Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wth, contradictory lens data

Hmm.... The reflection is subtle... are you looking at it under sunlight? LEDs only have two colors (yellow and blue) and I don't know how the 405-G-2 reflects

Purple on a 405-445 lens is probably bad...

No, Chuck has personally told me that the 445 glass lenses will appear to have a purple and gold tint. As I stated earlier in the thread, some longer wavelengths can appear to be purple as well.

I have tried in bright sunlight, but still don't see much. I thought I detected a red reflection once, but was unable to duplicate that result. The Lens is already pressed into the holder, and maybe that's why I cannot get a distinct reflection.

Coherent:

L_F-I've never heard of longer wavelengths appearing purple-it goes straight from red to black in my experience. Also, a purple and yellow reflection would indicate total reflection... which is bad. They light allowed through might be purple, but the tint should be gold.

L_F-I've never heard of longer wavelengths appearing purple-it goes straight from red to black in my experience. Also, a purple and yellow reflection would indicate total reflection... which is bad. They light allowed through might be purple, but the tint should be gold.

I know it goes against common sense, but if it reflects purple and gold, your lens is fine. Why would Chuck lie?

My tray of 650_G-1 lenses reflect blue. That's a coating for red- to be non technical.
The 650-G-1 is multi- layer B coating.

The tray of 405-G-2 reflect a pinkish tone. They are A coated.

To say a lens is red coated or 405 coated is really just inaccurate. Besides, some lenses have already been shown to be mixed up, and I don't think there is a spec given for coating for the new 3 element lenses. A guy here says the lens works well with 445nm and then it's the new standard and China jumps on board and calls it 445nm! Hey, it must be coated for 445nm, right?
It's like them taking Dave's power graph and whiting out his name at the top of the graph.
Obviously there is a mix up and Aixiz is fixing it. Great.
And I'm sure CL will be happy with the 405-G-2, even if he can't see the reflection.