Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XPL discussion - the mystery company

Pman

Re: XPL discussion - "the miracle company"

This is why I am not very interested in their bang for the buck 532nm lasers. I have 3 class 4 532nm and none of them have issues. It makes me wonder where the modules are coming from. Has anyone purchased one yet that didn't have issues? Looking like you get what you pay for so far.

Last edited:

This is why I am not very interested in their bang for the buck 532nm lasers. I have 3 class 4 532nm and none of them have issues. It makes me wonder where the modules are coming from. Has anyone purchased one yet that didn't have issues? Looking like you get what you pay for so far.

I also am very curious where XPL is getting their 532 setups. I can't even fathom how it's possible for them to sell their high powered 532s at the price they do. Especially seeing as most other places charge an arm and a leg for anything over 500mw.

Definitely a trade off when buying from XPL, at least as far as their high powered 532s. The output might be real, and really it's all overspec, but in terms of being able to actually practically use the laser, I can't. The duty cycles is no where near as advertised, nor is the TEM00 like advertised, and same with stability. How can one guage the lasers stability when you can't leave the laser on for more than 30-45 seconds.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611278035.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32611278035&productSubject=XPL-310H532G200-200mw-laser-pointer
I just ordered this last night after giving my sanwu 303 away as a house warming present. Hopefully shipping is faster than fasttech. I will give my thoughts on it when/if I receive it.

I think you will be satisfied with that laser. One thing about XPL is that they do sell overspec lasers, at least the ones above 5mw. Most of the time if your buying a "200mw" advertised 532, you'll end up with a laser that outputs alot less 532nm and will have IR leakage. But you should be in good shape with that particular 532, XPL installs IR filters on their 532s.

IIRC Sta has a ~700mw (500mw rated) 638nm in that same host and he liked the quality and feel of it.

KMitch

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611278035.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32611278035&productSubject=XPL-310H532G200-200mw-laser-pointer
I just ordered this last night after giving my sanwu 303 away as a house warming present. Hopefully shipping is faster than fasttech. I will give my thoughts on it when/if I receive it.

I'd also be interested in reading a review, particularly about the duty cycle, beam quality, and power (if you have an LPM). I'm getting impatient for the new hosts, and the current hosts for anything above 200mW don't really appeal to me. So the same model you bought may be next on my list.

I am still waiting for someone to get a combiner from XPL. SOMEONE PLEASE BE A GUINEA PIG. RG:Y prefferebly.

Agreed on the combiners. I've been watching these discussions about XPL for a bit and haven't heard much about the RG:Y combiners. I'd love a yellow laser, but certainly don't have enough money to spend on a proper one. Wondering if the combiner would be good or a mess.

Sta

Agreed on the combiners. I've been watching these discussions about XPL for a bit and haven't heard much about the RG:Y combiners. I'd love a yellow laser, but certainly don't have enough money to spend on a proper one. Wondering if the combiner would be good or a mess.

I think there's a GB going for all-diode RG:Y from XPL, check the GBs section. Though the guy hosting it has been on vacation, I think.

Koff

I got the XPL 301 150mw 532nm and its my new favorite laser. I like it very much, more than my 150mw optotronics. When i turn it on, at start it mode hops. But it stops hopping when it gets little warmer and then it's stable. It has some splash around the dot but it doesn't bother me. Good divergence also. 1 mrad.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611174810.html

Cheap.

Looks like they pulled their rg and rb lasers and the one I posted about is not available now. Less than 24 hours till the order is auto canceled. Getting a little concerned.

Looks like they pulled their rg and rb lasers and the one I posted about is not available now. Less than 24 hours till the order is auto canceled. Getting a little concerned.

Have you tried getting in touch with the owner? I know everytime I've tried to message him through the alixpress messaging and he has been very quick to respond, although there is a big time difference so have to take that into consideration. Couldn't find the listing for mine either but got in contact and he helped with the transaction.

Sta

Have you tried getting in touch with the owner? I know everytime I've tried to message him through the alixpress messaging and he has been very quick to respond, although there is a big time difference so have to take that into consideration. Couldn't find the listing for mine either but got in contact and he helped with the transaction.

It's nothing unusual. On the first of every month their listings expire due to a bug in the Aliexpress software. :)

He is very quick to respond. This is the first time I have ordered anything from aliexpress. I'm probably just skeptical as usual. It's not anything like ordering from DTR and SL.

On a side note, is there a seller state side that offers 532 dpss modules in the 200-500mw range?

I've been trying to order the https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-green-laser-pointer/1722148_32603222343.html model from them since Friday but it doesn't look good. I've been asking him to setup up a way for me to pay with paypal but I got a response telling me that he will check if they have them in stock and that paypal will cost $15 extra. I agreed but he forgot to respond for a few days. After messaging him, he respond that he forgot and that they do have them in stock. I said ok, I will like to order but still haven't gotten a response. If he doesn't respond, then I feel that I would be begging him to sell. I'm not going to remind him again. There may be a language barrier.

Sta

I've been trying to order the https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-green-laser-pointer/1722148_32603222343.html model from them since Friday but it doesn't look good. I've been asking him to setup up a way for me to pay with paypal but I got a response telling me that he will check if they have them in stock and that paypal will cost $15 extra. I agreed but he forgot to respond for a few days. After messaging him, he respond that he forgot and that they do have them in stock. I said ok, I will like to order but still haven't gotten a response. If he doesn't respond, then I feel that I would be begging him to sell. I'm not going to remind him again. There may be a language barrier.

Don't worry. He's always been very responsive with us. You should tell him you're from LPF and ask for the 15% forum discount. The reason why he is not responding is that the Chinese government cut power to his factory until the 20th of September. He has a lot of problems to deal with. Have patience. :)