Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XPL discussion - the mystery company

Sta

Hello folks!
I recently discovered a Chinese company called XPL while endlessly searching for yellow lasers on Aliexpress. They had beam-combining RB and RG lasers which caught my eye immediately - and incredibly low prices on high-power 532s. So I bought a couple lasers from them, and made a review, which you can find right here. I also LPM'd these lasers and found that they were both at least 25% overspec.

Here are the links to the company's Alibaba and Aliexpress pages:
https://xpl.en.alibaba.com/
JiangXi Simple & Honest Technology Co.,Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling pointer meter,pointer computer,pointer presenter and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

They have 1W, 1.5W and 2W handheld 532nm lasers at unusually low prices. They are going to have new hosts soon, with analog modulation, pulsing, star caps, password switch, and focusing.
We're considering a group buy, so if you're interested, please do make a post!

If you have any questions, if you've bought from them - anything, please post below.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rivem

Re: XPL discussion - "the miracle company"

You know I'm interested Sta!

Can't afford the 2W, maybe can afford the 1.5W, can probably do the 1W, and can definitely do the 500mW.
The more power I can get, the better. :D

I'm definitely interested in their newer hosts that are coming out. I was even checking out their 700mw 532 but I feel that their 500mw would do just fine.

Sta

Okay, great. Again if anyone else is at all interested please comment below.

I hope their new host is actually a new design! It would be a shame if it were just another Arctic clone.

The 500mW and 1.5W greens are fantastic deals. Wonder if the 1.5W is real...
Not sure I'll take my chances, but I'd at least consider a group buy!

The 500mW and 1.5W greens are fantastic deals. Wonder if the 1.5W is real...
Not sure I'll take my chances, but I'd at least consider a group buy!

The great thing about Aliexpress is that they have guarantees just like eBay. I haven't had to file a claim yet but have read about problems being solved fairly quickly. I know that if your product isn't received by the provided date that you get a full refund, as well as keep the product. granted it has a maximum of 60days. If your product isn't authentic as it was described then a half-refund will be given along with keeping the product, and they say if your product arrives not as described you can choose to keep it with partial refund or return for full refund.

So idk, I was uneasy with XPL at first with a its too good to be true attitude. But after hearing about STA and talking with the owner my attitude has drastically changed. On top of that, having the buyer protection that AE provides is a major plus. If the LPM numbers don't hold up, prove it with pictures and get a refund. Yeah it's probably a pain in the arse dealing with that but dang are those prices good!

Rivem

The great thing about Aliexpress is that they have guarantees just like eBay. I haven't had to file a claim yet but have read about problems being solved fairly quickly. I know that if your product isn't received by the provided date that you get a full refund, as well as keep the product. granted it has a maximum of 60days. If your product isn't authentic as it was described then a half-refund will be given along with keeping the product, and they say if your product arrives not as described you can choose to keep it with partial refund or return for full refund.

So idk, I was uneasy with XPL at first with a its too good to be true attitude. But after hearing about STA and talking with the owner my attitude has drastically changed. On top of that, having the buyer protection that AE provides is a major plus. If the LPM numbers don't hold up, prove it with pictures and get a refund. Yeah it's probably a pain in the arse dealing with that but dang are those prices good!

Yeah. On top of the guarantees, a group buy shipped to a member that can meter and check the IR filtering (maybe even spectro) will allow us to ensure what we're getting is real.

That 1.5W is just about on par with the JL 300mW in price, so it's an awesome deal if true.

Dcrets

I'd be in for one 532nm. Possibly a red and a violet, too. Any idea when they might have the new hosts ready? Maybe they can come up with a budget yellow. :)

Last edited:

Sta

I'd be in for one 532nm. Possibly a red and a violet, too. Any idea when they might have the new hosts ready?

They told me that they'd likely be selling them before August.
And also, their RG:Y lasers are actually a lot cheaper than their Aliexpress pages show - if you remove all of the accessories the RG100 is only $90!

Last edited:

Rivem

They told me that they'd likely be selling them before August.
And also, their RG:Y lasers are actually a lot cheaper than their Aliexpress pages show - if you remove all of the accessories the RG100 is only $90!

Wow. That's a great deal for a combined color laser like that. My only concern would be how well the beams line up considering how your red was.

Sta

Wow. That's a great deal for a combined color laser like that. My only concern would be how well the beams line up considering how your red was.

Somebody on the forum bought XPL's RG a while ago, and he said the alignment was good but the divergence was different between the red and green. I don't know exactly who it was though.

Also, the red was in a more generic host (which means it's likely lower quality) while the RG/RB hosts are clearly unique. So I wouldn't worry about the alignment.

Pman

That would be something if you guys could push them to somehow offer 589nm. At the same time I really don't think that will happen just because I don't think there are many manufacturers actually building them that they could buy them from to resell.
Like I mentioned in the other thread (like it's not already obvious) the 1.5W is the star deal here as they just don't exist anywhere that I know of. I would not recommend anyone pay such a giant increase for the 2W unless that kind of cash is no big deal to you. I sure would like to know how the insides are built. That would be another great question to ask. You never know, maybe they would sell just the host for a great price too so we can investigate.
What I've always said about 532nm is you buy one for the beam. It's why I must own over a 100 of them. I don't care what comes out, 532nm will always be special to me. For a 532nm at these prices it's not such a big deal that they are not focusable at the moment. It wouldn't even dawn on me to use one of my 532nm to burn stuff with.
Like I mentioned in the other thread, I can't spend the $ right now to get in on this without selling some other stuff but if the rest of their other lasers turn out to meet specs they really are amazing deals. I really want to know about how they are built though especially the heatsink. I'm not trying to irritate anyone with my questions and it's not a devils advocate kind of thing guys. Those serious collectors should want to know these things and I wont apologize for pushing everyone to ask the same questions. Who cares if it can do 1.5W if it's only for a few seconds. These are not especially large thick units. I am certainly reading that at least some of you want to make sure it's really a good investment. There's nothing wrong with being a little cautious;)
I sure hope this works out for everyone. It's kind of a game changer if they really are built well. If word gets out enough it can drive others prices down:)
Don't know if any of you remember a company called Apex who caused a huge change in dvd player pricing when they offered a player that was under $100 when everyone else wanted $400.

On a sort of side note I wonder how good an alignment job they do on their combined units. It is not fun to get those kinds of things aligned. I bout one from O-like that combines red and green to make yellow and even if you can perfectly align them it doesn't work out really the way you want unless the beam divergences are the same which is highly unlikely unless you correct it yourself.

Last edited:

Podo

Ditto.

I would like to see their testing video on the 1.5/2W 532nm laser too as a 532nm fanatics myself.

I hope the output they shown on their website wasn't just a peak for a merely short amount of time.

Last edited:

Podo- I think a test video would be possible. Especially at the price of the 2w, I'd sure hope he'd provide a test video. The owner is very willing to prove his output numbers. I was wondering when some of the heavier 532 collectors would jump in.

Last edited:

Rivem

Ditto.

I would like to see their testing video on the 1.5/2W 532nm laser too as a 532nm fanatics myself.

I hope the output they shown on their website wasn't just a peak for a merely short amount of time.

I think they could provide an LPM video. Seems like they're eager to prove themselves.

If you decide to get one Podo, let us know. Shipping should be quicker for you than any of us.

Sta

I think they could provide an LPM video. Seems like they're eager to prove themselves.

If you decide to get one Podo, let us know. Shipping should be quicker for you than any of us.

I'll ask them for an LPM and test video of the 1.5W/2W immediately.