Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 1W Green Laser

hoo7h

Hey all,

I am looking for a 1W greenie that preferably takes 1 18650. PM with pics.

Thanks!

If you are technically proficient, you can get the parts even cheaper and build one for about $180.00. You pay to have someone else put most of it together for you so you can solder two wires and drop it into a host. I live in Tacoma and have built many handheld and lab lasers. If I can be of service, let me know. :yh:

i'm getting lazy in my old age and prefer a prebuilt module ready to go with driver now :p

Oh come on, Chris. I'm older than you are and I still build all mine from scratch. Getting it for the least amount of money is half the fun. I am still building for other members too. :crackup:

Working with those tiny drivers, soldering them and making sure you don't break anything takes real patience, last one i worked on i broke the leads right off the diode, both of them.

Youch! That's gotta hurt. I just take my time and try to be as careful as possible. Haven't had an accident in a long time now.....knock on wood. Yeah, destroying a $200.00 diode would ruin my whole month. I get it, though. If you can pay someone to do it for you, why not avoid a possible mistake. Hey, I'm always here for you if you need a diode pressed and driver set up and the whole thing wired up. I usually don't even charge for my time.

i just need to slow down and be more cognisant of how fragile those leads are and i'd be ok. Fortunately, the one i broke a year plus ago was only a green single mode laser diode, not terribly expensive. Haven't tried since, but I've been away from home and all my toys since then too, now that I'm back i may try getting that ~493 nm laser diode going :)

Last edited:
Oh, Chris. You just gotta build that 495nm laser. You won't be disappointed. The color is awesome.

Hi Hoo,
Yes DTR sells the best components and you wouldn't want to skimp with a diode of that cost . The guys here are correct , have some one build it for you .. Good luck buddy have fun and be safe.

Rich:)

If you are technically proficient, you can get the parts even cheaper and build one for about $180.00. You pay to have someone else put most of it together for you so you can solder two wires and drop it into a host. I live in Tacoma and have built many handheld and lab lasers. If I can be of service, let me know. :yh:

i'm getting lazy in my old age and prefer a prebuilt module ready to go with driver now :p

I have put together 11 lasers ever since I started and I have yet to press and solder my own diode :(
I’m too afraid, thank goodness for Jordan and Gary in my situation lol.

Paul put together the module I used in my 505nm build for me. He spent lots of time on it and didn't send it out until it was perfect. Age is no excuse, but it is somewhat of a talent. :D

Paul, I need to get a driver for the 493 nm. Grainde, you know I want that Cyp. II, the amount of $ those bring have kept me away :( but I'd put a triple beam 638 nm LD into it. Lifetime, wish I had bought that all brass 495 from you!

Paul, I need to get a driver for the 493 nm. Grainde, you know I want that Cyp. II, the amount of $ those bring have kept me away :( but I'd put a triple beam 638 nm LD into it. Lifetime, wish I had bought that all brass 495 from you!

I have used the Nano Boost drivers set at 275 mA. But, my understanding is Jordan is out of them at the moment. If you have an adjustable X-Drive, that would be my next preference. I do have some boost drivers coming from astralist. One can be set up to 400 mA and the other, up to 300 mA. These are his generic H and L boost drivers that he sells for around $15.00 each. Not a bad deal, but if you use one of these, he told me not to exceed the maximum current or the diode would fail on them. If you want to send it to me, I will press it, put a driver set up on it and send it back to you. :beer:

Kind offer, probably should just buy some drivers anyway for some SM diodes and get one for it at the same time. I have the pressing tool and modules in hand, just need drivers, but thank you for your kind offer Paul.