Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB nubm05t diode

I am looking for a single nubm05t diode for testing and evaluation.
Does anybody have one of these blocks that they would be interested in selling a diode from?

They may be closer in output to the NUBM44 with divergence like the NUMB07E but not much info is available, it just gets lumped in with the 44 in my searches but no specific data can I find.

I've got a few coming in that are supposed to be brand new extracted from block with can removed and lenses salvaged. Mr. Trent and I were talking and since his LPM can read much higher than my 5.2W Laserbee I will be sending one to him for testing. As soon as they're in and I get a video of the 1st round of runs up on the YouTube I'll be sending it on over to him. Since my lazybee can only run up to 5.2W'ish I won't be pushing it much past 4-5A. If these things are supposed to be as good, or close to as good, as the NUBM44 I feel comfortable getting it up to 5A since my supplier lead off the introduction of it by saying, ".. a diode capable of 7W." I'll leave it up to Rick to push it to 7W or MORE???

If you want to buy one I'll give it to ya for $110. You can either swoop it up as soon as they're in - I'll have it shipped USPS Priority to you as soon as I open the package.. or you can wait until either myself or Mr. Trent puts up some videos. But if you want to get the jump on it I'll be more than happy to ship it to you - that forces me to have to buy more sooner which means more and more every shipment. I may wind up focusing on these more so than the 2W-3.5W diodes if they turn out to be as bad *** as we think they may be.

PM me to get my contact info if you're interested.

Johnny

If that's the case they'll def give the 44 a run for it's money.

In regards to the 05T's being new - this is my first time ordering them from my supplier and I was told that they were, so we'll see when they get here. If they are, next time I'll order in a few with the G bawlz attached. I'll keep you updated.

Last edited:

DTR

Power of the 05T should be better than the 07E but maybe less than the NUBM44.

07E should be limited to 3.5 amps
44 should be limited to 4.5 amps
05T ????
I don't mind waiting to see how they perform, they may just be 7A75's with a Gball lens.
But hopefully they will be numb44 power with 07E/7A75 divergence.

When I was getting them all I had were NDB7A75's to compare them to and at the time and thought they were the same and a lot of the sellers that sell them pulled call them NDB7A75(obviously incorrectly) but it is possible they may be a little more powerful like a NUMB44. The revision is 05 vs 44 so I assume the NUBM44 is a newer version. As for the divergence it was not like the 07E's. At best it may be like the NDB7A75 or just an uncapped/ball lens NUBM44 like diode.

That's what I was afraid of but I was hoping, just not hoping enough to get a whole block to find out, lol.

The 44 is the strongest I've seen but it also produces the widest bar, there may be a small difference between the 7A75 and the 05T simply because the 05T seems to be the later model, but without the Gball I don't think the 05T will be as wide as the 44, that may be why the 44 went with the can/window, because the whole line won't fit inside the Gball lens at it's longer FL. Also the fact they use 7 rather than 8 is a real clue, and with a 2700 lumen output.

I am curious if the 44 uses lenses like the 7875 in the units just not glued on but in a holder grid? I see they kept the 8 block platform but went with 7, I'm guessing the FL of the Gball wouldn't hold the wider beam of the 44, otherwise I would expect a 1 center surrounded by 6 layout. Is it a lens and KE arrangement in the unit?

nubm44s_zps8hjwyzu9.png

It would be cool to find fiber coupling but its probably a holder with 7 lenses and a KE or is it something different, I'm tempted to get one and open it up just to see LOL.

Last edited:
I only want them with the Gball attached, they must be brand new and not heat extracted.

Now styros block was listed differently, as 466nm 28-32 watts.

I expect the 05T will have divergence like the 07E/7A75 but they may well be 450nm, styros may have been a prototype between the 07E and 05T.

Power of the 05T should be better than the 07E but maybe less than the NUBM44.

07E should be limited to 3.5 amps
44 should be limited to 4.5 amps
05T ????
I don't mind waiting to see how they perform, they may just be 7A75's with a Gball lens.
But hopefully they will be numb44 power with 07E/7A75 divergence.

What pray tell is heat extraction? Is that what DTR has been doing?

I am 99.9% sure DTR has said he does NOT use heat extraction, it's a cut, crack and pry the buggers out I'm sure, some of the Chinese sellers look like they cook the thing until they fall out, not conducive to longevity.

I am curious about the lens arrangement, I am surprised others have not been harvesting them. I'm sure it's a PITA.

Last edited:
I am 99.9% sure DTR has said he does NOT use heat extraction, it's a cut, crack and pry the buggers out I'm sure, some of the Chinese sellers look like they cook the thing until they fall out, not conducive to longevity.

I am curious about the lens arrangement, I am surprised others have not been harvesting them. I'm sure it's a PITA.

Yikes that's a scary thought

I had the impression DTR heat extracts these, but I cannot find where I came up with that idea, it might have been through emails with him about another diode but it was just an impression. I don't think he wants to say exactly how he does it, I'm guessing a little heat and mechanical at the same time, whether that be cracking, pressure and heat, or all three, I don't know.

Last edited:
Yes, god forbid anyone else knows how to get those diodes out.

Have you tried contacting techood on ebay? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had some still, or in the very least could get some for you. Why the interest in this particular diode? You would have to assume the newer diodes are superior to the older ones, else why would they continue to make new ones? Divergence may be a bit better, but that would be like comparing horse crap to cow crap...either way, it's still crap!

I'm ready for the next bigger better diodes, 3 per projector, a 5 watt 520 a 20 watt 638 and a 35 watt 450 to power the new super 5500 lumen economy plus 399.99 lifetime light engine, super efficient, mercury free projector for the masses.
I'll take 2!

Last edited:
If they do come out with a 5 watt 520nm, it will probably have a wide output like the NUBM44, unfortunately.... I'm hoping if the higher power ones are in more demand, maybe the price will drop for the 7475T, hope hope :)

The high divergence LD is not what they want, it's just what's cheapest to build, high quality single mode light sources will save a lot on expensive complex optical trains and image quality will be improved in time with bigger, better single emitter single mode light source lasers.

Laser has a big advantage for image projection, sure flat screens could evolve into a zillion RGB led pixels, but for projection a lot of expensive optics are needed to compensate for less coherent light sources.

Refresh rate, image quality, projection throw.
Lasers have the advantage for projection.
I can see an evolution in mass production of larger, higher quality light sources, they will save much money and yield better imagery.

Just wait until 3D holographic TV becomes the must have, everybody will want the superbowl IN their living room in super high quality laser holo tv.

Last edited: