Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Youtube is really pissing me off!

Recently, Warner Music Group (WMG) has been removing all videos from youtube if you use their music... bad thing about this is that they now own just about all the music out there..yep... I've lost many videos to them. However you can dispute a claim and convince them that you've used the song in a way that does not violate copyright laws, along with many other options. However, even if you get it back, it's only a matter of time until they look over your claim and decide that it still deserves to have the audio removed. This has happened to 2 of my videos so far, and it's only a matter of time till the other 3 lose their audio as well.
They dont even give you a chance to give them credit. I gave one of the videos credit but they removed the audio anyway.

:also: the worst part about this, is if your video includes sound, and there is even a small portion of the song, the ENTIRE AUDIO will be removed, and you cant get it back. you're video is basically destroyed if it's is Dependant on sound.

So what is the next best website just like youtube?

Ya know, ironically, hearing music on Youtube has led me to go out and buy the album...

...So they actually generated profits from me through music on Youtube.

-Mark

Nope, not a single one. But YT really is starting to get worse, google is not neutral anymore, the king's end has begun :(

mikeeey said:
Recently, Warner Music Group (WMG) has been removing all videos from youtube if you use their music... bad thing about this is that they now own just about all the music out there..yep... I've lost many videos to them. However you can dispute a claim and convince them that you've used the song in a way that does not violate copyright laws, along with many other options. However, even if you get it back, it's only a matter of time until they look over your claim and decide that it still deserves to have the audio removed. This has happened to 2 of my videos so far, and it's only a matter of time till the other 3 lose their audio as well.
They dont even give you a chance to give them credit. I gave one of the videos credit but they removed the audio anyway.

:also: the worst part about this, is if your video includes sound, and there is even a small portion of the song, the ENTIRE AUDIO will be removed, and you cant get it back. you're video is basically destroyed if it's is Dependant on sound.

So what is the next best website just like youtube?

I recently had my Canon Rock lasershow removed from youtube by WMG - not muted, completely removed until I used one of their crappy audio swap songs. Lucky for me they had the same song (although not by the same band) so I just replaced the audio with that  :p

Right now I'm saving all my youtube videos, I'll probably upload them to metacafe or somewhere. What is the next most popular video site?

JLSE

I save all videos that I make, and this same thing has happened to a few of mine. Backups are your friend :)

It is getting really annoying...

One of my videos had a copyright claim some time ago but the video was alowed to stay up as long as I agree to show 3rd party adverts on the video page which really isn't much different to what it is now in any case.

One of my other videos that I added in 2006 has had the audio removed from it.

I have tried the audio swap feature on YouTube but to be honest 99% of the music on it is total crap.

I have found a way around it mind, I have seen it working on a few other videos I found. If you add music to the video do not include the entire song, or if you have to add the whole song you can have a beep every 30 seconds or even just the music fades down to 0 for 1 second and then back to normal every 30 seconds or something. That way the can't complain that people are ripping music from the video, who wants a song like that?

rkcstr

I had a video that the song started half-way along (it was on the radio while I was recording) and they suspended my video... so I go to look for a replacement song, and guess what?  Same exact song, FULL length and SAME artist available for their add-in!  I disputed it with that information and was denied, so I had to replace it with the same freaking song... the problem was the song was shorter than the entire video (before it had a 2nd song playing afterward), so the last minute or so is quiet  :-/

rocketparrotlet said:
Ya know, ironically, hearing music on Youtube has led me to go out and buy the album...

...So they actually generated profits from me through music on Youtube.

-Mark

Same here, Also if hearing it on YT and liking it then moved over to itunes for purchase.
they could of saved money from the lawyers just by leaving it alone :-/

DTMF

i just make my own music for my video's :D i did have a video suspended that had a sample in the song :'(

lamborgini8 said:
It is getting really annoying...

One of my videos had a copyright claim some time ago but the video was alowed to stay up as long as I agree to show 3rd party adverts on the video page which really isn't much different to what it is now in any case.

One of my other videos that I added in 2006 has had the audio removed from it.

I have tried the audio swap feature on YouTube but to be honest 99% of the music on it is total crap.

I have found a way around it mind, I have seen it working on a few other videos I found. If you add music to the video do not include the entire song, or if you have to add the whole song you can have a beep every 30 seconds or even just the music fades down to 0 for 1 second and then back to normal every 30 seconds or something. That way the can't complain that people are ripping music from the video, who wants a song like that?
Strange.. cuz one of the videos they tried to mute had a song that was less than 30 seconds, it had other music too, but they had pointed out the one that was less than 30 seconds.
Unfortunately i dont have all of my backups, but fortunately, i can still download the muted version and re add the audio, as it didn't actually include any sound. I did manage to get backups of those that also had sound.

I don't add any music to my videos so I never have problems with this. :p

Kenom

I dont' put audio in my video's. Last thing I want it to have it removed for some dumb ass reason like this