Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB - AAA battery spacer

Benm

I'd just DIY it - cut a piece of circuit board to length, and solder a wire with contact points on both ends. All is has to do is conduct, mostly its not required to have the actual shape of a AAA cell.

DJNY

I'd just DIY it - cut a piece of circuit board to length, and solder a wire with contact points on both ends. All is has to do is conduct, mostly its not required to have the actual shape of a AAA cell.

Too bad I don´t have a soldering iron, or any DIY experiences. I always did it with magnetic spacers, but this option doesn´t always work and I´m looking for a more elegant option like the dummy battery I linked above.

3zuli

just go and search your local hardware store, try to find some PVC tubing with the diameter of a AAA battery. then cut 2 round pieces of PCB with the diameter of AAA, cut the tubing to the size of AAA, glue the 2 PCB's to the ends of the tube (copper facing out) and connect them with a wire
and also, get a soldering iron, solder wire and soldering paste ;)

I use a piece of 1/2" wooden dowel...
Then partially push in a tack on each end...
Then wrap some wire (between each end)
around the tack's pins and push the tacks
all the way in to lock the wire in place..

Depending on the type of tack.. you may need
to scrape the electrical contact surfaces clean of
any paint or protective coatings...

Jerry

Last edited:

daguin

Just get a bolt, or a piece of aluminum rod stock, the right diameter, cut it to length. Wrap it in tape, leaving the ends bare.

= Dummy spacer for 25 cents

Peace,
dave

daguin

You guys are all correct, but he said he doesn't DIY.:confused:

Perhaps, with the right encouragement, he will ;)

A saw and some tape does not have much of a learning slope

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

jakeGT

What's wrong with the one you linked phil?

EDIT: just realized that was a AA, and you need AAA.
ME so silly!

EDIT 2: I just googled AAA battery spacer, and this thread was the 6th link down :( sorry, they seem impossible to find

Last edited:

DJNY

Thanks all of you!

I might go with Dave´s way.

Too bad there is no good-looking AAA dummy batt existing like the one I linked above.

Edit: What about this one?

Last edited:
Let me know if it turns out ok. You never quite know with eBay. At least they are pretty cheap. I have to say I was really suprised how hard they were to find. I found that link buried on page 4 of my third or forth reworded google search.