Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

WTB> Sand-blasted matte turquoise pen

Hey!

The full request is in the title, I’m looking for a custom built sand-blasted matte turquoise pen, or similarly slender host. I really want my upcoming 505nm build to pop.

I’ve got a ton of diodes lying around that I haven’t had the opportunity to put into a build, figure it’s about time to get on that! 😅

Thanks!

In the ballpark, but I’m really firm on the matte finish. Not reflective.

paul1598419

Good luck on your 505nm build. I have done several of these.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
How about something like this -Here-, it's almost a matte finish, and it's turqoise! :)

IMO, these Convoy hosts are pretty classy looking as far as a flashlight host goes, this could probably be purchased elsewhere, but the Gearbest site is the first one that popped up.

Edit: I put my 503nm build in a matte finish "champagne" colored host, it turned out pretty sweet,

Last edited:

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi BTG,
I like these also mountain has all of them here in the states.

Rich:)

steve001

Hey!

The full request is in the title, I’m looking for a custom built sand-blasted matte turquoise pen, or similarly slender host. I really want my upcoming 505nm build to pop.

I’ve got a ton of diodes lying around that I haven’t had the opportunity to put into a build, figure it’s about time to get on that! 😅

Thanks!
As for getting that eye catching look have you considered color shifting paint? I've not ever seen a host with this effect.

For more ideas keyword search color changing paint.

P.S. Have you considered diy powder coating?
YouTube diy powder coating

Coatings

Last edited:

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
@ BTG
Ok that is correct I haven’t seen it before
@steve001
I do powder coating on AL hosts
Rich:)