Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTS(Auction): The beast Laserglow Hercules 700 24/7 duty (532nm)

plag

I think around 1k. It have not been used for a very long time. about 2 or 2.5 years.
Maybe i need to consider to hold it for a 10 years or so)

BobMc

I think around 1k. It have not been used for a very long time. about 2 or 2.5 years.

Well best wishes with your sale, if you do decide to sell it. Adding a Hercules to my collection is something I've thought about. So I'll kick it around. :)

Last edited:

Encap

Sounds like you don't want to sell it unless you can get double the $500 you paid for it from Minamoto Kobayashi,, used, in Sept 2014
see: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-laserglow-hercules-700-eps-tripod-mount-suitcase-500-dollars-90775.html

Best real offer you had was $650 from member Shakenawake August 2016 in post #25--probably someone would still buy it for that.

Chances of getting $1000 are slim/remote and shipping from Russia may be seen as problem.

Prices for green lasers have come down quite a bit also-- at this time you can buy a new JetLasers 532nm 800mW green for $599 and a 1W 520nm green for $349

Last edited:
^ This was my thought too. These 532nm DPSS lasers have come way down in price and who wants an old one of questionable quality when you can get a new one for less. Your location is problematic as well. The $650.00 bid is a reasonable price IMO. If you want to sell it you have a reasonable bid. If you are tolling for more money..... don't waste our time.

Last edited:

BobMc

If you are serious about selling, and the gentleman that bidded 650.00 isn't interested in it anymore I would be willing to match the offer of 650.00 but out of that 650.00 you pay both shipping and PayPal fees. You would also have to be willing to use a middle man here in the States. If this is something you could live with please let me know. :thanks: :)

gozert

Sounds like you don't want to sell it unless you can get double the $500 you paid for it from Minamoto Kobayashi,, used, in Sept 2014
see: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-laserglow-hercules-700-eps-tripod-mount-suitcase-500-dollars-90775.html

Best real offer you had was $650 from member Shakenawake August 2016 in post #25--probably someone would still buy it for that.

Chances of getting $1000 are slim/remote and shipping from Russia may be seen as problem.

Prices for green lasers have come down quite a bit also-- at this time you can buy a new JetLasers 532nm 800mW green for $599 and a 1W 520nm green for $349

I was the owner after Minamoto Kobayashi sold it to me. And after me this laser had another owner, who then sold it to the current owner. Buying this laser you'd be the 5th owner. Please be aware that it may have some flaws. At the time I still had it it was still very good, like new. But I remember the person I sold it to (I believe it was Podo) said it had a rather wide beam which he didn't like. Don't expect to get to get a very low divergence and thin beam like Optotronics lasers with this. It's a great unit but in my opinion more of a hype than it actually is amazing. Also, OP saying this laser hasn't been used for 2-2.5 years is a straight out lie. I bought the laser in december 2014 and I sold it around summer 2015. This would be around 2 years from now. However, I sold it to the owner previous to the current owner. So unless he turned it on just once, or not at all, this laser has for sure been used within the past two years.

Last edited:

BobMc

I was the owner after Minamoto Kobayashi sold it to me. And after me this laser had another owner, who then sold it to the current owner. Buying this laser you'd be the 5th owner. Please be aware that it may have some flaws. At the time I still had it it was still very good, like new. But I remember the person I sold it to (I believe it was Podo) said it had a rather wide beam which he didn't like. Don't expect to get to get a very low divergence and thin beam like Optotronics lasers with this. It's a great unit but in my opinion more of a hype than it actually is amazing. Also, OP saying this laser hasn't been used for 2-2.5 years is a straight out lie. I bought the laser in december 2014 and I sold it around summer 2015. This would be around 2 years from now. However, I sold it to the owner previous to the current owner. So unless he turned it on just once, or not at all, this laser has for sure been used within the past two years.

Thanks for the information and history of this unit. Was thinking that it would have a really tight beam, sad to hear, not so much. Five owners is a bit, might just have to rethink my offer, thanks for the heads up. :)

Agreed the price is probably too high to get a buyer here, ebay maybe, but here, probably not. I do have one point to make regarding that pointer, I believe it has a 100% duty cycle, at that power, I don't know of any other which can.

The current price for the 700 mw version NEW is $3798 USD.

BobMc

Agreed the price is probably too high to get a buyer here, ebay maybe, but here, probably not. I do have one point to make regarding that pointer, I believe it has a 100% duty cycle, at that power, I don't know of any other which can.

I know there are REAL pricey brand new. Can't see where they'd be worth 3500.00 even if brand new though. ??

Would like to have a Hercules in my collection though, so will see. :thinking:

Last edited:
I'm not buying one for even 1,000 dollars new, but that RPL-III has caught my attention :)

diachi

Yup, 100% duty cycle, they're actively cooled. Only "handheld" I know of with that feature.

I know there are REAL pricey brand new. Can't see where they'd be worth 3500.00 even if brand new though. ??

Would like to have a Hercules in my collection though, so will see. :thinking:

It's basically a labby packed into a handheld. I guess that means they can charge a premium for it!

I was wondering if they had a TEC inside it to keep it stable with that kind of duty cycle, now I understand some of that price.

diachi

I was wondering if they had a TEC inside it to keep it stable with that kind of duty cycle, now I understand some of that price.

Forced air and TEC cooled. ;)

Last edited: