Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB> Sand-blasted matte turquoise pen

Hey!

The full request is in the title, I’m looking for a custom built sand-blasted matte turquoise pen, or similarly slender host. I really want my upcoming 505nm build to pop.

I’ve got a ton of diodes lying around that I haven’t had the opportunity to put into a build, figure it’s about time to get on that! 😅

Thanks!

In the ballpark, but I’m really firm on the matte finish. Not reflective.

Bloompile,
How about matte black ??IMG_4819.JPGfullsizeoutput_b0b.jpegfullsizeoutput_aa2.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_9a6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_9a6.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 5

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
How about something like this -Here-, it's almost a matte finish, and it's turqoise! :)

IMO, these Convoy hosts are pretty classy looking as far as a flashlight host goes, this could probably be purchased elsewhere, but the Gearbest site is the first one that popped up.

Edit: I put my 503nm build in a matte finish "champagne" colored host, it turned out pretty sweet,

Last edited:
Hey!

The full request is in the title, I’m looking for a custom built sand-blasted matte turquoise pen, or similarly slender host. I really want my upcoming 505nm build to pop.

I’ve got a ton of diodes lying around that I haven’t had the opportunity to put into a build, figure it’s about time to get on that! 😅

Thanks!
As for getting that eye catching look have you considered color shifting paint? I've not ever seen a host with this effect.

For more ideas keyword search color changing paint.

P.S. Have you considered diy powder coating?
YouTube diy powder coating

Coatings

Last edited:
I accidentally let this thread die. I was going through a lot back then.

Those were some good options, and I could use them on lasers I'm not as pumped about, but these are very important wavelengths to me, so I don't want to settle on anything but kinda close to the vision. Though that champagne host is nice...I'd use something like that for a 638 or a 520 maybe.

I might also be interested in having a host made, and then maybe finding a place to ship to for custom powder coating. This will probably turn into a matching set with a 16X in a rose host.