pretty hard on a hard tile kitchen floor and it still works !

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin '

Why did u leave ur laser lying like that? Leaving like that with drunk people around mmm.

Sparkles

Banned
Why did u leave ur laser lying like that? Leaving like that with drunk people around mmm.

Yeah, thats like putting a loaded gun on the table. Except no one knows its a gun except for the adults (you.)

I like to explain lasers and nerd out on my friends, during that time I emphasize the dangers involved.

We need to get you a laser holster :p

Last edited:

Nordhavn

Still going strong!

My wife is pleased because we don't need to buy fireplace matches any more! :)

I've started countless fires with ease. Brown paper used for fill in boxes from buy.com, for example seem to ignite with ease! Focus on an an edge or corner of a fold and put the waist (smallest point) of the beam there. It will flash bright yellow orange and a flame will appear instantly. Folks were over for the holidays and were duly impressed that I was lighting the fire with a flashlight. :san:

(they know me so there was no question they knew it was a laser but if I travel and it gets brought up in a checkpoint it's a flashlight)

Zephyr

....just to let everyone know, 9 months later Yob's laser is still burning away as powerfully as ever.

shintashi

is Yobresal still selling lasers? I'd like to make a purchase, though I'm curious if these things can have a key lock, as I'm a bit cautious in terms of safety.

shintashi

hmnn. I think I'd like to buy one today, though I could totally pay more for a key switch if they don't mess things up.

rocket689

hmnn. I think I'd like to buy one today, though I could totally pay more for a key switch if they don't mess things up.

Pm yobresal and see if he'll consider installing a key switch. :beer:

In all honesty though, I don't think there's any room for one.

shintashi

drove down to napa and bought one from yobresal and the thing cleared 1 watt without a problem. Also got to learn a lot about diode lasers and see all sorts of nifty stuff I didn't even know existed.
my fiance' fell madly in love with Yob's fluffy dog.

after considerable use, we are recharging the batteries right now.

yobresal

It was nice to meet the both of you. I had a good time. It is always fun to do a little show and tell with my lasers and other gadgets. I found that watch I wanted to show you right after you guys took off. LOL. Enjoy your laser.

rammie70

My work laser goes through a bunch of bumps & thumps & it's still running strong. Yob is da man!

rshady

sorry i dont have the time to go through all these pages of posts, but are their any 5 setting lasers left for sale?