Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB custom built 445nm hand held

madog

I'm looking for a unique host. If I had the skills and tools necessary I would do it myself. My budget will be approximately $300. I've seen some really nice units while surfing this forum. For example, I like Flaminpyro's TANK007, and PontiacG5 has some really good ideas.
I would like to explore more options. I have my own ideas on what I would like it to look like, but I would be willing to listen to the ideas of the potential builder, maybe even give him full artistic liberty.
If you are interested in taking on this endeavor Shoot me a PM

Thanks in advance,
Madog

cmak

Flaminpyro's TANK007 is very nice, I've had my eye on it for quite a while as well (see sig). Spectacular heatsinking and he might even be able to do focus adapter of some sort if you ask em nicely ;D

-Chris

Just brows DX for a host. In the right hands, almost any host can be converted.
Then your host will truly be custom.

Best bet, when picking out a host. Is to stick with hosts designed to use 18650 cells,
better to have more room to play with then not enough. Also a host with a rear clicky switch will be easier to work with.

madog

Flaminpyro's TANK007 is very nice, I've had my eye on it for quite a while as well (see sig). Spectacular heatsinking and he might even be able to do focus adapter of some sort if you ask em nicely ;D

-Chris

Thanks cmak, could you tell me what focus adapter means?

madog

It goes over the focusing ring of the Aixiz lens, making it wider, so you can adjust the focus of the beam without putting your fingers' in the beam.

Edit: Like these: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-ezfocus-adapters-focusing-adapter-krytons-others-22510.html

Edit2: Offtopic, but madog, did you ever get your Hulk fixed?

Thanks for the info Prototype. I like the looks of them. Functional as well as cosmetic.

By the way, no I haven't got my hulk fixed. My money has gone to Daguin and Wicked Lately. Plus I'm looking for a unique host for a 445nm diode. I'll either be looking to get it fixed, or maybe even sold in a little while.

cmak

Alright, well good luck getting finding the wonderful and unique host of your dreams to suit that 445nm diode of yours! My vote, once again, stays with FP's TANK007, mainly for the excellent features of the host (side clicky, built-in tripod adapter and comes with nice tripod... etc.) and the great heatsinking.

Oh and thanks for answering the question on my behalf, Proto :thanks:

-Chris

EDIT: 400th post :wave::wave:

Last edited:
I was talking to someone, can't remember who right now, but they said they were going to build a 445 into one of Jayrob's black pen hosts and list it for sale soon.

Edit: Post 900

Asherz

I'm not sure if he's still around buy IgorT (I think) used to do fantastic builds.

Also check out ehgemus:

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/ehgemus/

He does some fantastic host designs, or you can ask for a custom design. Get the host made by him and then ask Dave or another builder to put it together for you :)

cmak

I was talking to someone, can't remember who right now, but they said they were going to build a 445 into one of Jayrob's black pen hosts and list it for sale soon.

Edit: Post 900

I wonder what power they'd have to set it at in order to have it be able to withhold a typical pen-host duty cycle...

Although rest assured it won't be anywhere near 1W :p

-Chris