Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X-Boost V7 Mini & Super Mini (8mmx11.5mm) 1.8A Laser Driver

Howdy All

Sorry there is any driver problems and I will make it good for anyone that thinks they got a bum driver from me, also there should be more drivers coming
in soon to restock the models I am out of at this time and I'll make a post here when they arrive as I know some of you are waiting for them ;)

Pyro...

Howdy All

Sorry there is any driver problems and I will make it good for anyone that thinks they got a bum driver from me, also there should be more drivers coming
in soon to restock the models I am out of at this time and I'll make a post here when they arrive as I know some of you are waiting for them ;)

Pyro...

You're a stand up guy thank you flaminpyro. I replied to your pm.

Pman

Mine were just shipped yesterday so maybe I'll have them this Saturday to test.
You need a boost for that diode IceNine.

Pman

I just tested both of my s-mini and I have the exact same issue with both of them as Bow and Icenine has:( They won't adjust past the upper 500mA range. Huston, we have a problem.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Darn Pete, that's not good, I was hoping it was more isolated. In my case the driver works, but as a fixed output style driver.
Today, I found an older (1 year) x-boost mini driver that I had used with an LED'ed 405nm diode, I re-set it to the output I needed (150mW) with no problems at all. Hopefully this is just a small batch of defective pots.

Last edited:
K thanks to flaminpyro he showed me that I had to bridge a connection between two resistors. Now I tried this with mine and it still didn't do it. So I removed the solder and bridged it 4 more times. On the fifth time I removed one of the resistors along with the solder so I'm done with this driver.
Yes I believe a batch of them are bad if even with a bridged connection they still don't output on the second level. It isn't flaminpyros fault and he's been real good about it and made me an offer for a new driver.

If you guys have found that after even bridging the resistors together and it still hasn't worked then I suggest that all of these particular drivers get tested or sent back out to the original maker. But not all of them are defective as flaminpyro has told me that he just did one and it worked.
Now these drivers are very small so be extremely careful not to remove anything while you solder on it. Be super careful and post your findings here when you're done so we can figure this out.

THIS-
yyps.jpg

Last edited:

Pman

I didn't realize there was a bridge to solder across for these so mine might be absolutely fine. I asked this question but did not receive a response on whether you either had to jumper across or remove something. I'll try this afternoon and see.
Bow, try it again and adjust the pot a lot more on the 4 diode setting as I think part of the issue is there's not a strong stop point on the pot and it has a wide range of adjustment. There's a point that it will just read high I believe until you turn it back some into its adjustment range.

Last edited:
Hi,
Building a Mag Lite NUBM44 today using an SXD set to 5W's we'll see how it runs with the driver sinked inside the battery tube..When you get these drivers from Jordan they should be set without having to bridge the two resistors for the second range..

Rich:)

Last edited:
NDG-700? I have a host for 1 and a single 16350 efest would be nice to make a compact pocket beamer.

NDG-700? I have a host for 1 and a single 16350 efest would be nice to make a compact pocket beamer.

Hi Red,
Yes that would be nice and small with a 520nm 1W..Useing a single 16350 cell with a X Boost the full range for adjustment is 150mA to 1.8A's and the S Mini X Boost would be good also that ranges from 1.65mA to 1.7A's so you have to let us see how it comes together should be sweet build.. Love them greens ..

Rich:)

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've bridged those for the second range a few times, all have worked fine!

Sorry for the low quality photo.
9fd4abd6-b188-469e-9550-d1e6deab745b_zpsy62p6xya.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Pman

Well, I don't know what to say but now that I soldered both for Hi range the problems seemed to go away even though the pot acts up a bit still. It's very odd. There's something about that pot that's weird. You definitely have to have it in a certain area or strange things happen. Like I said from the beginning, I think the issue is with the pot.

Well, I don't know what to say but now that I soldered both for Hi range the problems seemed to go away even though the pot acts up a bit still. It's very odd. There's something about that pot that's weird. You definitely have to have it in a certain area or strange things happen. Like I said from the beginning, I think the issue is with the pot.

You might be right. At any rate I'm sending mine to Flaminpyro so he can do some extended testing and see if there's a design issue.