Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

►CLOSED AMK GB◄ ~ SF-AW210 Diodes $10 Each

SHIN

Re: ►AMK GB◄ ~ SF-AW210 Diodes $10 Each

Hi. amkdeath.:yh:

I'll take 5 sleds.(+int'l shipping)
Still batch 3?

Thank you for this good chance.

SHIN

Didn't FP say he was no longer in?

Edit: laptop crashed, trying to follow this on my cell

rev0

Didn't FP say he was no longer in?

Edit: laptop crashed, trying to follow this on my cell

Here's his quote, seems a little confusing to me, try PM'ing him to be sure?
It looks like he wanted the sleds too, which you can do now.

So now things have changed, I also wanted the optics and red diode, and I like to remove the diodes myself from the sled I'm just that way.
So sorry but I will have to cancil my order for 10 each SF sleds.
And yes I did miss read your statment about dealing with these guys. However that dose not imply I was trying to state YOU are or could be a rip off so please don't even go there.
But it dose look like THEY have changed something, no sleds now just the blu-ray diode :whistle:

So now someone can move forward ;)

Got my sleds yesterday and already have one diode in a build. Thanks AMK.

I got my sled in today and am verry worried about even touch it,
It appears to be very badly damaged, There is a part of my sled bent to a 20 deg angle and some of the optics have poped out uploading pics now.
P1020924.jpg

P1020925.jpg

P1020926.jpg

P1020931.jpg

P1020928.jpg

P1020927.jpg

P1020929.jpg

P1020930.jpg

ReNNo

Ahhh, that is pretty bad...

danq

looks like it got run over by a truck... I notice that the box is bent - what was the outer container, a bag/envelope or a box? what was its condition?

it would be helpful if the thing you're photographing was the part in focus... nice shots of the desk and keyboard tho... ;)
:yh:
DanQ

I never was good at cameras...
IT was a bag then wrapped in bubble wrap.
But i think the pictures show enough detail about my problem.

danq

your eyes must be younger than mine ;)

I just remembered... this photo is on the first page -
read the text, and look carefully at the photo:

27204d1275216188-amk-gb-sf-aw210-diodes-10-each-sled2.jpg

A bunch of sleds I got inexpensively a while back were all damaged to some degree - that's how the price was possible and it was a part of the negotiation. So when I saw the pics up top here I was not surprised and knew what to expect. That said, it would be good for the GB organizer to make it clear. But AMK is a fair and decent GB guy, try contacting him directly if you feel unsatisfied... but remember that you only paid 50c for the sled; if the diodes are good, you have a bargain still.

:)
Danq

Last edited:

Received my diode today. No problems at all! Thanks so much!

Well the main thing i was looking for was the optics and only 1 was broken but all the others came out perfectly, the important ones.
Can someone point me to a thread to identify the different lasers in this one i found the red one but there is one kinda like the red but has the normal can then there is the long heatsinked laser that i cant tell what one it is.

Got mine today. Thanks man.

Oh, and the seller said the sleds might be damaged. More than likely he breaks them on purpose so he is allowed to sell the damaged sleds. They did this with some GGWs IIRC. Good news is they are probably high quality, and not quality control rejects.

HIMNL9

Got mine today. Thanks man.

Oh, and the seller said the sleds might be damaged. More than likely he breaks them on purpose so he is allowed to sell the damaged sleds. They did this with some GGWs IIRC. Good news is they are probably high quality, and not quality control rejects.

Yes, this is a common strategy, breaking parts so the producer cannot complain if you sell them as "junk" parts ..... but there are more than one way for do that :p ..... it was enough that the seller "unglue" or cut the flat of the reading chip, and left all the optics intacts .....

But maybe they was "in hurry" for selling them, and just not considered this possibility :p :D

Breakage is breakage. I doubt he was thinking about anything but the diode when he damaged them. That is the number 1 reason we want them for. He probably ran over a pile with a fork lift LOL.

Well the blue laser works, so all in all i am very happy and someone around here has to teac me how to use a camera if its not in a tripod it gets a bit blury and i can never focus the darn things.. maybe i need a whole thread for something like this...