Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Your work bench, desk, lab, garage...Post pics where you work on & build your lasers!

Re: Your work bench, desk, lab, garage...Post pics where you work on & build your las

I put that up for the wife (she is the only one who parks in the garage)....but it doesn't seem to help...she still parks so close to the cabinets I cant get into them when her car is in the garage. So I have to put the car out of gear and roll it back 12 inches....luckily its a small light car. Figured the tennis ball would help, maybe she just does it to get back at me for spending so much time in the garage?

How about a neat laser trick? install a small 5mw green module on the ceiling of the garage. Power it with a 3VDC wall wart. connect one of its power leads to a small relay linked to the lightbulb acuator of your garage door. The laser wil fire up when the door opens. Your wife will then only have to align the laser dot to a line or a piece of tape on the dashboard. Then, the laser will power down when the lightbulb shuts down. :D
- Robert

Re: Your work bench, desk, lab, garage...Post pics where you work on & build your las

Here's a few pics. of my workshop.
11-05-09004.jpg

11-05-09009.jpg

11-05-09001.jpg

And my soldering & electronics work desk.
LaserLabPics003.jpg

LaserLabPics008-1.jpg

Last edited:

^Left me speechless. You have quite a setup there.

^.... Can i move in with you? Those are some nice tools and even nicer lighting. is that in your house? Got a wife that actually lets you run machines in the house?

Those are some nice tools and even nicer lighting. is that in your house? Got a wife that actually lets you run machines in the house?

Nah, It's a separate building. I had to run a 200 amp circuit from the meter box to make sure I had enough power. The house only has 150 amp service.LOL

Lol. So that was not a no to moving in...

Lol. So that was not a no to moving in...
Come on down, I need a night watchman. LOL
Watch out for the wife though, she's a mean one.

LOL i might be in area ill be in and around dunnellon, FL for a week.

HIMNL9

@ Greenmechanic: that is a hell of workplace ..... also when i was working for a company as prototyper, i had less than half of this space :wtf:

I want a setup like your one, too ..... (including the building for store and keep all that, ofcourse ..... my current workspace for my experiments is actually almost half of an office desktop :p)