Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB HQ 532nm Laser (Dragon, CNI, SKYlasers, Opto, Viasho, Jet, etc.)

For those looking for a high quality 532 nm laser around 100-130 mW, I highly recommend Z-bolt's modules. Their 100 mW aspheric module is really nice. Thin beam, low divergence, stable output, nice construction... really everything you could want from a modern DPSS in the 12mm standard.

For those looking for a high quality 532 nm laser around 100-130 mW, I highly recommend Z-bolt's modules. Their 100 mW aspheric module is really nice. Thin beam, low divergence, stable output, nice construction... really everything you could want from a modern DPSS in the 12mm standard.

This is the first time I've heard of these and they look amazing! Can you verify the claimed beam divergence of 0.75 mrad? That's pretty incredible for a 1.5 mm beam diameter. Is the 130mw a custom deal or is that the typical peak of the 100mw module?

I highly recommend Z-bolt's modules. Their 100 mW aspheric module is really nice.

I'll have to grab one of those, I can always use a good quality 532nm 12mm module. All the various 532nm modules I've got from eBay never seem to make more than 70-80mW of green after you filter out all the IR, and that's only when over driven with a Li-ion

Last edited:
Little bump for anyone interested, editing my previous post doesn't bump the thread :/

I got the Z-Bolt module that was recommended by RA_pierce. I went with the more expensive aspheric 100mW module and its very nice. I don't have a good way to measure its claimed divergence directly but the projected dot on the fence in my back yard is the smallest of all my 532nm lasers so I'm happy. The dot is very clean with no wings or junk around the dot, but the best part is the "straightness" of the beam. By that I mean the beam is coaxial to the module, all of the cheap ebay 532's I have right now, the beam comes out at a slight angle which I personally find annoying.

Z-Module.jpg

The module came with a sheet claiming a 126mW max which I backed up with my meter coming to 127mW. Better still it has an IR filter so that's all green goodness, not the horrid mix of green and IR you get out of the ebay modules.

Nova-Fixed.jpg

I used it to fix a broken Nova Lasers Alpha I got off of ebay. I don't know which version of the Alpha it was but now I guess it's an Alpha-125 lol

Last edited:
Huh. The modules I got that are rated up to 200 mW are not off axis either and have a good DPSSL divergence as well. How much did this module cost you?

Ouch! That's nearly half the price Techhood was asking for their 1300 mW 532nm DPSS laser with driver and power supply.

I haven't checked their site in awhile. That's why I said it was nearly half the price they were asking. It's Techhood on eBay though.

Does Techhood have a website, so far I’ve only bought from their eBay but a website would be cool too. There was a 1W 532 listed that I tried to buy from a Chinese seller a couple weeks ago (not techhood) but it turned out to be a 520nm so I cancelled it. 1W of 532nm for $300 is good, but for 520nm that’s way too much

Does Techhood have a website, so far I’ve only bought from their eBay but a website would be cool too. There was a 1W 532 listed that I tried to buy from a Chinese seller a couple weeks ago (not techhood) but it turned out to be a 520nm so I cancelled it. 1W of 532nm for $300 is good, but for 520nm that’s way too much

They do have a website, but I don't have a link to it. I would have to search, or better yet contact them through eBay and ask for it.

landon

Hello LPF,

I am looking for high quality 532nm builds, the kind that is hard to find these days.

Anything CNI (Dragon Lasers, Laserglow, etc), Viasho, Jetlasers, SKYlasers/LaserBTB/Soky, Optotronics, or similar would be amazing. Mostly concerned about high quality construction, good beam mode/profile, and low divergence. Could be a pen, handheld, or labby, but especially interested in pens and handhelds over 100mw. I remember drooling over these when I was younger and hoping someday I could own one. Now that I can, they are all out of production. It's a real shame. I have also inquired directly to CNI and Lasever for current module offerings, but the quality and prices don't seem to be what they used to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

GL
I have a CNI glp 532nm 200+mw I bought off styropo. It has been sanded down 4000 grit because over time the old black coating began chipping. I was going to use a metal primer and custom art done and clear coat it. I'll leave it be for now

Last edited:
i have a lasever 532nm dpss labby id sell. rated for 500mw but puts out closer to 1w. if anyones interested just reach out.