Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XPL discussion - the mystery company

Re: XPL discussion - "the miracle company"

I mean there must be a reason they decided to go with that diode over other more common ones that have been available such as S06j and bdr206/209. Those diodes are much cheaper (at least to us) so they must be either a newer diode or maybe they don't have access to those other diodes listed. I can't seem to think they can't get access to other 405 diodes but who knows over there.

If it's a single mode that'd be awesome, but IIRC when I asked he said multi mode. (memory please be wrong!)

Sta

I mean there must be a reason they decided to go with that diode over other more common ones that have been available such as S06j and bdr206/209. Those diodes are much cheaper (at least to us) so they must be either a newer diode or maybe they don't have access to those other diodes listed. I can't seem to think they can't get access to other 405 diodes but who knows over there.

If it's a single mode that'd be awesome, but IIRC when I asked he said multi mode. (memory please be wrong!)

They seem to have 400mW, 500mW, 600mW, 700mW, and 800mW diodes with the same appearance. This might indicate that they are binned N***** diodes or some other company.

They seem to have 400mW, 500mW, 600mW, 700mW, and 800mW diodes with the same appearance. This might indicate that they are binned N***** diodes or some other company.

Yeah idk, I did notice each individual listed diode in 100mw increments and thought it was a little strange. Who knows though, I asked for a manufacturer and he didn't say, well he said he didn't know. Maybe he'll give you the skinny on what diode it is?

Sta

Re: GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

Yeah idk, I did notice each individual listed diode in 100mw increments and thought it was a little strange. Who knows though, I asked for a manufacturer and he didn't say, well he said he didn't know. Maybe he'll give you the skinny on what diode it is?

He told me that they are very nearly single mode, like the 660nm diodes. Apparently a friend of his purchases them... in "Swishland!" :crackup:
Clearly he's talking about Switzerland, but that is quite unusual. The only laser related things I've ever seen coming out of Switzerland are draconian regulations. :p

I'll see if I can get any more information. :beer:

He told me that they are very nearly single mode, like the 660nm diodes. Apparently a friend of his purchases them... in "Swishland!" :crackup:
Clearly he's talking about Switzerland, but that is quite unusual. The only laser related things I've ever seen coming out of Switzerland are draconian regulations. :p

I'll see if I can get any more information. :beer:

Man I need a friend like that!! Lol

I'll stay tuned, im very curious about these..

Encap

Good idea.

See if you can get some additional information from him--ask if he can be more specific--what does he mean by" nearly single mode"?
What does that mean?

Does he mean the laser alternates between single-mode operationand mode hopping?

Does he have a data sheet for the diode that he can email to you or email you a link to one?

Maybe ask if he has any percent stability and noise data for the diode --perhaps a Laser Stability Map of the diode?

:can:

Last edited:

KMitch

Three days until XPL is able to get the new hosts for their > 500 mW greens. We may see some changes to their product list in a week or so.

The company we must not speak of has made another appearance :yh:

-Alex

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XPL...2611278035.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.53.JZthOO
lPkAttM.jpg
[/IMG]
JVpcAnY.jpg

I5kcvet.jpg

6iYkLFi.jpg

QYmtFIW.jpg

9HaTuUy.jpg

ykV0aJu.jpg

RL7DTdL.jpg

wasZoev.jpg

lCfbEtv.jpg

Last edited:

Pman

So he is sure it isn't an SOJ6 5.6mm diode? From my experience the 5.6mm SOJ6 is more robust than the bdr. I've run a 700mW SOJ6 pen for almost a minute and all it really has is the copper front module piece to cool it. I'm not recommending running it that hard with hardly any sinking but I will say I have never had one blow but I've had 3-4 bdr go poof and it always happened either checking how much it could handle before the build began or right after the build was completed on turn on. I think they should not have made the 16x so small but they are also too sensitive to in-rush or the waveform they are getting (my guess somewhat supported by some others). Then again they didn't build them for our enjoyment here.

Yeah, that beam is quite a bit off. looks quite visible though. How much did you pay for it?

Last edited:

Sta

So he is sure it isn't an SOJ6 5.6mm diode? From my experience the 5.6mm SOJ6 is more robust than the bdr. I've run a 700mW SOJ6 pen for almost a minute and all it really has is the copper front module piece to cool it. I'm not recommending running it that hard with hardly any sinking but I will say I have never had one blow but I've had 3-4 bdr go poof and it always happened either checking how much it could handle before the build began or right after the build was completed on turn on. I think they should not have made the 16x so small but they are also too sensitive to in-rush or the waveform they are getting (my guess somewhat supported by some others). Then again they didn't build them for our enjoyment here.

He hasn't heard of the S06J, so I don't think it is one.

Yeah, that beam is quite a bit off. looks quite visible though. How much did you pay for it?
Just under $100 before shipping. Supposedly the high quality category according to the store layout.

Last edited:

Just under $100 before shipping. Supposedly the high quality category according to the store layout.

Have you tried contacting XPL to see if they can make it up to you somehow or just to see what they say? Honestly it's probably worthless since your laser does operate and having an off center beam really isn't effecting the output. The fact that it's labeled as their 'high end' alone would make me a little upset, especially for $100, but really it's more of pet peeve to me to have it perfectly in center.

From the looks of it, it looks like they should have made some sort of sleeve to keep the assembly dead center. I could be seeing it wrong but it looks like its thermal epoxy holding the assembly near the center.

I also noticed that on one of their main pictures for all their lasers listings, where it shows every type of host they offer with all the lasers on, that there is a couple beams that look to be off center as well.

GSS

Also that host has an on off clicky side button which is cool but i'm seeing a momentary switch on the driver board.
It looks like they might be selling lasers a bit cheaper by mixing available parts on hand.
Hey as long as it works:)

Last edited:

kaunak

Update: I recieved it today. The host is ok. The focus was set good. It is not directly adjustable but looks like it could be done. Now the bad part. The beam is not aligned with the host. It is a few degrees off. I am not satisfied with this purchase. I will not be gambling with XPL again. But the silver lining is that i can take this around with me and not worry if i burn it out or ruin it. The host will live again. So of you want just the host get the cheapest diode package and tear it apart. I kind of want this thing to crap out so i can tinker with it.

The 310 host isn't focusable? I'm surprised, because it was listed as being focusable on their site. I hope the 311 is focusable, as that's one of the reasons I bought it.

The 310 host isn't focusable? I'm surprised, because it was listed as being focusable on their site. I hope the 311 is focusable, as that's one of the reasons I bought it.

Actually it is.