Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB nubm05t diode

That's awesome. I've only pushed them a little past 5 amps and haven't blown one out yet. They are definitely tough. I'm getting a 20 or 30 watt LPM This week. The one I sent to Flaming Pyro I don't think hes tried it yet. He's always away doing stuff. These diodes are definitely the closes thing to the NUBM44 that are redily available. I really like the beam produced by the Gball also. Do you see what I was saying about how it doesn't cross over its self? It just goes strait out. It wouldn't take much in the way of optics to make it perfect. Plus I'm guessing that gball has a pretty high efficiency being that it's AR coating is matched to this diode.

Last edited:

It diverges like a focused G2 only not as wide of a beam it seems.

I am getting 3/4 of an inch at 9 feet and a nubm44 with a focused G2 at 15 feet makes a 2 inch line. 1.75 of it burns in. Even if I give it 1.75 for the burn at 15 feet then this at 3/4 for 9 feet has less divergence than a 44 with a G2 and the line is not bad, maybe 1 - 1.5mm tops at 9 feet height wise, I will have to get some measurements on steel at distance.

Now the Gball lens is at a longer focal length, that helps it's line length to be shorter.

You had a pic of one with the can off and a G2...no your's was a Chinese G2, so we have to compare apples to apples. But if you can get these at the same price point they are a value, I wan't to see some LPM readings.

I like the power value and think a sliding focus lens of a wider nature could yield useable results, I need some that are AR coated, but the future may be all Gballs so this is something we should get a grip on anyway.

They are strong, I would do a side by side with a 44 but both mine are set up with Cyl correctives. I may still match line width at a cross over distance and see how they perform.... I just don't know if I want t run at 4.5a or more, and what is looks like is not scientific enough for me or most others, the LPM will tell us a lot.

I will buy some more of them, I have fun ideas, like my quad/half block build, but it will need some fins.

Last edited:
Yup it definitely needs to be properly tested. A visual test only shows so much. I don't know if it's just me but they also seem like they could have a longer wavelength 445nm. But again that's just a guess. I'm getting an LPM from Visible Diodes Lasers and hopefully it comes this week. It's either going to be setup for 20 or 30 watts and has touchscreen controls. So I'm pumped about that. They make some really good stuff over there.
Plus I'm building a quad NUBM06 and I need to see what that's putting out. Should be done today or tomorrow. I'll post some pics.

Very cool, I will enjoy seeing your tests. :beer:

This is the Gball nubm06 on steel with safety glasses in front of the cam.

This is 8 feet even.

Did I mention I will buy a some more of these? :)

I will put this Gball son of a gun right into some Cylindrical pairs, I was going to mount it in that long nose 1.25 inch heatsink I just made and play with round lenses, but I think I might do a 2 inch sink with a shelf and throw a pair of 6X in front of it and see what I can get. It might make nearly a square and at 8 feet that would be a mean son of a gun....did I mention I want some more of these. :)

p.s. The height of the line may be the limiting factor after a Cyl pair for the wider diverging horizontal axis, but it's nothing a telescopic reduction wouldn't fix or a beam expander, still with a cyl pair and the stock Gball these could make mean as heck 0-20 foot burners, and the price range makes them very attractive.

We saw Styro use a low power lens in front of a block, there is more than one way to skin this cat and I an a big fan of more power, the future of these may well be a lensed can like this so now is a good time to sort it anyway.

EDIT:
This pic is at 8 feet but it was only at 2 amps, when I went back to 4.5 the height got taller, almost double. I need to do some distance test and see if the propagation is linear, this may need a 2ns Cyl pair turned 90 degrees to rein the slow axis al well, but at 5% loss that's no problem.

The overall output is a lot less line like but bigger, maybe a round beam expander would be a good way, I need to mot be so excited and compile lots of distance test, 5 feet 10, 15, 20 and compare the ratios, but I may well work out with round lenses. I'm going to get a 15 foot and compare the width height ratio, the 8 foot is almost twice as high at 4.5 amps. These could be stacked 3 or 4 in a row and shrunk to a point with a round lens, that's kind of the projector layout, stackable parallel beam blocks.....round lenses could work, let me shut up and go get a 15 foot measure.

SANY0093_zpsbr4loiyo.jpg

Ok I see what's going on here, the Gball has a longer FL and the beam does not diverge as fast as a G2 but the line height is taller, so total spot volume may be close, but the Gball has a lot more square output, making round lenses more feasible.

At 15 feet the line is 1.25 inches long but it is almost 5/16 tall, so shorter but taller...or a more square output...that'd good for bigger round lenses such as expanders.

SANY0100_zpsaqzrjf5v.jpg

Last edited:
This is the basic configuration I'm going with. Four brass heatsink modules soldered onto a copper plate. It's a fairly thin anf flexabl sheet of copper so I can move each module to focus on a spot of my choosing. It will run off 6x 26650 batteries and four drivers one for each NUBM06 DIODE. Probably 30 seconds would be the max run time.

Attachments

• 20160314_212318-800x600.jpg
    20160314_212318-800x600.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 51
Good job on the video. I notice just like I'm sure you did I'd how well it burns with the GBall around a foot out. Also I don't really know what the significance is of the beam not crossing over it self but as far as I can remember I think every laser I've seen has a point where it crosses. That could end up being useful if your trying to shape and correct the beam. I wish there was someone who could do the math and calculate what the lens would need to be for this. And then maybe find a supplier with that lens or have some made. Who knows there's a good chance someone has it figured out already. Before when you were talking about keeping the Gball on I wasn't really that interested but now I'm seeing a lot of potential. I have some new NUGM01T diodes with the Gball still on and also a NUBM07E. They're brand new and I was going to put them in a laser to sell bit I might try them out and see of those diodes are about the same beam profile with the Gball still attached.

I went ahead and mounted it in this host so I can work with round lens since the output is more square, my high power 25mm zoom that I use with raw high divergent output in this case makes a needle thin point plank beam, so a low power 2x or 3x lens may be what is needed.

SANY0110_zpse6yutn3i.jpg

SANY0114_zpsultiekmd.jpg

Nice. I want to get my 4 diode host going it actually has five modules there's another module mounted in the middle of copper plate. That's how it's attached to the copper heasink. I think I'm going to put a Nugm01t in there. Should be really bright.
The company I got the 10x nubm06's from said they are having a hard time getting them because everyone wants them now. Which makes me wonder who these people are. I'm guessing company's that make the heads for engravers or laser projectors. I want to get more soon before they are all bought up. They have the nubm05t for $400.00 for the 8x bank. So I am definitely looking to do some kind of a group buy in about a week at the longest. It doesn't matter to me who gets the delivery as long as they have a way to cut the bar up for people's order.

I would be interested in some more, a couple anyway, maybe 4.

A 4 block would be cool and 3 in a row that over lap would work, I did a triple with 7875's, but heat is a factor.

I can see how awesome a block of 8 would look, this looks a lot like a NUBM44 with a G7.

SANY0116_zps3ysqs2xu.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. I've been wanting to do a high power water cooled build with batteries and water reservoir in a backpack. Ghostbusters style. I think that's what I'm going to do now.

How do you plan to extract them? Also does your supplier have the NUBM06 8X Bank?

I deleted the massage by mistake i will try to cut the NUBM05T diodes out using a tool :)

Last edited:
am trying to find some info about the NUBM05T diodes nothing @!
i may just cancel the order since i can not find anything about it ?
i have a small tool it can cut everything i would just cut out the diodes very fast ;)

Last edited:
I can get the 8x bank of those for $400 so if you paid a lot more cancel it and I will give you the person to talk to. And they are legit so you don't have to worry.