Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 3W+ Blue Laser

I believe that's two 9mm diodes, not one, that actually will spit out the claimed output power... however, battery life and duty cycle suffer, not to mention beam specs

I don't think so. Specs say 1- 9mm diode and yes even on 2x 18650 3400mAh brats it will have a super short life

I seem to recall rick mentioning his 4W+ handhelds were two diodes knife edged or something on this forum... I could be wrong though

There is NO way Rick can get 4.6W out of a 9mm diode. If he does say he can then either his meter is not calibrated or he is pushing them so hard that they will pop soon. My 3.2W MagLite is driven at 2.4A which is right at the safe level for a 9mm yet its still 1.4W under what Rick says he can get.......BS

Rick bought a few of the new generation 9mm 445nm diodes and has demonstrated getting +4W out of them. I would guess that's what's in it the prices seems to match. Don't be so quick to spread hate livinloud.

How could I be so stupid? The totally detailed description makes it sooooooo obvious. Maybe if it said something about being the new 9mm then we'd know but all it says is 1- 9mm

Thanks for that It is the same thing that happened when I got over 3w +:thanks:

Rick bought a few of the new generation 9mm 445nm diodes and has demonstrated getting +4W out of them. I would guess that's what's in it the prices seems to match. Don't be so quick to spread hate livinloud.

How could I be so stupid? The totally detailed description makes it sooooooo obvious. Maybe if it said something about being the new 9mm then we'd know but all it says is 1- 9mm

Your just assuming the worst, your choice, you look foolish though.

Assumed nothing, read 1-9mm 445 diode. Pardon me for not stalking rick and knowing his every move, dealing with cancer is a little more important

First laser is a lie and second is junk

There is NO way Rick can get 4.6W out of a 9mm diode. If he does say he can then either his meter is not calibrated or he is pushing them so hard that they will pop soon. My 3.2W MagLite is driven at 2.4A which is right at the safe level for a 9mm yet its still 1.4W under what Rick says he can get.......BS

Pretty sure the hopes is that the buyers dont have a LPM and cant check the power. I'll only believe it when I see it with my own eyes.

To quote again, it's pretty clear you assumed old generation diode over new.

0mw no power this is a kit you have to put it all together

Description: You get

Batteries included USA only can not ship battery out of the USA

use 2-18650 batteries in this kit

1: MX 900 Flashlight

1-Pair of safety glasses
1: Battery Charger
1 -Copper Heat Sink

1- 445nm 9mm diode you will get around 4.6W to 4.8W + or - 10% on some power meters

1- heatsink

1-best Focusable lens I could find

1- driver 4 Mode 100%-50%-5%-STROBE

Batteries go in + to Module Spring

run time 30sec. to 60sec. max on a cool day

*Disclaimer*

By purchasing these diodes you are agreeing to the following.
- You are over 18 years of age .

- You understand that these components that are mentioned above are dangerous when not properly assembled into a finished product.

- You will use these host in a safe and responsible manner and for a legal purpose.

- You are legally responsible for the use of these components, improper use of these components or their end products.

- You are legally responsible for any injury to anybody resulting from the use of or assembly of these components or their finished products. You Accept this diode/module as a COMPONENT for integration in a system of YOUR OWN design and will be legally responsible from any and all LIABILITIES These Diodes and Modules are sold solely as a component for incorporation into the customer's end products. Therefore, this diode/module is exempt from compliance with the appropriate requirements of FDA 21CFR, section 1040.10

No assumptions, just reading.......Maybe if I stalked LPF recently then I'd have read Rick bought a few "new" 9mm diodes. Guess I've been dealing with my life and not spending it online. Again, I do apologize for dealing with my life. Carry on

No assumptions, just reading.......Maybe if I stalked LPF recently then I'd have read Rick bought a few "new" 9mm diodes. Guess I've been dealing with my life and not spending it online. Again, I do apologize for dealing with my life. Carry on

No hard feelings, being sick isn't fun.

Trust me, I WISH I wasnt sick and could spend the time I used to on here. I missed most of the 1W 520nm news and I know nothing about these new 9mm 445nm. First and last I heard Alex was trying to raise funds to test one. Didnt know anyone had enough to even buy one or two by themselves.

I didn't know new 9mm 445nm's were out either... no hard feelings here livinloud :beer: