Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X-Boost V7 Mini & Super Mini (8mmx11.5mm) 1.8A Laser Driver

Did you bridge the Correct side.? Its the side of the resistors thats in the middle. The Right side if your looking at my Pic.

Something is Not right that you are doing.

just take a picutre of your setup so its clear on how you have everything connected.

Last edited:

DTR

That is what I was thinking as I did that with one not thinking once and it was exactly what happened.:)

Last edited:
Last edited:

NKO29

At 1.8A do these need heatsinking? they are amazingly small, and i imagine they would be hard to HS

Sure no prob. definitely looks like i bridged the correct side.

Pot side https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5xm1j15bzfdyn3/potside.jpg

Resistor side https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2m5lyvr5135obo/resside.jpg

I know it looks sloppy, but i only have a blunt tip soldering iron right now that is SUPER hard to use. I am 95% sure they are bridged correctly. Maybe i broke the pot? I don't know, what causes the output to freeze like that?

Well here is a couple things i have in mind then ill give you a solution.

1) I have no idea how you hooked it up to the testload. I see no solder on the LD Pad's and or the Input voltage side. There is a very and i mean VERY good chance if you where using some kind of alligator clips that it got disconnected re connected etc. If you dont catch it right away you will kill the driver. Always make sure you have solid connections. Plus alligator clips like those little hook ones are crap and can barely take any load on them.!

2)You turned the pot so many times that you broke the wiper on the pot. Since ~265mA you say is literally around the beginning of the second range. So with the pot broken its not changing anything.

3) Whatever your input Supply is cannot take the Load. (Please tell me what you are using for your input voltage and what kind of battery or supply is it)???

4) You have your DMM on the wrong setting. Can you take a Picture of how you have it hooked up and the setting.?

Solution.

1) I will send you a replacement preset to 450mA.

2) If it is the pot that you broke then you can very easy make this in to a fixed version for a future project. I dont want it back.;)

Though dont make the mistake twice.:p There is absolutely no way it left here bad so you can count that out.:beer:

I will email you shortly.:)

At 1.8A do these need heatsinking? they are amazingly small, and i imagine they would be hard to HS

Yes. However only certain version of the S-mini are made to do that high.

However i have other sizes that are much better for high currant.

Usually the people that request one to be able to do 1.8A are ones that want to make a pocket rocket with short duty cycle.

If you where using a 18650 host there is really no point choosing this Size at 1.8A.

I have many sizes to choose from.

If you think the S-Mini is Small you will get a kick out of how small the T-Mini (Tiny) is:

:drool:

Not all the version of Boost i make are in this Pic But Most:

Last edited:

benmwv

Dang I didn't know you made so many different kinds!

PS are you getting any of my emails? For like the past 10 times I only get an email from you when it the first of a new conversation. When I reply nothing comes back until you send me an email on a different subject.

I just want to make sure that if they are going to your trash or something you know I haven't been ignoring you!

NKO29

You sir are amazing! +rep :) Where can i buy those, with Mohgasm LLC and Cajunlasers gone i have no idea where to buy good drivers like those.
EDIT: it wont let me rep u atm :( i will later when it lets me :)

Last edited:
Looks like the rectangular boards are sold out everywhere now! :/

Correct me if I'm wrong please. I need a few of those suckers.

Looks like the rectangular boards are sold out everywhere now! :/

Correct me if I'm wrong please. I need a few of those suckers.

I am seeing the same thing. This is a great little driver; runs cool and drives well. I hope they become available again soon.

No worries guys.

I have a order shipping out tomorrow to ZeroLasers.:)

Laser Drivers/Contact Boards : Zero Lasers

-All Rectangle version + round ones will be back in.

-I have also shipped the NEW SXB's to Zerolasers in this order.

-As well as X-Drive V6 buck,Mini's and the Bring back of the round version.:)

The transition going from Cliffs store to then having to sell singles privately to buy me time to get Zerolasers some stock has really delayed me.

The X-Line would never be not available. I can assure you guys that. I know to many of you guys to do that.:beer:

There was just to many inbetween single orders when clif closed that it was hard for me to do those + fill a stock order for Zerolaser and other sellers.

The level of drivers i make you guys would be shocked to know i still do it all by hand. (As in not at a fab.)

Iam considering getting them done at a Fab to eliminate the stock issue. So that is a thought.

Just hold tight. I wont leave you guys ever hanging. Promise.:)

I will post an Update here when they are up on Zerolasers so you guys know.

Yes. Bucks are in the order.

For the V6's I have 1.8A 2.2A and I think 2.3A on the way to him on this same order.

For the Minis I think i have some 1.8A and 2.1A

For the ADJ continuous Ground ones i have those on the order

and the bring back of the round versions.:)

Its a order that contains almost all drivers. Just not every currant yet. THat will be in order 2 and 3.:)

Last edited:
That's awesome news :wave: keep it up mate :beer:

I know you wanted the round buck ones.:) Or asked about those.

I have them now in 16.8mm,20mm and 21mm. FIXED.

I will make adj version too down the road too.:)

Last edited: