Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Your opinion on USA Free Health Care

obama has turned his back on every group that helped him get to the presidency:

unions
old ppl in florida
and now the environmentalists
he just doesn't care.

michael

unions
old ppl in florida
he just doesn't care.

michael
He is in office now. Of course he doesn't care. He got what he wanted.

^Those last two posts can very easily be applied to EVERY President we've ever had. Tell me something new.

So..........Since we are talking about Obama. It reminds me of how he got rid of "Don't ask, don't tell." Do you guys support this and/or gay marriage.

P.S. This could get intense.

Razako

"Re: Your opinion on USA Free Health Care"
end-nigh.jpg

mfo

unions
old ppl in florida
he just doesn't care.

michael

He is in office now. Of course he doesn't care. He got what he wanted.

^Those last two posts can very easily be applied to EVERY President we've ever had. Tell me something new.

You guys are funny. Everyone's quick to bash Obama. The guy's been working his cock off to better this country before he was even sworn into office. Look at the pile of shit he was left to clean up that Bush left behind (No one cried about Bush though, that asshole should have been impeached). You can't make everyone happy, everyone knows that. You guys want to complain about something? Why don't we complain about something that will actually mean something to this country instead of this petty crap.

So..........Since we are talking about Obama. It reminds me of how he got rid of "Don't ask, don't tell." Do you guys support this and/or gay marriage.

P.S. This could get intense.

It's about time someone got rid of this. One's sexuality doesn't determine how good of a soldier he/she is. There's no reason to ban gay's from the military.

Yes, I do support gay marriage. I don't have a problem with the gay community at all (well, maybe the ones that prance around acting like fags, not gay people in general), and they should be entitled to the same rights everyone else has in this country. Religious freaks need to stop forcing their views onto everyone else in regards to gay marriage. If you don't want gay people to get married, then disallowing it in a catholic church (per say) is fine, since that does go against the bible. However, there's nothing wrong with them walking into city hall and having a judge or someone with the power to marry them.

Plenty of heterosexual couples get married all of the time and their marriages end up in divorce. What do we have to lose by letting a gay couple get married? Nothing. How is a gay couple getting married going to affect you? In no way at all.

This country really needs to get it's priorities straight and start caring about shit that actually matters, not gay marriage.

Razako

The main problem with openly gay people in the military is that I can see it being a huge distraction to the straight soldiers who need to share living areas, showers etc with them. I don't particularly care about gays as long as they aren't "out, loud and proud" about it. We have bigger things to worry about.

mfo, we bash Obama because he needs bashing. just like i bashed Bush before him.

mfo

The main problem with openly gay people in the military is that I can see it being a huge distraction to the straight soldiers who need to share living areas, showers etc with them. I don't particularly care about gays as long as they aren't "out, loud and proud" about it. We have bigger things to worry about.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I mean if it's causing a distraction, then discipline is called for. I mean as long as they don't go prancing around with the tight muscle shirts and ballet shoes I fail to see the problem.

mfo, we bash Obama because he needs bashing. just like i bashed Bush before him.

Tell you what, if you think you can do better, run for 2012. I'll even vote for you since you're so confident in yourself.

^Even though I feel that this country needs to be more progressive in order to keep up with the rest of the world, the above, IMO, is the only rational argument against this legislation. NOT that Obama is somehow the first black Nazi president (or the first black Nazi at all for that matter) or the antichrist, NOT that we're no longer a free country (when were we ever?) which are arguments I've seen put forth by people who would normally be considered upstanding citizens. Even so, in no way do I feel that this piece of legislation is worthy of all this bickering. In every comparable instance throughout US history, things haven't ended up all that bad in the end. I'll get all riled up whenever there's a REAL reason to.

The truth is, though, that none of us have the slightest clue how this legislation will end up when the finalized version of it is finally in full effect 5+ years from now.

Oh, but we DO know. I know, that if I go buy insurance now, I can buy a catastrophic plan that will save me money, and I know that if I go buy insurance 5 years from now, I will not be able to buy that plan, and instead will have to buy a larger, more expensive plan. What's up for discussion about my scenario?

Also, we know another area where one of 2 things will happen in the next 5 years. Either 1) Medicare/Medicaid funding will be cut by over $500billion, OR 2) the deficit/debt will go up by another $500billion as a direct result of this bill. This is also not up for debate, it has been signed into law. Either the debt goes up a lot, or Medicare/Medicaid gets cut by a lot. Pick one. (There is, admittedly, a 3rd option, where-in tax receipts are increased by over $500billion, but I don't see that one happening.)

Look, it's not the end of the world, I know that I'll be fine in the end. I can make my own way, and I'll come out fine in the end, I know it. I don't think Obama is any of those things you listed (especially since there were actually a few black Nazis, but that's beside the point), except a very liberal president who rode a wave anti-Bush sentiment into the presidency. I do think he's a bit liberal in many ways, but is still a lot like Bush in many ways, and I don't agree with many of his ideas. I do agree with many of them though.

As far as this bill, is the total cost of it not an issue to you? Just how massive the cost of this bill is, that doesn't concern you? It's one of the largest bills ever, and affects a full 1/6 of the US economy, but you're not concerned? I don't have any irrational fears like those you mentioned, but I can rationally look at what's in this bill, and I can see how it negatively affects me and, in my opinion, negatively affects the country.

Razako

Do I like everything that Obama has done? Hell no!
Was Obama given a huge steaming pile of crap by the Bush(the chimp) and now people are expecting him to immediately turn around the damage caused by 8 years of chimp leadership? Yes.

mfo

Do I like everything that Obama has done? Hell no!
Was Obama given a huge steaming pile of crap by the Bush(the chimp) and now people are expecting him to immediately turn around the damage caused by 8 years of chimp leadership? Yes.

Exactly how I feel. Remember last year how everyone was judging his first 100 days? I mean how pathetic was that? I really hate the people in this country sometimes. Now I know why we're viewed as spoiled Americans by the rest of the globe.

(No one cried about Bush though, that asshole should have been impeached).
I was younger and didn't really care the last time he got elected, but didn't the general public actually not give him the majority of votes while the house of representatives ended up electing him or something? Sorry if I got that wrong.
It's about time someone got rid of this. One's sexuality doesn't determine how good of a soldier he/she is. There's no reason to ban gay's from the military.

Yes, I do support gay marriage. I don't have a problem with the gay community at all ..... Religious freaks need to stop forcing their views onto everyone else in regards to gay marriage. If you don't want gay people to get married, then disallowing it in a catholic church (per say) is fine, since that does go against the bible.
Plenty of heterosexual couples get married all of the time and their marriages end up in divorce. What do we have to lose by letting a gay couple get married? Nothing. How is a gay couple getting married going to affect you? In no way at all.

This country really needs to get it's priorities straight and start caring about shit that actually matters, not gay marriage.
Yeah, there's absolutely no side effect to being gay. It shouldn't matter if you're gay when you get chosen for a job, even the military. People might say that it's distracting to other men or something, but are women in the military not distracting to straight men? I don't care if you're pagan, christian, straight, gay, or furry as long as you don't force it on me. That's why I hate groups like the westborough baptist church, they walk around and force their hateful views on people, not to mention their own impressionable kids.