Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

World's Largest <1mW Rechargeable Pointer

It's like those big (physically) lasers we were so impressed with in elementary school (for those of us who are older) but were abysmally weak by today's standards.

diachi

Wow thats giant, I would stand with it looking into the mirror and laugh at how ridiculously huge and weak it was. Anyway, its still a great buy for $10. I say preserve it, it will give you something to show off in the future :p

I'm green with envy. That has to be one of the most impressive lasers I have seen.

It looks like it should be a giant glow stick swap out the grey plasic for some clear tube and throw and LED inside =)

Draper..  My best guess as a home theater nut(my other hobby.. 3-tubed CRT beasts) is that this is the company that makes many of the projection screens us HT nuts use ;D. The laser was probably used to assist in aligning the projector and screen.

Still an awesome find! I bet it does have some decent value as a collector's item...

EDIT: Yepper ;D- see here: http://www.draperinc.com/

It's a drapery company...Maybe it's roughly the size of a curtain rod? When putting up two supports for a curtain rod: Put up the first one, put this thing in it, use the dot to align where to put the second support for the other side of the window/door. Maybe it's a curtain leveler?

Or what ^he^ said.

What's the current and voltage it's taking?I'm curious to now how efficient is it :p

truly amazing! hard to decide what to do with it! a big arse burner would be awesome but then the laugh you get for having such a huge weak laser may be ranked above the previous!